It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wall st's"pentagon papers" reveal $12.3 taxpayers trillions doled out to foreign banks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Well our banks in Australia must of made a killing....
If they took money from the Fed at near zero interest then why did our mortgage rates not do down???
About the lowest they hit here was 7%..Now they are rising again..

BTW, while it's true Australia came through the GFC quite well, the average Aussie is unaware of the fact that nearly every "small" lender here either went broke or were taken over by the big 4 banks....

They literally KILLED all competition in one foul swoop...
The Government helped the plan by guaranteeing all "Bank" deposits.
As the smaller lenders are NOT registered as banks, people panicked left small lenders for the Government secured banks...

It's a scam on a mega scale....

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Yeah all of this was revealed a week or so ago on Bloomberg, rather quietly. And don't forget, the US tax-payer will also be funding interest free loans to the Euro fund according to Bernanke. Say a couple of trillion dollars for Spain and Italy should keep the international banksters happy enough to secure their bond and derivative markets.

Better prepare for hyperinflation.
edit on 12-12-2010 by john124 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

However, when GIVING a loan, i am unsure why WE are collateral.

Unless the loans were completely unsecured? Or we aren't working for ourselves? The recipient provides collateral...how were WE used?

Good point. I hope that can be cleared up. I bet Proto has something to say about it.

Well I'd guess the Fed can only loan out as much money as is backed by collateral (you citizens).
So yes, in a sense you are used...
Collateral is relevant to both the borrower and the bank...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
interesting that more and more information
is coming out about all sorts of different topics
does this avalance of truth show things are changing
the fed to be oversean by ron paul
i say this is all the proof you need to nationalize the fed and prosicute
the criminal dollar destroyers in the fed

xploder

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think if everybody digs a little deeper you'll find that the fed used "its" money for these transactions. This is hard to cipher because the fed is so secretive.

I know Harley Davidson got some of this money but it wasnt really money,the fed bought Harley paper or notes from H-D credit corp. The implications are still insidius,now the fed owns interest in these corporations banks or companys,maybe controlling interest. Again its hard to tell as like usual we arent given all the facts.

As a result I'm planning on turning my 09 HD back in to Harley and they can eat it for all I care.I would have never bought the bike had I known they recieved a bailout,it goes against everything I stand for and now I caint stand to even look at it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I heard that the US gov can buy back the federal reserve at a low rate that was fixes in 1913 or so.

Why don't we the taxpayers demand that they do so?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli
I think if everybody digs a little deeper you'll find that the fed used "its" money for these transactions. This is hard to cipher because the fed is so secretive.

I know Harley Davidson got some of this money but it wasnt really money,the fed bought Harley paper or notes from H-D credit corp. The implications are still insidius,now the fed owns interest in these corporations banks or companys,maybe controlling interest. Again its hard to tell as like usual we arent given all the facts.

As a result I'm planning on turning my 09 HD back in to Harley and they can eat it for all I care.I would have never bought the bike had I known they recieved a bailout,it goes against everything I stand for and now I caint stand to even look at it.

it is why when my tahoe ends its commission, i will likely return to Ford (i drove Fords from high school until they started killing people with their SUV's).

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This thread needs more attention, seriously folks,this is the ROOT of all of Americas and by extension the worlds problems. These "fancy financial instruments" as Bush called them are what have sank ENTIRE countries,for crying out loud people, here is the beast at the door exposed. The emperor truly wears no clothes.

Every single thread on this board is non sense compared to the villian exposed here.

Heres another great link on this story with many links embeded in it to follow.

Fed report lifts lid on Great Bank Heist of 2008-2009

ampedstatus.com... omprehend

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
WE, THE PEOPLE, will be held responsible for all those trillions of printed $$!
Bill Cooper tried his hardest to pound it into the people.

And for your reading and intellectual pleasure, Thomas Jefferson once said:

"The central bank is an institution of the most deadly hostility existing against the Principles and form of our Constitution. I am an Enemy to all banks discounting bills or notes for anything but Coin. If the American People allow private banks to control the issuance of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the People of all their Property until their Children will wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered."

and

"Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies."

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gooseone
Although this figure is a total and not spend all in one time ( i presume ) i find it a bit absurd
that 12.3 trillion is more then the total money supply in dollars which was 10.2 trillion in 2006.

After 2006 the Fed decided it was not a relevant enough statistic to publish anymore.

I am also not completely sure if this "M3" money supply stat is the actual sum of dollars in excistence.

Anyway , it's just.........

It is not funny anymore to have a conversation with someone and only hinting that there might be something wrong in the financial system with facts to be found in credible newssources and wiki and such and people still do not care.

I hope Ron Paul and Bernie Sanders are able to put up a decent fight against much of this blatant theft.
How's this then:

The Next Shoe to Drop

By Morgan Housel | More Articles
May 27, 2008 | Comments (1)

Let me give you a few numbers: $9.40 trillion, $13.79 trillion, $45 trillion. What do these hefty figures represent?

* $9.4 trillion is amount of outstanding public debt in the United States.
* $13.79 trillion is the size of the U.S. economy, in terms of 2007 GDP.
* $45 trillion ... drumroll, please ... is the notional amount of credit default swap contracts swimming around financial markets.

Much more at the motley fool pages:

www.fool.cominvesting...

and directly from the article in the O.p."$12.3 TRILLION in taxpayer money - $3.3 trillion in liquidity, $9 trillion in “other financial arrangements.”

edit on 14-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Yes Australias banks did recieve bailouts, both Westpac and the NAB almost went belly up. The NAB recieved 4.5 billion and Wpac over 1 billion.

All the while the mantra over here was our banks are strong, we've weathered the storm and even that Australias banks should be a model for the rest of the world. Well it turns out that they lied (big surprise) and nothing could be further than the truth. In fact they were right in the front of the que when the bailouts started being handed out.
The RBA also knew all along of course.

Here is a link to the lie.
No Bailout of Australian Banks

Here's the truth.
NAB and Wpac secret bailout revealed

No surprises for me, but if you were a shareholder I'd imagine you'd be a little pissed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join