It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religious Theme Park set to break ground.....Noahs Ark Encounter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Wanted to get some feedback from my fellow members here on ATS. I live in Williamstown KY, a small rural town about 30 minutes south of Cincinnati Ohio. Here is a link to give you guys and gals a glimpse at the demographic. www.city-data.com...

This is a fairly poor to medium income county that has a population of 3277 as of the 2000 census and is race based as a Caucasian majority. I guess the best way to describe our dwelling is as "a one stop-light town." Our county, and the state of Kentucky, recently received some pretty big news that was covered on ABC nationally. Its a 150 million dollar project set to break ground in June of 2011. A religious based theme park is ready to set up shop. This park, The Ark Encounter, www.arkencounter.com, is posted as being,

:What is the Ark Encounter?

The Ark Encounter is a one-of-a-kind historically themed attraction. In an entertaining, educational, and immersive way, it presents a number of historical events centered on a full-size, all-wood Ark, which should become the largest timber-frame structure in the USA.

Plans for the attraction include a Walled City, the Tower of Babel, a first-century Middle Eastern village, a journey in history from Abraham to the parting of the Red Sea, a walk-through aviary, a large petting zoo, and so on.

It is designed to be family oriented, historically authentic, and environmentally friendly.

Now, with that being said, this is a major happening for our small one stop light town. There is a Wal-mart, a McDonalds and a couple gas stations within a five minute drive. There is some saying that the state, county, and city government officials are "selling out" and infringing on the separation of church and state. This is a for-profit organization toting that this will have an estimated 1.5 million visitors the first year, which means a large economic boom for this county along side the ripple effect of other major business coming to support the influx of people.

What do you guys think? Whether you believe in the christian religion or not, I believe in economic stimulus and growth.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Tammy Baker as the side show attraction for this money trap, if they cant get you at the tray in church, they will blind you with amusment and get your buck.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

I agree in a way...the upside is an economic boost for this area that is up in unemployment rates. People have been collecting money from religion for centuries, namely the church.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by crkking

religous theme park or religous propaganada park?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
It'll probably rain for forty days and forty nights when they open it.

Will there be a ghost train to represent hell?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by crkking

Yes indeed, your right about that. Plenty of jobs for folks hopefully they will opt out of paying those Fed taxes when they take the job, and put more of their hard earned money back in their pocket.
Its a sad state of affires around "ALL" over, alot still havent been effected by it yet, and alot have been suprised by it.
I hate seeing people out of work, especially around the holidays, puts a pisser on the mood.
There was a special about this on the other day, they did a walk through on the part thats already there and I was just amazed how so many people were flocking to this thing and how they have wrapped the word of god around Amusement......
maybe theres a conspirecy behinde that???

Its America's version of Meca

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
sounds decent. beats the muslim "how to blow up your infedel neighbor", or "if you can't how to take over their country from the inside" camps this summer. Maybe this is the "invade their country and shove the freedom they hate" rides or "all christians must make you love them" funhouse. I could care less. Kill em all and let God sort em out! Merry Xmas!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

It is designed to be family oriented, historically authentic, and environmentally friendly.

I object to this attraction based on the three points they presented above. Here's my take:

1) Family-oriented- Says who? While I'm sure the attractions will be 'clean',the stories behind them from the Astro-theological Literary Hybrid (a.k.a. the 'Bible') are full of foul deeds involving sex,murder,greed and betrayal. You know, all those great things good families subscribe to. And whose family is it oriented for? Certainly not my family. This cliché phrase categorically lumps all families together and thereby fails to address the needs or concerns of families who may object. Disney,this ain't.

2) Historically accurate- Really? Considering that most,if not all the stories in the ALH appear to have been written sometimes hundreds of years or more past the time the events supposedly occurred by mostly unknown or unverifiable authors and the fact that we've yet to find any credible,indisputable evidence of the existence of Moses,Jesus,Noah's Ark or the Ark of Covenant,ad nauseam..., I would find this assertion to be ludicrous, arrogant and completely fraudulent.

3)Environmentally-friendly-Again,really? They will need to tear up vast tracts of land with combustion-powered machines ran by hard-working people who will consume large amounts of food and leave behind large amounts of both human and construction-related waste which will need to be disposed of. Plants and animals will be displaced and or destroyed in the process. The attraction itself will also generate waste water,consume electricity and generate garbage. Additionally, any economic boom which results from this attraction appearing will lead to yet more construction and waste as the town expands to handle the influx of additional people. Not to mention the increased fuel consumption and pollution related to bringing in more goods to the town and visitor's traveling to the area.

Verdict: EPIC FAIL,on all three points. This story absolutely chaps my hide to no end,in case you couldn't tell. Great find and S&F for you!

That's just my two cents,for what it's worth.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well for conspiracies sake: it's funny that there's the construction of a giant ark. Why not a giant tower of babel? I think that would be cooler and they could go crazy with the architecture

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by crkking

crkking,

There will have to be some "big" money from someplace or one or they will never get it built. Then once they do I would not want any investment in it as the way the economy is imploding they will not get the visitors to pay for the payments let alone the interrest. I say it's a boondoggle project. Even if one big entity had the money to complete it without outside resourses it is a foolish endeaver with the falling away in Christianity and the coming economic collapse.

Truthiron.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by CSquared288

Well just to let you know, they are building a supposed life size replica of the Tower of Babel as well.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by crkking

Oh, cool.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
And I agree for the most part. Like I said earlier, this is a small town. At night i can look up and see the stars, while watching deer and the occasional coyote in the moon light. On one side, its nice to think of some sort of stimulus to this other wise stagnate market, but on the other side of that coin, the loss of this little country town is tried by the shiny, easy religion side of it. Going from a Main Street 200 yards long with courthouse and a little mom and pop restaurant to a 200 yard long 3 story high wooden ark, a "life size"(HA) replica of the tower of babel, petting zoo, and I'm sure a few touristy shops saying "I survived 40 days and 40 nights on the ArkEncounter here in Po Dunk KY" is gonna be astounding.

Isn't it great? I mean that in the nicest yet most sarcastic way possible. This company is also the owners of Answers In Genesis The Creation Museum. creationmuseum.org...

I guess the best way to describe this venture without me ever stepping foot there is, a blended mix of accounted history and that close your eyes and grasp at your faith religious beliefs. I guess its this companys way of trying to marry the two hand in hand....sorta sad actually. And apparently this has seemed to go over pretty well to the point of continued profits. This establishment is about 30 minutes north of this new venture. It almost makes me sick that there is a demand for a shove it down your throat approach to religion now a days.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I wonder if they will only offer jobs to those who admit to having religious beliefs and whether they will actively be using Religious Discrimination in their employment of workers?

Would be interesting to see a copy of a job aplication form. Can anyone near there post a copy for us if this may turn out to be true?

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I'm glad for your community. It should be a much-needed economic boost. I believe that this is the same park that tried to set up in middle Tennessee, but too many county residents didn't want it. Their loss.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthiron a foolish endeaver with the falling away in Christianity and the coming economic collapse.
Don't forget those tax rebates

Kagin said challenging the project in court would likely be a losing battle because of the way the tax incentives are structured. "The legislation is so drafted that they will give this incentive to any organization that is going to increase tourism in Kentucky," Kagin said. "And there's no question whatsoever that this group will."

news.yahoo.com...
I'm sorry Kentucky, I'm sure you deserve better than this. You now have the US scratching its collective head.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crkking The Creation Museum. creationmuseum.org...

I'm sure I would pay for the bizarre experience. I bet there are others who enter for the same reason. I imagine some are altered in the parking lot

top topics

join