It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Stonehenge Have Been Built With Balls?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsettica
This method is good for short distance - to transport to the Stonehenge site you would need a boat due to two reasons:

1. The River Avon was 30m higher during the construction period

2. Stonehenge was surrounded by a FOREST so no rolling or dragging could be undertaken

these methods are detailed in a new book 'The Stonehenge Enigma'

Part 1 I agree with. However part 2 not so much. Any forest can be removed to make a wide enough passage to the site.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Or perhaps they used trucks, cranes, wire cables and pulleys.
Seriously, apparently stone hedge has been rebuilt over the decades starting in the 1920's.

How They Rebuilt Stonehenge
I read this a while back and assumed that it had been discussed on ATS before. After doing a search I found this thread, Stonehenge Rebuilt?, but not many replies.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I understand. These stones are not even round like they are showing.

en.wikipedia.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c1412a7ced3a.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Here's a funny little factoid.

There are probably people living today who think tomatoes are magical. They don't know how seeds work. They've never planted a garden plot of their own, and don't know anyone who has. hey just know that htye go to the store, and there are htese orange-red balls of flesh, juice, and seeds that get chopped up and put into salads. Where do these things comefrom? "A farm" is likely the only answer to that question.

So because these poor souls can't conceive of how a tomato might have developed, maybefor them it's magical. Perhaps they even have some complicated setup in their head of how high science have given us this magnificent fruit. or maybe it's some ancient and archaic druid magic that gives us tomatoes.

when in fact all you do is soak the seeds, plant them, and boom, tomato plant.

In the same vein, you lack any personal knowledge of stone-age construction. Likely you lack any useful knowledge of modern construction, too (don't worry, most people do! "Building goes up" is all they need to know, after all) So, lacking this knowledge, and unfortunately saddled with cultural preconceptions that our ancestors were slope-headed fur-wearers who's highest thoughts consisted of hooting loudly at the sight of a female's bare backside, you just can't conceive of how these people could have stacked rocks in a meaningful way.

So you attribute it to magic. or space aliens. Or some sort of modern-level sophistication. This is kind of like supposing that because early man lacked modern rifles, he could not have possibly hunted effectively, and claiming that the clear fact he DID hunt is due to either him secretly having modern guns, or having magic powers. Fct is, a pointy rock can kill a deer just as effectively as a lead pellet.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

I just read an article about the same subject, also for the first time, on this site last night. This reminded me of something I'd read about a long time ago, the discovery of mysterious large stone balls in Costa Rica, whose purpose has never been adequately explained.

I found two sites with images of the Costa Rica balls, here and here.

IMO, this is an interesting new "take" on how those huge stones used to build ancient structures could have been moved, at least in some cases. I'll be interested to see the results of the further experimentation planned by the student who came up with the idea. S&F for this one.

Several "balls" jokes occurred to me while writing this; I'll spare you all, it's just too easy!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Well, it certainly couldn't have been built without them!

Harte

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Well, it certainly couldn't have been built without them!

Harte

What Man can do Woman can do...only faster and better :-) No Balls Needed!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I can't helping thinking of the "Saturday Night Live" bit that John Cleese did....

"Did Dinosaurs build Stonehenge?".....

...and he then launched into a hilarious theory involving help from prehistoric whales, etc.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

www.youtube.com...

whales.....lol

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
i stumbled across this video the other day..

www.wimp.com...

i think this guy has cracked the case. this is a must watch!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

hahaha you seriously made me spill my drink

<< 1   >>

join