It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conspiracy to Deny the Spirit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by kallisti36

*Because of an increasingly scientific and logical society.

Religious bull# is far too much. That's why I'm Christian. You through out all that ritual bull# and reduce it to a simply prayer. God doesn't need to hear a mountains cry to answer you. Though its nice and all, he can hear a mere request in silence.
True, but ritual can be a nice affirmation of faith.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Djin

We are supposed to think of God as a mystical bearded sky genie (belief held by many believers and non-believers)

Because that is exactly how the bibles (the source of this superstition ) describe him, so what's the problem ?

Book, chapter, and verse, please.

edit on 12-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IThinkImWilliamCooper

The soul exists. You reincarnate back into the physical world when you die after an undetermined amount of time (I've read there is no "time" in the spiritual realm, and you can actually reincarnate at ANY point in history).

You enter a physical body in order to learn and grow spiritually. All of the hardships in your life test your strength spiritually. I've seen this referred to as spiritual boot camp. It also serves as a test of your ideals to see if you hold the same ideals you claim to uphold when you come back down to earth and forget everything.

Yes, the Soul exists, if it did not, we would be funny looking robots controlled by machines and computers. Like the Greys.
Reincarnation is real too, as real as your nose is real. I have incarnated here many times, and can remember some events and places, and yes, even people, some of these I meet in different places and stations. Right now I am in email contact with several people who have known me in a past life, and one in real time, "she" was a "he" the last time were together. My wife was with me in a past life, it was her that woke me up to it. Yes, you are supposed to forget everything, this is school, after all. We are destined to build our DNA back to it's original form of twelve strands. what I did was to jump start the process, I let my curiosity get the best of me. I am not sorry I did this.

All God asks from us is to love. Spread love and be the best you can be as an individual. You don't get condemned to a fiery pit for making a mistake. The second you make a mistake or hurt someone else, you are forgiven. God only asks that you make efforts not to repeat that mistake.

Right on. Just love, never sacrifice, or worship, that word means to "work for." It isn't "God's will" that something happens, it is human will, and it is the built in age clock that gets us all in the end. There is no punishment like religious folks would have you believe. We are supposed to LEARN from our mistakes, but as a people, we do not do this at all. Of course, there are forces that hide our true history, and write the history book in their own favor.

The universe is teeming with life. This doesnt conflict with the idea of God as he/she/it is responsible for all life in the universe existing.

Religion has some of the key concepts of God's teachings right, But not 100%

Yes it is! There are many words, and many people and all are the children of the God and the Goddess, and not the personal ones people have invented either.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36
JWs and Mormons who have immensely erroneous teachings

Oh the irony, do you not see the hypocrisy in this statement?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

Sure it can. You can do whatever you want to do to worship God. Just saying what I think. I'm a modernist. Decor is boring. It's desperation to me. Function and form interwoven in worship seems better to me. Embodiment is far more intelligent than representation.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
To sum up OPs post: "Anyone who believes anything but what I believe is an ignorant fool"

Yeah thanks for that buddy, wish we could all be as open minded as you.
No really you're the first christian ever to think every other belief except his particular niche of christianity is wrong. No-one has ever made this ridiculously flawed statement before, bravo sir.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Definitely autowrench.

I'd love to get more in tune with my spirit, But I must admit, I'm somewhat afraid of opening myself up to negative spirits in the process.

At the same time, I know that I can't be harmed because of my strong faith. I'm also sure I have spiritual guardians/angels with me more often than not.

I've read that Reptilians & greys have fell out of touch spiritually. They're soulless and that's why theyve been abducting humans and cross breeding, because of our ability to house a soul. Theyre essentially trying to cheat their way into the heavenly realms. Allegedly thats where the legendary tales of a fall from grace that can be found in other cultures/religions comes from.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I pity those of you who confuse spirituality and religion.

2nd line.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
There are human being that have lost their soul also, don't forget that, ever. The powers that control America are beyond human understanding, and the faces you see are puppets that dance as their master tell them too. The bankers get richer, the poor get more poor.

U.S.A. The Republic Is The House That No One Lives In

America’s Two Constitutions (One for the Rich, One for the Poor)

Two Americas: One Rich, One Poor? Understanding Income Inequality in the United States

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Why is it alright for you to accept something as truth because you feel it in your heart but its not ok for someone to believe what they believe because they feel it in their heart? its all the same no matter what you wanna call it all of it. and islam was as established by violence as much as christianity was.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
to those who think spirituality is a giant waste of time and clutch their reason and rationalism... i will say, you have an entire half of your mind that is rather absurd and superstitious... and if you don't believe me take a look at your own dreams....

we did not become rational man overnight...rather it is only the last few hundred years that we have embraced rationalism and turned our backs on the unconscious mind..... those crazy, shamanic brain circuits are still with us, and i imagine we evolved them for a reason.... you can disregard them at your own peril, but it is possible to accelerate the trajectory of your life by embracing them....

"spirituality" and understanding / programming the unconscious mind is key to behaving less like a robot... you can take the time to dictate your own path or leave it to chance who programs your mind for you.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Funny. I always thought that the napster logo
was a cat. Who knew?

Satan. He's everywhere a Christian thinks he should be.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

That's funny, as a budding Christian mystic of sorts, I can hardly summon my attention to even LOOK for Satan anymore, and where he or it does appear, he/it quickly dissolves in an absurdity, which makes no rational sense whatsoever! We Christians must possess a newfound confidence, not of ourselves, but which comes from above, relative to which there is no Satan, just something dumb and silly, even very nasty and hurtful, but it's still absurd. We crush him with every step, leaving all that nonsense behind for something infinitely better by many orders of magnitude, even to the nth degree!

Ha!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36
We are supposed to think of God as a mystical bearded sky genie

OMG! that's so me!

All humans are but tubes and meat.

you mean soul and body.

the experience of the billions of people who have felt God touch their lives, if only for a moment.

I'm not sure if you're refering to an abstract deity,
or perhaps some star-being or spirit-being contact.

"But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now." Gal 4:29

of course, see first we had basic geometry,
where we float around as spheres,
that's the world of spirit.

you might remember love as two spheres bouncing into each other and intersecting, feeling each others warmth, and high bandwidth communication.

later we created more complex environments for interaction,
such as astronomy, planets, creatures, language.

Or perhaps you have noticed the yearning of the soul, for something. That one thing that you just can't put your finger on. "Go" they will tell you, "Go and 'soul search'. We've all done it.
You will search aimlessly and find yourself more lost than before.

lol, the goal or aim of soul searching,
is reintegrating with you soul and associated memories.
such as from past lives, and plans about the present and future lives.

that there is no real path you can stumble upon.

actually you just did.
stumbleupon is a wonderful web application,
where you can set your interests, and learn a diversity about them.
www.stumbleupon.com...

it's for learning about the earth,
and what is happening in the public domain.

for your personal path, start writing,
and recover triggered soul memories.
write so that you have a record of the memories,
it will drastically improve their reliability.

Most agnostics, like I was, have a feeling that there is a greater power, a universal energy, but they have no idea how to contact it.

Prime-creator or zero-mother, the mother before any mother.
before there was anything there was only nothing.
The aim of many hindu and buddhist meditations,
not this, not that, becoming nothing.

It is a dark void of space,
of pleasant warmth,
balance.
The hug of zero mother.

great power, eternal energy.

They say that no one has truth;

no-one or none is calm,
offering safety and warmth.
the zeroth chakra

truth be now experience,
derived from awareness
the first chakra.

"that my redeemer lives".

create more than you consume.
to keep your karma balance in surplus.

also it's suggested to consume less than you create.

so a vegan diet allows one to consume less,
since the plants and mushrooms are lower spirit density,
thereby not as much needs to be created to balance the karma.

My final admonition is for the spiritual. Among these are the New Agers, the Wiccans, the Buddhists, those who study the Eastern Philosophies. Many, once aware of their souls, seek to exalt them in their pride. This is the occult.

Well as you quite possibly are aware,
those that rule the world are in the occult.

The longest lived corporations are cults,
through fervently held ideology, indoctrination, selectiveness and elitism,
such as IBM, Ford, Phillip Morris, Disney.
as described in "Built to Last, successful habits of visionary companies"

"For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required".

agreed, see above discussion about karmic balance.

Eventually, if you remain vigilant, you shall come into knowledge of the Godhead.

Vigilant enough to notice me?
aww, I feel god headed.

All shall be judged save those who have recieved the mercy of Yeshuah the Christ.

that's quite a blend of faiths there.
lol
so is that Thiaoobans (Jehovah) or Pleiadeans (Jmmanuel)?

there are many other star-being cultures to re-legion with if you like,
could also join an earth based community with fellow homo-sapiens.
work towards we with your technological and biological reproduction.
just as biological cells reproduce their organelles and split to make more organelle communities.
edit on 12/12/10 by lowki because: quotes

edit on 12/12/10 by lowki because: format

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Originally posted by The Djin

We are supposed to think of God as a mystical bearded sky genie (belief held by many believers and non-believers)

Because that is exactly how the bibles (the source of this superstition ) describe him, so what's the problem ?

Book, chapter, and verse, please.

edit on 12-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

Thank you for getting to this. This is what I'm talking about; theological ignorance.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruedank
Why is it alright for you to accept something as truth because you feel it in your heart but its not ok for someone to believe what they believe because they feel it in their heart? its all the same no matter what you wanna call it all of it. and islam was as established by violence as much as christianity was.
Religious institutions cause violence. Nobody who reads the teachings of Yeshuah would ever think violence was ok. Yeshuah never raised a hand at anyone. Muhammed spent most of his life killing people. That is a fact. I'm not saying I have all the answers. I might be dead wrong and Islam might be the only true religion. I am a Christian because I like that message best.

Again, I am a Christian. It is the duty of all Christians to proselytize. Sorry if I offended anyone, but if I were to be pluralistic in my stance I would be compromising my own beliefs. I also said that it is better to be aware of your soul and have some faith, any faith, in a higher power than none at all. I don't agree with Muslims but I will stand shoulder to shoulder with them against those who would seek to wipe our faiths from existence.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
Religious bull# is far too much. That's why I'm Christian. You through out all that ritual bull# and reduce it to a simply prayer. God doesn't need to hear a mountains cry to answer you. Though its nice and all, he can hear a mere request in silence.

"I will receive what I send"... at least this is what I was taught in my spiritual training. If you want to whisper to God, then he will only whisper back (or it will just be the voice in your head that you think is God, because religious folks don't tend to understand what intuition is, or they wouldn't be religious in the first place).

Climbing a mountain happens to be an extremely powerful spiritual endeavor, and contrary to what you might believe, it has nothing to do with your ancient monotheist belief, or the belief of Gods what so ever. Rituals have nothing to do with Gods unless you think they do, then you're really just missing the point and committing sacrifice for false idols.

Over my years, I've discovered that Yehweh/Allah/whatever is just the sun personified. People who read the Bible as a literal text obviously need to expand their conscience because the bible was never meant as such, but religious leadership like the Vatican would like its followers to believe so, to make it easier to control them and to profit off of them. Remember, there is no heaven without a hell, or at least that's what the preacher tells you.

Personally, I think people who follow the bible as literal documentation are the fools that it actually describes, such as the ignorant masses who all die off in the great flood while Noah survived, simply because he knew what was really going on while everyone else chose to be ignorant about it and listened instead of learned.

And Jesus? He was just a man who believed in himself and his own experience, in a world of Cesar where people followed religion like sheep to the slaughter. Jesus spoke blasphemy and was executed for it, but the reality is that blasphemy is the truth, which is why the religious powers that be will kill for it.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valdestine
To sum up OPs post: "Anyone who believes anything but what I believe is an ignorant fool"

Yeah thanks for that buddy, wish we could all be as open minded as you.
No really you're the first christian ever to think every other belief except his particular niche of christianity is wrong. No-one has ever made this ridiculously flawed statement before, bravo sir.

To sum up your post "I don't think Christians should be allowed to proselytize, they should accept other gods, and scripture that contradicts their own. Sure they would be breaking the essential tenets of their faith, but it would be so PC and nice". I don't believe people of other religions are ignorant fools. I believe all spirituality comes from a single source. I just happen to believe that Yeshuah is the only direct way to this source. Many people believe they have the truth, you obviously believe you are in the right when you say: "No one has ever made this ridiculously flawed statement before". Obviously, you believe I am an ignorant fool.

Jeeze, too bad you can't edit the post after four hours. I think I should have made it more clear that any kind of spirituality is better than none at all (by the way check out Christianity, Yeshuah was a pretty cool dude).
edit on 12-12-2010 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Well then I must be your antithesis. Sorry to say you wasted your life, but I think you have. I don't feel worry not pressure on getting things done. I say Thanks for the day Jesus, and do it happily. To quote Gandalf, I "am never late nor early", I "arrive precisely when I mean to".

Jesus has not let me down yet and I have no doubt he ever will. In my short life I have seen many miracles and many testaments to faith. The more I live, the more I realize. People love to find gods and goddesses, god, or in your case, whatever, in whatever they want. I don't even bother. Climbing a mountain for me is watching a machine do what it evolved to do. There is no spirit in climbing a mountain. Just calories being burned to get to a high point. Ever wonder why the crow always tries to claim the highest point of a building or a branch? Same reason you do. The machine mind feels what the machine has tuned itself for. Seeing more implies better security and a feeling of safety.

Sorry, this world's gotten boring. And I've seen my proof for God being true and it being the father of Jesus. That knowledge gives me happiness, so much so that I don't feel dread about knowing the fact that you and I are but machines doing what machines do.

So yea, hope you did not waste your life to "feel" something by climbing a mountain. Nothing of this world is sufficient for "sacrifice" for God. That is why something not of this world had to be sacrificed so you don't die. That is what I believe. Likewise, nothing of this world impresses me. Climbing a mountain, as I said, is nothing more than watching a machine work. Maybe you like watching gears. I don't.

All this silliness with religion is just plain boring. From how I've lived, God just wants a thanks for giving you stuff. And faith for knowing where it came from, and knowing that you're not going to die because he gave a part of yourself to make you anew.

Seems pretty simple to me.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
For crying out loud, I get so tired of the word 'conspiracy' being used as an excuse for bible thumping. Please, at least keep this in the RELIGIOUS conspiracy forum. Why oh why the fantatic come to a UFO site to talk about their own personal relationship with jesus and try and save us all, I will never understand.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join