It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elementary school children need lessons in objectivism & methodology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
With the times we're in now, I feel it is very important to start hammering objectivism, methodology, and epistimology into their heads.

Why is this important?

Because we are seeing a growing number of school children holding up signs and protesting, we are hearing them speak half truths and we all know that their parents and/or teachers had hammered their words into their heads.

This is wrong.

I only learned these studies back in my first year of college. This should be learned at a young age when minds are very impressionable, objectivism is very important because it makes them get off their ass and search for the truth rather then just regurgitating some bull# their adult peers had banged into their heads.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I know what you mean True lies I teach and some of this students come from home with their parents mentality, I wish schools were a allowed to teach religion in a generalized way not only one religion but all religions in the world that will eliminate religious illiteracy in this country but religious groups do not agree with that, they rather keep the children in the dark that to allowed them to see the light, and make their own choices.Pity

Certain things in this country can not be change after all.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Let me understand you more clearly though now that we have an issue that could very well fit into this one.

Are you saying that schools that teach religion won't hold classes of objectivism, epistimology, methodology ect because they want to keep the children in the dark?

If that is so that is really pathetic ... objectivism et all can fit into a variety of social, domestic, and foreign issues.

The biggest problem I have with this is that many issues are relative, when you get into relativism everything doesn't seem so one sided anymore, the danger in this perspective is that a religious school that holds classes like this may end up having children going home and bitch to their parents that god may not exist and the class is bs ect, the list can go on.

But on the other hand religious studies are not only interesting they are the core of many traditions and beliefs. So I believe it is vital to keep religion in school.

In elementary school we only learned catholic because it was a catholic school. Once high school began it was still catholic but we touched base on many different religions and had homework to do on them to understand the world and learn we don't live behind rose colored glasses.

And still after all that, years go by and you don't wake up until your an adult which isnt good imo. If you want smart children I believe all those philosophical topics are in order, it makes you think, it really opens your minds and your hearts to other people and ideologies that aren't like you.

You get a better understanding of different perspectives and you learn to QUESTION issues, which people these days aren't asking enough of.
They'll eat anything up it seems.

Children are already asking why, where, who , what ect, why are we putting limits on them when it comes to questions we don't want to answer or may not even know.

It's stunting the intellectual growth of our future generation.

Just think if we open their minds at an early age, think of all the wonderful possibilites that can open up in the future.

[edit on 4-7-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I agree with you, true lies, but this country have to many groups involve in our lives and childrens lifes that is hard to change their mind, as long as this country have so many inflences in our everyday life by this groups and organizations we are going to stay the same way we are now.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
If there isn't any organization to face those other groupies out there how can the right ever win?

I'm starting an organization like the ACLU and i'm going to add this to the list, i'm so sick of these people...

An why don't you teach it anyway?

Incorporate these subjects into a class that correlates with them.
Even if you are teaching grammer per se, use those words and explain the definitions and give examples, and then maybe you can delve into it alittle further.

Or do they have those words "banned" from grammer classes because they are afraid and intimidated when students evolve with open minds.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
When i have kids (not now im 12!)
im not gonna let then watch tv
i dont and im better for it it sucks
and its full of subliminal messages
that can influence kids.

top topics

join