It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police propoganda! They want to arrest political rapper Lowkey because of the recent British protest

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by loveguy
I gotta go check-out what this rapper guy is up to. I have a feeling I'm going to develop a high esteem for him!

It's probably a waste of time.

His 'rhyming' is akin to what you'd find in a confused 11-year-old's poems, and his verbal scanning is hardly Shakespearean.

Of course, since he's rapping about things that will be slavishly lapped up by some on here, then that makes this guy the dog's bollocks.

Obviously. Content is an important aspect of Hip-Hop. People who like the message of his songs will no doubt like his songs. Why does that perplex you? Better still, why is his ability as a musician(which is subjective btw) relevant?

Shakespeare never said anything the common man can relate to. He's like an Opera singer, a fine wine or a Michelin star meal. Only appreciated by the elite and those who worship the opinion of the elite as if it were fact. He catered to all around upperclass handjobbers.

Go listen to Shostakovich. Nobody forced you into this thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by NadaCambia

I had never heard of this Lowkey until I saw this thread, but after listening to the clips that you provided, I have come to the conclusion that he should be charged with crimes against our ears !

What utter gash.

Seriously though, if those people wanted by police are guilty, then it doesn't surprise me. Most of them are clearly 'chavs' who probably don't even know who David Cameron is, let alone what the protests were supposedly about, and who just came along to cause some mindless violence.

The nearest they'll ever come to a university is if they land a job cleaning out the toilets in one.

Also, for those palming themselves into a frenzy with talk about 'revolution', I can confidently inform you that it's not going to happen any time soon. People really need to stop letting fantastical thoughts cloud their judgements of reality; so put those tissues away.

Tell us what you really think. Us 'peasants' should be locked up in cages.

Tell me. How many times have you been invited by renound American Universities as guest speaker? How many politicians have reached out to work with you? How many times have media networks contacted you to give your opinion? It's all well and good spouting your elitist rhetoric, the reality is the 1 guy we know about in those pictures has already achieved more in his life than you'll ever do.

And the 1 guy we know about in those pictures has been interviewed and cleared by the police. So your claims they went along to cause mindless violence are without merit.

In short, most your claims are 'gash' and come from nothing more than ignorance. You're a quasi-intelligent bigot.
edit on 13-12-2010 by NadaCambia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

hakespeare never said anything the common man can relate to.
reply to post by NadaCambia

I respectfully disagree with you NadaCambia. I've taught Shakespeare and to students in special education too. They were enthralled by Othellow and absolutely loved playing in Macbeth. We even did the full Hamlet.

Shakespeare is very subtle with his language which can often be taken two ways; he had his penny crowd who had to stand to see his plays and they understood him well. Iago for instance could have been a revolutionary and often spouts anti establishment rhetoric in the play; if viewed as a dissident and 'mole' he is easily understood as an underling who would stop at nothing to pull down the power elite. But he lived in a police state and had to please the elite royalty as well; so he made his revolutionary the 'bad guy.' One day a student with Downs Syndrome came into my class. He loved Shakespeare most of all and kept stopping by to visit years later to say he was still watching the plays.

Opera...look at those stories! It's like the worst soap operas ever invented; they are laughable - especially when the characters are played by such olympian bodies resembling refrigerators. But their voices are unbelievably beautiful and gorgeous!

Shakespeare was not an elitist; that is why his plays and poems still ring true.

And Lowkey could be considered - in the commercial rap world - as Shakespearean as you can get...he actually has a point of view about current events and shows up to express it. He is doing what Shakespeare could only dream of doing: direct defiance. Shakespeare's was indirect and very very subtle; otherwise he would have easily lost his head.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Shakespeare never said anything the common man can relate to.

Bollocks.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Double post.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
Go listen to Shostakovich. Nobody forced you into this thread.

LOL.

I was already listening to Shostakovich and Prokofiev tonight.

The fact that you're waxing lyrical about this talentless #, tells us that he's just a bit of an idiot, who can't make ''a point'' without making tuneless whines that surround his money-making scheme.

Having infected my ears with this talentless twat ''Lowkey'', then I had to purify my ears by popping on some Mahler...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
At the risk of having hugely misunderstood your post, what was the connection between the protests and lowkey?

<< 1   >>

join