It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Monkeys

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
In one old Vietnamese tale there was a monkey pretending to be human,
why people now don’t recognize the monkeys pretending to be kings and
gods.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Maybe you can explain to me why all the monkeys don't all go up the stairs and get the banana ?
oh yeah,right,the monkeys might be afraid they may be the only one to suffer getting wet.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

To liberate himself, the monkey would have to go up the stairs. However any attempt to go up the stairs would result in a beating from the other monkeys. I know from experience that any time you post an original point of view on youtube, everyone attacks you. You can say something as simple as: "I don't think that the mass media presents any definitive proof to verify the topics being covered.", and someone will end up threatening to kill you and your dog. That is my real life experience of being the new monkey in the room. If you always question, people will hate you, because they have been conditioned specifically to not question.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The truly disturbing part is that it isn't only the government (or other authority structures) that do this to us. We do it to one another on a regular basis, for myriad reasons. Some we aren't even aware of or would think of as subjugation.

We do it because of social status, aesthetics, allegiance to groups, opposition to groups, ideas, choice of words, and even what to have for dinner. Even something as simple as expressing a thought can be "punished" in a sense, as can disagreeing with the same idea.

For beings who claim to desire freedom above all else, we certainly seem adept at subjugating one another in ways small and great. And most of the time, we don't even know we're doing it. That's the most insidious, frightening part of it all.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It seems to me they could have climbed the cage.

In fact don't we even see some of them on the top watching?

I recall something similar to this that was an actual experiment, involving monkeys leaving the cage, the pride, or den or whatever a group of monkeys are called, and not being welcome back after they left the cage or something. I should have better sources or at least a better grasp at what I recollect. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
also works with religion and science no?

great vid

religion was in my mind before they showed the police.

and thank you for the video, it should put some sense to some who don't question things that seem unquestionable.
edit on 13-12-2010 by platipus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by vengeancewithasmile

To liberate himself, the monkey would have to go up the stairs. However any attempt to go up the stairs would result in a beating from the other monkeys. I know from experience that any time you post an original point of view on youtube, everyone attacks you. You can say something as simple as: "I don't think that the mass media presents any definitive proof to verify the topics being covered.", and someone will end up threatening to kill you and your dog. That is my real life experience of being the new monkey in the room. If you always question, people will hate you, because they have been conditioned specifically to not question.

excellent point. Fear not You tube is not the only place this occurs ;-)

and to answer another posters question. They dont all run up because wait for it drum roll...........THIS WAS NOT A REAL EXPERIMENT.

it was an allegorical metaphor to describe an aspect of human nature. I would hate to think that we tortured these poor monkeys just to figure out that humans have a herd mentality and its a hard habit to break. EVEN RIGHT HERE. its a visual aid to better illustrate a point.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by suigeneris
Regarding your story about the ham--I just had to say it...

Then there was the woman's son, who had been eating roasted ham all his life, who slowly came to realize that there was a less harmful way of eating, and became a vegetarian.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jumbles
reply to post by suigeneris
Regarding your story about the ham--I just had to say it...

Then there was the woman's son, who had been eating roasted ham all his life, who slowly came to realize that there was a less harmful way of eating, and became a vegetarian.

The conclusion of that story is that after eating roasted ham for a time and then becoming a vegetarian he one day discovered peanut butter and began eating a well balanced diet that included all that God had provided for him to partake.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
It is easy to relate this allegory solely within the context of us vs authority. The truth is that sometimes we are the monkeys, sometimes we are the authority, we can even take the part of the water, the stairs, the cage, and indeed, the banana.

schrodinger, your words on this thread are heard by ATS but the people you need to take this to are the people that want to give away their liberties for their freedom. The people who sit in front of their televisions more concerned about the fictitious families portrayed in soaps than their own. The very same people who prefer to stick their head in the sand and pretend all is right with the world. Without these people realising that they are the monkey,cage,banana, water.

Change cannot and will not happen.unless people recognise for themselves what change means for them.

edit on 13-12-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2010 by franspeakfree because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Reminds me of religion. No one knows why we have to do what God, Allah, Buddha and the such tell us to do...it's just been done for so long that no one questions it anymore. Of coarse I don't mean to offend any one.
I ask my friends "Why are you a Christian?" and they say "Well...most of my family Are Christians so I go by their steps."
It's OK to go by the steps of your ancestors, but you must understand the logical principles of religion.
WHY ARE BELIEVING IN GOD???

edit on 13-12-2010 by martian_man because: typos

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

I for one am so sick of hearing this guys voice and his crap opinions it's not even funny anymore !

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by harrytuttle

I for one am so sick of hearing this guys voice and his crap opinions it's not even funny anymore !

May I suggest not listening to him?

Why do you listen to him if he gets on your ....!!!

Be safe be well, and erm...calm maman

Spiro

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiro

well I'm just sayin'

how many anti-human/anti-everything videos is this guy narrating ?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Is there somewhere I can find the actual photage of flipping monkeys beating each other up over a banana?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GirlGenius

Maybe what you are, but not me and not a lot of others I know! No wonder we are in such bad shape - we need to empower each other instead of calling "sheep". I get so sick of people shaking heads and complaining about the sheeple masses rather than stepping up to the plate and grabbing that banana!

We dont even necessarily need to empower one another in the sense that many monkeys will on their own seek the banana, even without the support of their peers. All we need to do is stop misinterpreting who the enemy is. The enemy is not the lone monkey reaching for the banana. Its the people spraying the cold water.

And this phenomenon is certainly not, as others have pointed out, limited to government control of people. You see it everywhere people congregate in groups. Including on ATS.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

simply brilliant way to think of it, i suppose

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I am only posting here to breathe new life into this old post. I did not see it when it was posted originally, but I believe that it is worth a new look for those that have seen it before and may prove interesting or educating for those, like myself, that had not seen it before.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join