It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of it....( tax extension)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The name calling.. the unbacked assumptions:.and
"Faux news; foxnewz!; foxnewz!;foxnewz!; hungry kids dieing in the streets!)
Some folks here actually can put numbers to this extension of current taxes issue.I can't. I don't know enough about the rates for people making more money than I will ever see in my life.

In the wake of hard data; I've only put forth various principles( i.e.the money belongs to the people who "earn it/acquire it.etc). I've been trying to argue the "right(s) position."

Here's the deal in this thread :
Any body opposed to the extension: You got it. you set the tax rates and tell us what the fedgov should do with that revenue???You'll get no more argument from me here.You've got the floor go:....
edit on 11-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

The problem is "Uncertainty". What are the freeking tax rates going to be and how are the tax laws going to change.

Nobody is going to budge on hiring and are holding off on products until there is stability. And 2 years isn't stability.

Until we have a long term tax plan implemented, Nobody wants to do crap here in the U.S.

Of course nobody wants their taxes to go up... WHY would they when it is futile. The Government won't stop spending money. Why implement higher taxes of 780 Billion a year when the crazy spenders will simply spend that and more?

We talk about this at work all the time. Doesn't matter if your on the left or the right, we would all pretty much pay a bit more taxes voluntarily IF the damned spenders would reign in this insane spending. Until then, screw them, keep every Dollar you have and buy useful items NOW while the dollars are still worth something.
edit on 11-12-2010 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I think you are leaning more toward "my" end of the spectrum ( I agree; but I'd like to hear from "people who don't think like us("them" if they'll take the time).

peace to all repubs; dems ;libertarians anarcho micro communists; even people with a strange"hate on " for early20th century physicists("crazy 'ol Uncle" Albert Einstein) (
still haven' figured that one out)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

i think this is what obama is betting on, instability. i think he's come to terms with the possibility that things might not get better by nov 2012, so he's saying 'ok lets do it your way, but the date to redebate is in 2012.'

that way if it works, he's the new clinton and if it doesn't he says "DO YOU SEE WHAT ELECTING REPUBLICANS DOES, 800 BILL TO THE DEFICIT, RICH FAT CATS AND NO RESULTS! LETS DO IT MY WAY THIS TIME."

doesn't matter though, because the dude is gonna lose.

and as for OPs question. lets abolish the income tax and move to a flat consumption tax with exemptions and refunds for the lower/middle class.
edit on 11-12-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join