It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Towards a North American Security Perimeter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Question is, is the security perimeter to protect us or to keep us in? And if it is such a good thing why is it being done in secret and who is doing it without our knowledge or consent? I remember when you did not need a passport to visit Canada or Mexico from the U S. It seems we were much more open and free in north America the 3 of us back then, then we are now with all this security BS.

Thats what I wonder.. keeping people in or out.
It doesnt seem very NAU to me... maybe something different. What?

If we dont get control of our govt here in the US the Canadians would be smart if they distanced themselves. ALso, if we dont get our joke of a govt to actually do something about the illegals.. Canada better build a fence. They seem to like going as far North as possible. RIght now Im shocked that Canada doesnt have more of an illegal gun and drug problem given the cartels constant push North.

On another forum the Canadians were seriously railing on us in the US for our Southern border issues. I dont think some realize that our government is making unilateral decisions in our faces.. and we cant do much to make them make rational decisions concerning our national security, much less doing the right thing to prevent them from being infiltrated in the manner we are. We should.. I and others have been very vocal and active in this endeavor, but no one is listening anymore. The TSA has run amok yet our borders are unsecured? Our ports unsecured? Its more like the Govt is against us in totality and seems to have no care for real national security. Hell, we nor most of our military want to be in these constant BS wars.. but no one in our govt listens anymore. Our govt has changed.. and now its not even hidden.

I can only imagine what this BS in the OP is all about. I am sure its not what they are claiming it is in any case.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Question is, is the security perimeter to protect us or to keep us in? And if it is such a good thing why is it being done in secret and who is doing it without our knowledge or consent? I remember when you did not need a passport to visit Canada or Mexico from the U S. It seems we were much more open and free in north America the 3 of us back then, then we are now with all this security BS.

It is about expanding a security force through all of North America, under American supreme control and interests. Security perimeter does not mean a literal border issue, it means all over the place, especially in airports. It also means a vast expansion of interoperability between US and Canadian agencies.

In other words, the US wants more control over individuals in Canadian society. They want tighter controls on Canadian freedoms for "security" purposes. This is to make it easier to control the Canadian population for future events. The Americans figured out that Canada can repel full out assimilation, but we seem to be much more lax on gradually losing our freedoms, which is all in the name of American "security interests".

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

And you don't think the Canadian government want's this control as much as American government and is 100% in on the whole thing? It is more likely British Royal Family control since they own the American and Canadian government.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by Advantage

It is about expanding a security force through all of North America, under American supreme control and interests. Security perimeter does not mean a literal border issue, it means all over the place, especially in airports. It also means a vast expansion of interoperability between US and Canadian agencies.

In other words, the US wants more control over individuals in Canadian society. They want tighter controls on Canadian freedoms for "security" purposes. This is to make it easier to control the Canadian population for future events. The Americans figured out that Canada can repel full out assimilation, but we seem to be much more lax on gradually losing our freedoms, which is all in the name of American "security interests".

Bah.. how ridiculous.Not you, just the whole idea of it. We're in a downhill slide and we want control of another country? Why is your govt complying with this idea? Let me guess.. you have as many dopes in office as we do?
Are your people informed of all of this? WHat are their feelings on it?

My question I guess is WHY would our govt want to control anyone in Canada? I dont see the benefit..

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

And you don't think the Canadian government want's this control as much as American government and is 100% in on the whole thing? It is more likely British Royal Family control since they own the American and Canadian government.

Indeed, our government is pushing for it, but it is about our individual leaders. PM Mulroney, who implemented the FTA on Canada, was a former business executive and had many ties with American business elite, and knew that the FTA would benefit this class. PM Harper is another neo-conservative, had been president of a pro-American advocacy group during the 90s and advocated for security interoperability. His cabinet is his own, people who support him and his cause, as this is the job of the prime minister. He also has a strong Prime Minister's Office (PMO) backing him up.

Bah.. how ridiculous.Not you, just the whole idea of it. We're in a downhill slide and we want control of another country? Why is your govt complying with this idea? Let me guess.. you have as many dopes in office as we do? Are your people informed of all of this? WHat are their feelings on it?

My question I guess is WHY would our govt want to control anyone in Canada? I dont see the benefit..

Ever since the 50s, the US has made plans to acquire access to Canadian resources by the 80s. In the 80s, the Washington lobby funded PM Mulroney into power, and Mulroney pushed in the FTA. Our resources are vital to maintaining US industry and energy needs, and so the entire Canadian nation is still a valuable land to American interests.

My people aren't informed of this, they are too busy working to pay rent and feed themselves. Their main political focus is on the HST that was recently implemented, and there is huge resentment of it (a referendum for it in BC is planned for 2011, not sure if HST is nation-wide though).

The strategy of misdirecting the Canadian public from political affairs is nothing new. Mulroney did it during his FTA fiasco on the advice of the Washington lobby. Early on as PM, Harper tried to avoid the media even but eventually realized that this was political suicide in Canada, and has since tried to be more public-savvy (if the opposition was not totally incompetent, then he would not still be PM). Harper has had a policy of hiding political, military and security policies from the Canadian public, only giving them some watered-down concept of what he is doing.

The only people who really know what the Canadian government does here tend to have academic training or a lot of political experience, because the Canadian government is nothing more than one big complicated bureaucracy.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Same thing here.. watered down feel good BS and lots of promises of "change" from our govt. Our people too are working to keep food on the table. The idea of the rich American hasnt been true for quite some time regardless of what illusions some wish to believe and pass as fact
I understand the resources issue... but still, I cant imagine the US simply doing this and no one speaking up on either side of our mutual border. I can tell you that there has always been a mention of a NAU and I personally know NO ONE who is for this idea. On our MSM we havent heard a peep of whats in this thread either... but Im not surprised. I can tell you that plenty of us respect your wanting sovereignty and keeping it.. I just think we are both in the same boat that our governments are making unilateral decisions and the citizens can be damned if they dont agree. Lately it seems everything we do is backward.

I really dont know what to do about all of these strange issues that have come about in my lifetime. It seems that we have all lived a lie. Now I can barely recognize this country and govt of ours. We are in a real mess here. Maybe 40 years ago we could have done something more.. but now as it is I really dont believe there is any way to change this government in any usual method. Especially when our citizens vote in a dope. Many here believe that our votes dont even count anymore and whomever TPTB want in office gets "elected" by the people.

Who knows.. but one thing I DO know.. I can not fathom the people in the US ever wanting to absorb Canada. We truthfully cant even handle the absorption of the flow from Mexico. We have more than enough on our plates as it is. We dont actually need your resources.. we can get by fine if we start behaving and using our own resources without the weirdos preventing utilization or development alternate power sources and etc. It all just seems so absurd.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join