It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police propoganda! They want to arrest political rapper Lowkey because of the recent British protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Did one of these suspects attack Camilla during tuition fees riots? Police issue 'rogues' gallery' of 14 protesters

By Mail On Sunday Reporter
Last updated at 10:59 AM on 12th December 2010

Scotland Yard last night issued a ‘rogues’ gallery’ of 14 demonstrators being hunted over the student riots.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

news.sky.com... 215852052?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15852052_Scotland_Yard_Releases_Images_Of_14_People_Wanted_After_Student_Tuition_Protest_Turned_V iolent

At least one of them may have been involved in Thursday night's attack on the Royal Rolls-Royce during which the Duchess of Cornwall was prodded in the ribs with a stick through an open window.

A Scotland Yard source said last night: ‘The images released are in relation to several incidents, including the attack on Charles and Camilla.’

Some facts about Kareem Dennis aka Lowkey

- Lowkey helped publicise the NSPCC's Don't Hide It campaign

- Lowkey has worked as a representative of his community with Menzies Campbell

- Lowkey works closely with Tony Benn for the Stop The War movement

- He's at most protests as a guest speaker/poet

- He is part of a group called 'Mongrel'. His album was released free via the Independant and he invited by Hugo Chavez to make an album with him

- He's been detained twice by Israeli police when doing events to help the Gaza strip and Palestine

- He's the biggest political rapper in the UK, and his Youtube videos get hundreds of thousands of views in the space of a month, despite getting 0 radio or tv play. His releases regulary outsell mainstream rappers, despite record labels wanting nothing to do with him

In short. The police know who he is, without question. So it's mighty suspect imo that they're pretending they have no idea who he is.

There you have it. Police trying to silence Lowkey now he's getting fame. The police for a fact, i know, know who he is. So why are they playing dumb and pretending they have no idea who he is!?!?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Dont know about him been involved in them riots but the guy is a good rapper, I have never heard of him before and judging by what he raps about, im not surprised he doesnt get air play.

You know its only X factor contestants, metrosexual boy bands, anorexic teen girls and cheesy rock bands like Kings Of Cum Face, who get into the British charts.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
Dont know about him been involved in them riots but the guy is a good rapper, I have never heard of him before and judging by what he raps about, im not surprised he doesnt get air play.

You know its only X factor contestants, metrosexual boy bands, anorexic teen girls and cheesy rock bands like Kings Of Cum Face, who get into the British charts.

Exactly right. It's funny because he gets so many fans coming up to him for autographs etc while at these protests. That the police can even pretend to have no idea who he is, is laughable in itself.

If someones been detained by Israel twice, gets invited to personally meet Chavez, is a main component in the Stop the War movement... Yet they don't know who he is?

They're clearly lying through their teeth. Or we have the most inept intelligence agencies in the world!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So lets get this straight.

Political activists being detained when they haven't been violent, other activists being accused of violence so they can be detained, kettling being used to subdue protestors (even though it has the opposite effect). Police being really very violent and from some recordings they seem to enjoy doing it, the government calling for protests to stop, the media reporting protests in a very negative light, violence slowly creeping in to the protests and other countries seeing the same sort of politically motivated violence. Oh and the car of a royal family member being smashed up.

Does this sound like the first shots in a revolution? Or will it die down?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
They're clearly lying through their teeth. Or we have the most inept intelligence agencies in the world!

We most certainly don't have inept intelligence agencies, quite the opposite, they collect huge swaths of data. Are you aware of the computer system that now records all number plates of traffic on main roads, city centres and various other locations? That data is stored for 5 years.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NadaCambia

Tbh hes probably safer this way. You know what happens to influential famous people who try to speak out against war and govt miss doings, Just look at my avatar for a reminder

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty

Tbh hes probably safer this way. You know what happens to influential famous people who try to speak out against war and govt miss doings, Just look at my avatar for a reminder

Yep. Appreciate the responses and flags. This info needs to be out there! Why are the police pretending they don't know who Kareem Dennis is?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
shouldn't there be a picture of the police man who nearly killed a student by bashing him over the head with a truncheon in the "Rogues Gallery". Also on the police propaganda side, here is an interesting look at the Policeman who was meant to have been dragged from his horse and beaten by protestors.

On Thursday David Cameron said he had heard about “police officers being dragged off police horses and beaten,” and BBC News ran the claim without fact-checking it.

I’ve not found any evidence for this claim. There was however one incident of a police horse and an officer, caught by Sky News…

liberalconspiracy.org...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
shouldn't there be a picture of the police man who nearly killed a student by bashing him over the head with a truncheon in the "Rogues Gallery". Also on the police propaganda side, here is an interesting look at the Policeman who was meant to have been dragged from his horse and beaten by protestors.

On Thursday David Cameron said he had heard about “police officers being dragged off police horses and beaten,” and BBC News ran the claim without fact-checking it.

I’ve not found any evidence for this claim. There was however one incident of a police horse and an officer, caught by Sky News…

liberalconspiracy.org...

You know what else was interesting, I was watching Sky News live while all this was going on. And they had a helicopter covering the highstreet incidents. And for about 20 minutes they were zoomed in on riot police walking back a group of protestors. Whats really interesting is that they had their helicopter zoomed in on this for almost half an hour, waiting for something to happen. And something did happen, the police started marching forward, pushing protestors in their back(ala Ian Tomlinson), and I mean REALLY pushing them in the back. People were flying forwards doing superman dives into bins etc. It was really quite vicious and these people were doing nothing but walking away.

Now whats really interesting about this is, within 20 seconds or so, the Sky Copter zoomed out and panned away. And for about 5 minutes the Sky Cam was viewing an empty street where nothing had happened. By the time they went back to the original area of 'conflict', nothing was happening.

It just struck me as very odd that the Sky Cam was waiting for half an hour to get a bit of ruckus, and as soon as they did, they zoomed out. Presumably because it painted the officers in a terrible light. They really were pushing people in the back something stupid, guys were flying over wheelie bins and all sorts.

Why would the camera zoom out and pan away? Surely that's why they want, thats' what brings in ratings. Would they have zoomed away with protestors were attacking the police? No.

This, teamed with the fact the Sky News team had a high ranking ex-police officer on the show giving running commentary with the Sky team, made me think there was something sinister at work. Collusion between Sky News and the Police. My views were confirmed later on in the show when the ex-Officer stated the police work very closely with the media, to the extent they get media feeds and find out where the trouble makers are. The Officer quickly went back on that, and made it clear he meant the officers watch the news on tv, not special feeds.

I hope somebody else watched the Sky News feed. I've yet to see the footage on Youtube. I know Sky News is crap, and most don't watch it, and I usually don't, but I stuck with it because of their aerial footage via the helicopter. And immediately my conspiracy radar went off when the camera panned away from live footage of police assaulting people.

Anyone see the incident I'm describing? It was really quite violent, and I imagine the officers in question would get in a great deal of trouble for doing what only months ago killed an innocent person. That Sky haven't reshown the video is worrying too.

You suspect there's an element of collusion between media-government and police, but when you see it in live context its scary

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This is the start of a very bad trend. First they arrest Assange, now Lowkey. It looks like they;re getting serious about going after "domestic terrorists".
A few more key anti-war figures like these 2 will probably get grabbed up under the flimsiest of pretexts as some sort of object lesson to "encourage" the masses to stay in line.

Lowkey has some great lyrics. I don't care for his style or having Enya singing backups but that's just my tastes. I can see why he is so popular; he's a straight shooter and lives what he believes. The PTB can't stand that as it doesn;t give them a leg to try to bring them down with. So they make up BS like this. They'll probably say HE was the guy that knocked that poor police drone off his horse.

The media is disgusting in how slanted their coverage is. Always it's the protestors that are violent and are in the wrong.

Sickening that anyone believes a word the MSM has to say anymore.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
now if it were my news station, wouldve gotten better ratings for sure. "ENRAGED RIOT POLICEMAN KNOCKS COMRADE OFF OF HIS HORSE WHILE TRYING TO BEAT WOMAN" the horse was extremely agitated, understandably, and beat the policeman. the horse has now plead guilty to assaulting another police officer while on duty as a police officer and will recieve no bail

sometimes you just have to laugh otherwise you just want to throttle them d-(^.^)-b good catch

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I've never heard of him before and I'm from UK. He's good though, I'm not usually into rap because of how fake it is, but this is real. His lyrics are brilliant and painfully true. I'm not surprised they're trying to get rid of him. I'm sure there will be a fuss if they attempt to arrest him. The people should stick together and refuse his arrest. Thanks for letting us know. S+F

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I had never heard of this Lowkey until I saw this thread, but after listening to the clips that you provided, I have come to the conclusion that he should be charged with crimes against our ears !

What utter gash.

Seriously though, if those people wanted by police are guilty, then it doesn't surprise me. Most of them are clearly 'chavs' who probably don't even know who David Cameron is, let alone what the protests were supposedly about, and who just came along to cause some mindless violence.

The nearest they'll ever come to a university is if they land a job cleaning out the toilets in one.

Also, for those palming themselves into a frenzy with talk about 'revolution', I can confidently inform you that it's not going to happen any time soon. People really need to stop letting fantastical thoughts cloud their judgements of reality; so put those tissues away.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
sup?
Good post.I saw this guys terrorist track a while back and was well impresed,he had balls to tell it like it is and he was good at it.I didnt realise he was involved so much politicaly. it dosent look good for him.Im gonna steal your info and show it else where if thats ok?

I knew before this protest,no matter how many people turned out,the camers were waiting for the few fools who started to act crazy.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
On the up side any attention by the authorities will only bring more coverage to Lowkey - meaning more people will hear his message. Even in the worst situations, some good comes of it, eh?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Whoa there !

Are you actually saying that the man circled in the CCTV footage is the 'singer' in the videos ?

Have you got any source for that, as that seems like a bit of a stretch... While they may not look too dissimilar, I'd be surprised if they were actually the same person. Unless the photo from the CCTV footage is not a particularly accurate representation of the suspect, then they are clearly two different people.

I stand to be corrected, but I'd be surprised if the guy on the CCTV turns out to be the same guy who is in the videos.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

From Lowkey's twitter about 2 hours ago:

is NOT wanted. I have already been questioned regarding these matters, so please STOP buying into the hype. Thank you.

twitter.com...

Looks like he's in the clear, at least for now. BTW, thanks for the exposure to a great artist! Love finding new music

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Governments are obligated to keep the peace...

Politics is the reason behind protests taking place- in the first place.

What is not yet being addressed is who is to be held accountable for breaching the peace?

People standing up against disturbances caused by "authority" are getting shown in a fraudulent light.

People protesting is a classic example of cause and effect.

We don't protest until after we are subjected to disturbing circumstances.

I gotta go check-out what this rapper guy is up to. I have a feeling I'm going to develop a high esteem for him!

Good thread OP.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
I gotta go check-out what this rapper guy is up to. I have a feeling I'm going to develop a high esteem for him!

It's probably a waste of time.

His 'rhyming' is akin to what you'd find in a confused 11-year-old's poems, and his verbal scanning is hardly Shakespearean.

Of course, since he's rapping about things that will be slavishly lapped up by some on here, then that makes this guy the dog's bollocks.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Whoa there !

Are you actually saying that the man circled in the CCTV footage is the 'singer' in the videos ?

Have you got any source for that, as that seems like a bit of a stretch... While they may not look too dissimilar, I'd be surprised if they were actually the same person. Unless the photo from the CCTV footage is not a particularly accurate representation of the suspect, then they are clearly two different people.

I stand to be corrected, but I'd be surprised if the guy on the CCTV turns out to be the same guy who is in the videos.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

It is him. I'm telling you as a fact. I've actually worked with Lowkey before, so I'm in a good position to know what he looks like.

Granted his chin looks a bit round on the CCTV pics but people look different on different angles. If he says the police aren't after him then the police aren't after him, but it's him in the pics released.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join