It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"WAKE UP!" Realizing the Dream at the end of the Dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This happens regularly. I have a dream, it has a story, I'm myself, and in the end I die or get scared. I fall, get shot, get stabbed, get kidnapped, anything, but right before I die, or get into a scary situation, I tell myself, "WAKE UP, THIS IS A DREAM", As in, it pops up. Sometimes, a little banner comes up in my dream and actually tells me this. Then I wake up, either remembering or not remembering until a shower (for some reason I remember almost all of my dreams while showering in the morning, quite odd)

As in, it was like I knew it was a dream from the start. I don't really know what to say, but what I want to figure out how can I make myself know I'm dreaming from the start? Yes I know it's lucid dreaming, and it's what I want to accomplish. Next up is astral projection but I need to do this slowly, thanks for any replies!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Try to take control of every dream. Simply ask the first person you see if "this" is a dream. If they answer you in a calm respective manor, take control of your dream. 99 times of 100 you will be dreaming when you ask.

You will stop being killed off and bullied right away, try it tonight.

Watch the movie "Waking Life" for examples of how to find out if you are dreaming, and in order to fully understand the concept of controlling your dreams.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Here's a trick that never fails:
When you're in an unpleasant situation, shut your mouth and your nose with your hand, and try to breathe.
If you can, you are dreaming.
Dont worry about doing that, if you're in an unpleasant situation in waking life, you'd know it. If you actually feel the impulse to do it, it's almost certaun it's a dream anyways. So do it

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by incarnating

reply to post by Tribble

Guys, the thing is, I can't. I never realize I'm dreaming until something bad happens, like me dying or something. I never find out. I don't even get an idea that I'm dreaming. Everything is real to me until I die. Sometimes I question reality and wonder if I die will I truly 'wake up'. It's just like that.

edit: Lol what I posted here reminds me of the movie, Inception

edit on 12-12-2010 by iAnjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
your description is similar to what i experience. i never know its a dream until an attack or something happens and i wake up. then for some reason, the dream that i remember isnt the one i just had, but one from the previous night or maybe even a couple nights ago. its like my memory is outof sync with the chronological order of the dreams. sometimes ill remember one from long ago, or what seems like a long time ago.

everybody always says to do ______ or ______ while in the dream to find out if its a dream. i have no idea how people are able to think and make decisions while in a dream, mines more like a movie, i dont have any ability to "try" anything.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

That's like the same as me. Sometimes, I forgot when I dreamt it. If I dreamt it last night, or two days ago, and I get confused. Interesting.

Mines are also like movies, most of the time. I don't see out of my eyes, but like a camera view.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Maybe try to jump back into the dream; if it wakes you, and you're aware that you had it, and woke from it.

Awesome Blue avatar, BTW.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

What do you mean by jump back?

Oh, and thanks, it's Bloo btw

I'm actually changing it soon.

edit: maybe

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo[/i

Guys, the thing is, I can't. I never realize I'm dreaming until something bad happens, like me dying or something. I never find out. I don't even get an idea that I'm dreaming. Everything is real to me until I die. Sometimes I question reality and wonder if I die will I truly 'wake up'. It's just like that.

edit: Lol what I posted here reminds me of the movie, Inception

You have to train yourself to remember it in those stituations. It's quite possible.

Every evening, make it clear to yourself. Then remember what to do.
It will work eventually D:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by incarnating

Alright, starting tomorrow. It's already 11:30PM here so it's a little too late. I'll be going to sleep soon, with some thought, who knows, maybe I'll be lucid tonight

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
good luck dude.

everytime i try to go to bed focusing on a thought like your about to do, i can never fall asleep!!

its a catch 22!

or when i do finally fall alseep, its only because my mind wandered from the thought...

and then im back to square one.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

I know what you mean in your OP, I have similar experiences, even if I wake up in the middle of the night knowing that I have just woken from a dream and then go straight back to sleep and start dreaming again I still can't remember that I am having a dream.
It's extremely frustrating as I would love to be able to lucid dream.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
heard starting a dream journal would help but beyond that don't know what to tell you.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

I've found that I'm often able to go back to the same dream if I go back to sleep right away. I usually don't try to do it, as it's something pretty frightening that woke me up, but if I can do it, it can be done.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
To know yourself in your dream, you must know yourself when you are awake. Or else we run the risk of getting caught up in the illusory nature of our dreams just as we do when we are awake.

Lucid dreaming should be a small rest stop along the road though, not the end goal. "awake" is a rather nebulous term after all

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

If you want to have more control over your dreams, you should start by experimenting with the lighting in your room. Dreams are the most lucid just as the sun is rising, however, at night, you need to have at least a small amount of light in your room. The best way to keep control is to practice breathing techniques, find a kind of pattern or rhythm and breathe intentionally, keeping all your focus on it, also be attentive to your physical body as you sleep. When you are dreaming, the pattern of your breathing will continue, and as long as that patten is there, you can remain conscious while controlling your breathing, as well as maintaining an awareness of your physical body. I often get attacked in my sleep, and when various entities are tampering with me, I have to "snap" myself awake out of sleep paralysis, basically, if you want your will to be strong, your body has to interpret things as a matter of life or death.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Lucidity is a quality of awareness. Reality checks are most often recommended to increase the frequency of lucid dreams. Like questioning if you're dreaming every time you look at your watch or pass through a doorway.

The problem with most reality checks is that the person does them and quickly forgets about it, rendering their efforts practically useless. The trick is to do your reality check, but not let it go. Keep that awareness that is required to question your realty as long as possible. The more you do it, the longer you can sustain it.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
A lot of my dreams seem to be ending in a sudden realisation of causality. These may include my own, impending death, the deaths of close friends or family and as recent as last night, facing 10 years imprisonment for drug smuggling and realising my life was ruined. Every time I seem to wake up at the moment of realisation with a mix of terror and relief. I hate my dreams sometimes.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I to cannot get passed the part of realizing I am dreaming. I don't know if I am dreaming until something bad happens.

top topics

join