It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Reincarnation is real...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Do you think you have ever "crossed paths" with your past life? As in, met someone who was related or visited a hometown, or even know about the person.

This is for the people who don't know about their past lives, if reincarnation is true.

I think I have, it's a "very small" world we live in and I probably have at least seen someone who was related to a past life.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

I am not sure but interesting question you pose

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Interesting question and in my mind I would be its pretty unlikely but still plausible. I would think you would have a tendency to be drawn to places you have lived before.

Check out the book many lives many masters. Great stuff.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I haven't but my wife feels she's reincarnated. The story goes,,, and this is backed up by her parents. When she was 3 years old she drew something on a small chalkboard (I don't recall what it was). When her parents saw it they asked what she drew and she replied "Atlantis." They asked her "where did you hear about Atlantis?" She replied she lived their. They were both surprised, but brushed it under the table thinking she probably heard about Atlantis on TV. She remembers the incident and swears she didn't know about the famed continent of Atlantis.

She is very intuitive, and is very connected to peoples emotions. She feels for people and goes out of her way to helping people. So called "psychics" have told here she has a gift. She knows she has it, but is afraid to use it.

We have a psychic friend that helps the local police on difficult and cold cases. He has suggested that she was a person with elite status during the time of Atlantis. He told me I was once a gladiator and was killed by a lion at Rome's Colosseum.
That subject comes up a lot and we have a good laugh about it. I'm not an emotional type of guy, so they use it to justify why I act the way I do.

She's had readings that she's told me about and a lot of them have come true. So for myself I kind reincarnation is a possibility. I wish I had the answer to all these mysteries.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

I came into this world with a recollection of several past lives, and the ones unrecalled manifested in this life as I acted them out, it seems.

Anyway, one of the most startling incidents of this is as a teenager living in northern Idaho, at the Canadian border. Met a man, feel in love at first sight. End of summer, he goes back to school at Annapolis, and I went back to San Francisco. Several years later we literally ran into each other, going in opposite directions on a busy sidewalk downtown San Francisco. What a shock that was! We tried reviving what we had had, but it didn't work out.

This has happened several times to me, and it might possibly happen in the future!

Good thread. S%F.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nittin

Thanks

reply to post by whoshotJR

Sort of like how people say when you're in dreams, you think you know the place, but when you wake up, you never knew about that place. Some people say it's from a past life or something.

reply to post by WeRpeons

Atlantis huh? That seems interesting, does she know anything else about Atlantis?

reply to post by bertapearl

Thanks, but what does the story about you and the man have to do with past lives? Did it happen in other past lives? Sorry, I'm missing something here.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I dont know about crossing paths with someone from a past life, although I believe it i've never "felt" as if i've known them before yet. Although I believe in reincarnation, especially after I had a prominent dream about 2 or more months ago about my spirit entering a man who was in uniform, studying, and clearly back in the day. I remember the three stripes on his uniform over his forearm (since I was him in the dream I was looking down at the book), the annoying book pages that wouldn't stay down, the oddly designed desks, the chalkboards which surrounded the room on all four sides. I also remembered trying to create a way to remember the dream while I was in it, so I looked around the room and saw that each board had two rectangles drawn, with one recteangle horizonal over the top of the other two, along with a triangle inside the horizontal one. I told myself the twin towers, because the two vertical rectangles reminded me of that, and then the horizontal one for some reason Puerto Rico came to my mind, although at the time I was not aware what the flag actually looked like, the horizontal rectangle ended up matching that flag. Besides remembering the dream in full detail, I remember the morning I woke up, clearly conscious, I told myself "Man, I just had a really important dream" then I tried remembering it but was not successful. Then I held up my fingers up in such a way that it looks like your shooting the middle finger at someone. Turns out a day or two later I finally pick up a book i've had since I was about 11 called "LIFE: The power and glory", I was drinking and decided to look at all the pictures of the history of war. Anyways, I finally got to the page with a picture i've seen many times before of 8 West Point Cadets, Class of 1936 studying a book about a French artillery gun. Turns out when I finally focused in on the man, I instantly said "holy #, that guy looks like me", didn't think too much of it, but then I showed my mom and told her to just look at the picture and the first thing she said was "thats you" while pointing to the man, in a funny way, but my sister, mother, and girlfriend all agree it looks alot like me. After that, and about a day later the dream just finally came back in full detail, once I noticed the finger placement. The pages on the book he is putting his right hand on are upwards, in a sense that they are bouncing back and not staying down very well. His fingers are in the exact position I woke up remembering and doing myself with my right hand. There are three stripes on his right hand sleeve, he is at the very bottom of the page "the spot I remember in my dream being with the book", and the chalk boards and desk's all are perfect, the exact way I remember in the dream. I love ww2, i've loved it more than any war since I was 7 when I got Medal of Honor in 1999. Since then i've been a fanatic, and really have felt an emotional attachment to it. The person I was named after, my father told me before, was his great uncle who served in ww2, graduated and taught at West Point and served as a "bodyguard" for Dwight D Eisenhower. I remember at the time I liked Ike because of his link with ww2. So I know the dream was very important, considering I asked the higher forces to send me an amazing, mesmerizing dream. Now I sit and wonder, was this me in a past life? Or could this be the man I was named after. I think its one of the two. Sorry this is so long, just had to get the details out to cover it properly.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I wonder if there is a relation between deja vu and reincarnation?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Not that I ever recall her ever talking about. Sometimes I don't listen to some things she says because it's just so out there. Part of me believes and than part of me just tries to connect it to wild imaginations.

I will relay another weird story that has happened to her in the past couple of days... I mentioned she is very emotional and does a lot of things for people. Well, there is a mentally challenged guy that walks his dog in our neighborhood. Every time we would pass him in the car she would feel sorry for him. One day she saw him walking the dog in the pouring rain. So a few days ago I noticed a new red umbrella sitting under our christmas tree. I find out she went out and bought this poor guy an umbrella. When I saw him walking by in front of our house I told her and she ran out without a coat and gave him the umbrella she bought him. He was so happy and kept wishing her a Merry Christmas which really made her feel good. She said she never felt so good inside.

Now I don't know if this story is connected, but the next morning she woke up with a scratch down the length of her arm. I asked her if she brushed up against anything the day before and she said no. (This was not a glancing scratch). She than started to tell me that during the night she had a feeling of someone next to her bed who was extremely jelous. When she said that I immediately thought of her good deed the day before.

Just things that make you think hmmmm.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
Do you think you have ever "crossed paths" with your past life? As in, met someone who was related or visited a hometown, or even know about the person.

This is for the people who don't know about their past lives, if reincarnation is true.

I think I have, it's a "very small" world we live in and I probably have at least seen someone who was related to a past life.

Hi,

I understand that most people today expect for people to lie about most things, but I wish to say my answers are only from my own experiences in this life and are shared as honestly as possible.....

Q1.. Yes. My daughter this life is one from a Pict life about 4 to 600 AD. Back then her name was Marva.. and I failed in my task of protecting her and her mother.. who incidentally was my wife in this life.. the mother of my present child. All four major participants inthe Pict scenario came together again to do it differently.... this time I did protect my daughter and feel as if I have now done my part and no longer need to come together for another time to sort this out.

I've met a couple more people from other times.. my most recent girlfriend and I shared hostory in the U.S. in the mid to late 1800's during and just after the last great summer camp. She has always believed I murdered her in that life.... all I did was push her ahead of me over a cliff so that neither of us were caught by the white men on horseback.. so in killing us both I saved us both from a horrible torture and death. She still hates me for it today despite knowing her perception was incorrect.

Most people tend to think that if Past-Lives are possible then we don't need to know anything about them, in order to focus more clearly on Today's life. But, it is in the past that we can remember what paths brought us to Here and Now, and in so doing allow us to heal issues from the past that we brought forward into this life.

/rant

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
How do we find out about our past lives?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think reincarnation has some truth to it I'm a septic but there are defiantly certain people I've met who I feel I've known my whole life. There are also places I'm more drawn to like Ireland and Scotland, where my ancestors are from. I'm especially drawn to Stonehenge. Though I've never been to any of these places I feel as though it is my home.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
How do we find out about our past lives?

It's best to re-experience them for yourself rather than have someone tell you about them... only ever trust yourself in that respect.

For me the easiest way was in using what's known as The Christos Method.. non-religious.. and which has proved itself nicely over the years as I use it with others. Once you have had the initial experience you will find it much easier to re-visit at your leisure.

There would be too much for me to type up here in order to describe the method for you, so it may be best to do a internet search on it instead. One thing with it though is you need someone who knows what they are doing and will not provide suggestion while you are inside the method.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

Read Dr. Brian Weiss, he is a Yale graduate, headed a Miami Psychiatric dept of a hospital, and has done research in the field of reincarnation for almost 30 years. I went to his professional training for past life hypnotherapy, and I don't think there is anyone out there with his credentials or experience in the medical field who could really compare. He has a CD with a past life hypnosis/meditation that will walk you through the experience step by step. Its not an indepth session, but a brief glimpse, like an overview, into your superconscious memories of who you were. I would recommend that more than asking a psychic for their imput, because it's coming out of YOUR memories. Or find a local hypnotherapist who is experienced in this field. Hope this helps.

top topics

join