It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaching the Peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Breach of peace

In my research of late I’ve been studying examples of this item in particular;
Breach of the peace:

n. any act which disturbs the public or even one person. It can include almost any criminal act causing fear or attempting intimidation, such as displaying a pistol or shouting inappropriately.

The London riots for example; the students found it very disturbing that their tuition costs were being manipulated unfairly. I feel it to be criminal to compound the ability to pay for an education with the complexities of politics, this was a consequence of breaching the peace of citizens who prior to this, all was basically “in order.”

The L.A. riots as another example; the officers were all acquitted (at first) for the battery of Rodney King. Video showed proof of unnecessary battery by all officers involved. There was “order” leading up to the acquittal.

Waco; the feds MURDERED those individuals. No riot ensued if memory serves me right. However, I felt extremely disturbed by the way it got so out of hand. I think it’s safe to assume there was “order” within the Branch-Davidian's compound?

A new example is how TSA is afforded the annihilation of the 4th Amendment. We are not any more “secure” while there are supposed “sky-Marshall's” on every flight. What excuse was given, or example as to why it is failing? The shoe and underwear bombers both were apprehended, and noone was injured? Yet, we are not "secure enough" to fly? This fact is not being discussed in the public domain, (media) why?

Breach of peace; like when a "peaceful" demonstration is being conducted and the riot police come to make the assemblers disperse. To me, that is a breach of peace. Am I in the wrong?

When or if the SHTF, who is at fault? Will it be because the people are rioting in the streets, or will it be because of those put in place to restore order? Or will it be those who have caused the disturbance in the first place?

When or if TSHTF, it will be a direct result of Breaching the Peace by those who cause us to take a stand. IMHO.

Articles of Confederation

Why else would we bother to take a stand if we are not disturbed to the point of rioting?

What say you ATS?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeyounexttuesday

reply to post by loveguy

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

That's weird. First, I've never heard of Billy Bragg. He's cool!

Second, I tried to embed your videos, but am unable to?????

Star for you friend!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
That's weird. First, I've never heard of Billy Bragg. He's cool!

Second, I tried to embed your videos, but am unable to?????

Star for you friend!

I am sorry, I am completely inept technically, and more so on this site, can't ever manage to embed.

So glad you like Billy Bragg. I think he is wonderful, like the people's poets of old and that second song is one of my favourites (makes me cry everytime).

Excellent OP by the way, I should have said that but I was simply moved to share Billy's words with you. He says it so much better than me anyway.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Well. Isn't this interesting?

It's past my bed-time, pages are taking ages to load. Exclusively ATS pages?!

I keep coming back to where it feels like I'm stuck with dial-up?

I hope this gets remedied soon. This is my favorite place on the net.

I'll be back tomorrow to continue with this thread, if there's any life left in it...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Just to officially declare that whatever was going-on with slow pages loading yesterday, issue is resolved.

Thank you ATS

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
reply to post by loveguy

Just to officially declare that whatever was going-on with slow pages loading yesterday, issue is resolved.

Thank you ATS

Me too. I thought something was wrong with my computer!
Thanks for letting me know others had this problem.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I have "Geo-tool." It tells me who owns what IP domain and it's location.
Normally, ATSs server is out of texas, yesterday it was out of L.A., CA.

It was called "gorillanation.com."
When your page loads, on the bottom-left of page you can see activity of server or whatever it's called.

Thank you for stopping by my thread. I'm not anxiously awaiting whatever else you post here...

I'm sorry, that was a lie.

I look forward for your input because you are one smart cookie!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Interesting thread, although I don't really get the point. Isn't it obvious by now that our rights do get stomped on? Maybe not all the time...maybe not ever depending on who you are. But someone in this country loses his rights daily. It's sad really.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Thank you for embedding those songs.

I must work out how to do that at some point...if I have time...damn that crocodile.

posted on Jan, 10 2021 @ 02:37 PM
link   

a reply to: loveguy

:

top topics

join