It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Antikythera device: Some not so obvious "implications" resulting from it's very existence.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by crankyoldman

Planets ARE discernible to the naked eye - a least the closer and the larger ones. And in a period of history when light pollution was pretty well unknown, it was much easier too. Did you know that in pre-industrial times, many armies used a man's ability to count the moons of Jupiter with his naked eye as a form of eyesight test for recruitment? And let's not even go into the many convincing theories about the ancients use of lenses... which changes the whole equation if true...

Why did the ancient Greeks care so much about planetary movement? Other than the obvious political power that eclipse prediction would bring a ruler over the people - ask yourself this simple question: Who did the ancient Greeks worship? That's all we really need to know to understand the answer to your question.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Reply to post by Danbones

zero was invented by indians, thereafter it was introduced to the west by arabian merchants.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
OK, if this has already been posted then I am sorry I did not see it. It it just possible that the Antikythera device was from 100 to 200 BC but was not made then. As crazy as it may sound it very well could be an OOPArt. It is just possible that it was not built 100 to 200 BC and in fact not even built yet. Just look at all the other out of place artifacts found over the years. I know it sounds crazy but that does not mean it could not be true.

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join