It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold Plated AK-47

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Don't know how this came to be but see for yourself....

This AK47 was found in IRAQ recently, it seems to be gold or gold plated....

I'm guessing this gun was more for parades/shows than for practical use,

I doubt (if it's really made of gold) it would be able to fire properly(?)

Any ideas or additional info on this gun?

[edit pix links - original links down]

[edit on 4-7-2004 by quadricle]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I guessing it could work but would get worn down pretty quickly.
It would also be much heavier than a standard AK.

E_T

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Maybe it was Saddam's gun.

Water faucets and etc where gold plated in his palaces so it would be logical to have also gold plated AK.
But I wonder did he have golden bullets for it.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
saddam has been watching to much bond movies and got carried away. shoot people in style.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It seems that I do not have permission to view the pics on this server.
Only a real A__HOLE would have a gold plated gun though. Talk about worshipping golden idols!!

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Some gold-plated AK-47s were found in Saddam�s palace, but I�m guessing that they are/were purely ornamental.

Courtesy navyseals.com (BTW, your links/picture aren�t working, for me anyway)

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The son's of sadam had some AK golden plated. But it's not really a military weapon, it's more a "jewelry" item. [EDIT] Gold is a too "malleable" (tender) metal to be used on a weapon.[/EDIT]

Also, Hoodai, the bigger saddam's son died figting with his massive silver AK...

[edit on 4-7-2004 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Iraqi Bling Bling
How long before the Gangstas start packing these?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
Maybe it was Saddam's gun.

Water faucets and etc where gold plated in his palaces so it would be logical to have also gold plated AK.
But I wonder did he have golden bullets for it.

seriously i think that that gun belonged to one of saddams sons. i think they found it when they kille them.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yeah those probably belong to his sons but didn't they find a gun and gave it to bush and its hanging on a wall in the White House as a war trophy?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Seems Saddam's son Uday apparently died with a silver AK in his hands...or so they say (google..)..

Bush has a gun given to him by the troops that was in Saddam's hands the night of his capture...(unloaded...)

Also guns are "plated" and fully functional....

US finds gold-plated gun cache

US troops discovered a large cache of light arms in a central Baghdad residence, including gold-plated rifles inscribed as gifts from President Saddam Hussein.

Greasy gold-plated Kalashnikov assault-rifles and sniper rifles carried the inscription: "A gift from the president of the republic, Mr Saddam Hussein."

check this out....

The Desert Eagle can be gold plated from the factory for only $910.00 extra

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
A couple of soldiers tried to steal them as war trophies when they were first found. And one even showed up in at Londons Heathrow airport. So someone must have got there hands on one. I would have tried to snag one too those AKs are cool

Gold AK found in LONDON

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
A couple of soldiers tried to steal them as war trophies when they were first found. And one even showed up in at Londons Heathrow airport. So someone must have got there hands on one. I would have tried to snag one too those AKs are cool

Its kind of tacky in its own way. Didn't they find alot of those gold plated guns in that apartment they found that was decorated like a 1970 love shack with velvet paintings and shag carpet?.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
here's some additional pix from the gun pile....

more AK-47

Golden Thompson

Golden J-frame

Golden MP5

source

all we need now are some gold plated bullets!

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That MP-5 must have cost so much money I think engraving like that is all hand done most engraved guns have a small part engraved because it takes alot of man hours to do it. The kuwait guy a shiek or high up guy porbably got the bill from HK and was like forget it. Those baby MP-5s are sweet

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I hear that in South Africa some rebels made bullets from diamonds. If it wern't for the pain and death thing i'd like to get shot by one of those bullets. Probably belonged to someone high up in Sadamms regime.

top topics

join