It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery monster crocodile at large in Australia.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
theres so many stories with these huge animals, Japanees piolts use to mistake salt water croc's for mini subs during WWII, so the rumors go.
When I was in Sydney in 97 I read a story in the paper about a salt croc coming out of the ocean and eating someone walking down the beach, my mate had a connection with the guys who do tagging of these crocs and hooked me up with a trip out on the boat to help out.
Once I found out these guys go out at night in a boat smaller then 99% of the crocs they tag to do this job, I backed out with a polite......... "Are you F'ing Crazy Mate" Ill stick to hunting grizzle bears, its alot safer.
We all had a good laugh and dug up info on some of the record animals down in that area, there was a world record Sailfish caught as well as a Great White they spotted outside Sydney Harbor. The estimated the head to be three meters in width. They surely grow them bid down there, what an awsome country and the people arent so bad either

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
It is either fake, a genetic anomaly or real.

Mystery solved.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Not sure why anyone is scared of a large salty...
At least you can see them coming..
But if you come to Australia be careful of the Drop Bears..
Thems sneaky buggers, with big teeth..

uncyclopedia.wikia.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Not sure why anyone is scared of a large salty...
At least you can see them coming..
But if you come to Australia be careful of the Drop Bears..
Thems sneaky buggers, with big teeth..

uncyclopedia.wikia.com...

Whoa! They captured a pic of my ex and that's what she's called? She seemed so friendly at first...

That explains the fang marks on my neck and the loss of blood...
edit on 12-12-2010 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by Kailassa

Alright Mate - (I mean mate as in the Australian usage, and not in the sense of pair-bonding.)
There is currently no reliable way of measuring crocodile age, although several techniques can be used to derive a reasonable guess. The most common method is to measure lamellar growth rings in bones and teeth - each ring corresponds to a change in growth rate which typically occurs once a year between dry and wet seasons.
PDUK

Thanks for the info, but I've just learned you can count the rings to measure the age of ancient Aussie crocs.
Sadly, you have to dissect the croc first, and this tends to have a deleterious effect on the creature's health.

Once dissected you count the wedding rings, engagement rings etc.
On the average an Aussie croc eats a tourist each week, and they average out at one ring each, so you can work it out from there.
Fancy a trip to Australia, mate? I'd gladly have a friend show you the local watering holes.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What are the laws for croc hunting in australia?

We have aligators where i live, they have a gator season its like 3 months long... its a lottery drawing only so many licenses are given... You can only catch 2 per person per year..

Get caught outside of these rules your looking at a felony poaching charge.... which is you can get up to 5 years in prison.

Gators all over out here, theres millions. The law was real loose about 30 years ago, and the population of aligators were reduced to maybe half a million... I think there is like 13-15 million now.. they are EVERYWHERE.
edit on 12-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Its not a shark, but I think the reaction would be the same.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
omg... that is a big croc...

Sure would like to see more pictures of him in the future.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Kailassa

Very funny !!

Not married though so I would have to bring some curtain rings if that's OK ?

PDUK

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by thecinic

We have aligators where i live, they have a gator season its like 3 months long... its a lottery drawing only so many licenses are given... You can only catch 2 per person per year..

Get caught outside of these rules your looking at a felony poaching charge.... which is you can get up to 5 years in prison.

Gators all over out here, theres millions. The law was real loose about 30 years ago, and the population of aligators were reduced to maybe half a million... I think there is like 13-15 million now.. they are EVERYWHERE.

Alligator tastes pretty damn good. My dad lives in FL and we've discussed "harvesting" a few. Cleaning the damn things is the rate limiting step since his wife would probably pop a gasket seeing a gator or two hung up to bleed before we extracted the goodies. Oh well, look at the bright side, you've got one hell of a meat supply should SHTF.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bozzchem

Originally posted by thecinic

Alligator tastes pretty damn good. My dad lives in FL and we've discussed "harvesting" a few. Cleaning the damn things is the rate limiting step since his wife would probably pop a gasket seeing a gator or two hung up to bleed before we extracted the goodies. Oh well, look at the bright side, you've got one hell of a meat supply should SHTF.

Never not within 5-10 min of a lake...

If SHTF

got lakes everywhere to fish and yes gators......

its not as hard as everyone thinks to process these... especially if you really had to...

Most here though pay to have it processed... Like 150 bucks 200 bucks you can always give the guy some of the meat and get it done for 100...

Id love to sink my teeth into a croc bet it's real nice and salty...

Gator tail is indeed awsome it does really taste like chicken..

I also enjoy eating bull frog legs... going gigging for frogs is upmost fun and eating them taste almost like chicken...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

ahahahaha, a friend of mine told some visiting swedes about the drop bears, they were totally freaked. They went back to sweden telling tales of the infamous australian drop bears, how classic.

edit on 12-12-2010 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Loch Ness anyone?

That could be anything floating in the water.. and of course aussies would want to win the 'we have the biggest croc' contest

edit on 12-12-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Austrailia seems like a cool place to visit, but why do they have to have all of these insansely dangerous creatures? I mean it's like your worst nightmare just walking through the forrest. Frickin' funnel web spiders falling of trees landin' on you, and brown snakes lasso'n around your neck, while giant crocs chase after you.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO
Loch Ness anyone?

That could be anything floating in the water.. and of course aussies would want to win the 'we have the biggest croc' contest

edit on 12-12-2010 by MurrayTORONTO because: (no reason given)

Shame about their speech impediment...but it's soooooo common...in New Zealand we "shear" sheep while the Aussies "share" them.

Aussies may have bigger crocs, but Kiwis have bigger balls...we stood up and pulled out of ANZUS

Imagine if it had been called Anstralia!

(Just joshing my over-the-ditch cuzzies).

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Austrailia seems like a cool place to visit, but why do they have to have all of these insansely dangerous creatures? I mean it's like your worst nightmare just walking through the forrest. Frickin' funnel web spiders falling of trees landin' on you, and brown snakes lasso'n around your neck, while giant crocs chase after you.

lol, that's funny..Then you run for the water and face great white sharks and box jellyfish..
But it's all good...

BTW, did you know that a croc can outrun a man on land??
You wouldn't think so with them tiny legs...

I'm amazed there's any of us left here..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

Shame about their speech impediment...but it's soooooo common...in New Zealand we "shear" sheep while the Aussies "share" them.

Come on mate..It's the kiwis that share the sheep..
Why they are like a part of the family over there..

Say hello dad, "baaaa"...

And just say six for me

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
crikey, do bad steve irwin isn't alive, he'll have it lassoed by episode 3.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Merciful Zeus, that's huge!

That's not a crocodile ... that's a dinosaur. Or Nessie.

In a way I hope they catch it because I'd love to see a scale comparison next to a person, but in another way ... I hope that sucker just stays out there and keeps on growing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join