It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to the MOMENT OF TRUTH!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
After months of what appeared to be diplomacy at its finest, the world arrives at Bush's Moment of Truth!

Welcome to St. Patrick's Day 2003! You will remeber it as the moment of truth 30 yrs from now.

I was a question asked today before leaving my meeting from my best friend Todd,
"Do you think we are going to War?"

I laughed. That's all I could do.
At least there are still rays of hope in some people. Not me.

War is the perfect time to clean house, so to speak. Straighten up ypur life! Confess your sins, makeup with people that you have done wrong, or visa-versa.

Essentially, war is the time to make moves, invoke pivotal changes in your life. Especially if you do not like change, now is the perfect oppurtunity.

Things are cheap, except GAS! But your getting my gist.
Why is war the perfect time for change?
Because War is the CHANGE!
After every War, the change from before the first battle till after is considerably different in it's vibrations.

The world will of course be on edge. Take advantage of it and make descisions wisely during this time.
And don't forget...pray for those acorss the sea whether their on our side or the other. Wouldn't hurt. You won't be damned to hell for doing so.

The most important advice you'll be given: Be careful about the OTHERS!

Like many members here, I have unfortunatly seen more than the coming war. During everyone of them there are people who I and my posse refer to as the OTHERS. These are the people that are SCARED helplessly beyond their control. The perform like acid-junkies that do nothing but cause the world more grief than it deserves at the moment

They play head games. LOTS AND LOTS OF HEAD GAMES.
It's perfectly natural to be scared. Don't let it get to you though.

Be safe. Be smart. Be careful of them. Be scared but in control. Don't worry. (It could be worse!) Make changes.
Be friends with everyone. And most of all...live your life.

See you on the other side!

DRKCRT

arc

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
that sounds like damn good advice to me. Times like this do kind of make you focus on what is important in life, where you stand on deep issues, maybe what you personally could have done to change the outcome, what you can do to ensure the outcome is one we can be proud of.

Fear is natural and healthy, but if it goes beyond a certain point then we all may as well call ourselves Chicken Little and be done with it

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I like Chicken Littles! Too bad Kentucky Fried Chicken stopped selling them. What a shame.

On a more serious note, I think we should evaluate our lives everyday. If it takes a war for you to improve your life, I believe you are probably contributing what is wrong. We may have a nation of people, but I certainly don't believe we have a nation of adults, let alone a world of them. I do support a war, but certainly not a genocide fest. Until the day comes that we can get past such primative measures, I think we should do what works for the best of the world.

[Edited on 18-3-2003 by Protector]

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I suppose I have a little experience here. I work as a volunteer EMT in Manhattan, and yeah I was there on Sept. 11th so I've seen panic close up and what it can do to people. The bottom line, like drakke says, is: Live your life. People get so caught up on stupidity, as though they're waiting for someone to set a bomb off in midtown or something. Do your thing. Go about your business. What the hell are you going to do anyways? You plan on singlehandedly putting the world at ease? It's not gonna happen. People need to understand that while you may not be a big fan of them, there are trained professionals dealing with these things. The average citizen should not be worried about a terrorist attack because it has nothing to do with you. You won't know beforehand, you won't have time to prepare for it, you won't have time to slide on that nifty gas mask you wasted 200 bucks on. Live your life like you always do, if something does happen, get the hell out of there obviously and let those of us with emergency and WMD incident training deal with it, but don't think about it all day. It's come to the point where this garbage has taken over people's lives (duct tape ring a bell?).

I know my comments certainly won't make anyone completely relax, but take these things into account, and enjoy life. Those opportunities are gone before you know it, don't let stupidity like this ruin the time you have.

new topics

top topics

join