It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Space Shuttle Launch In Amazing HD Slow Motion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

"This video is an amazingly detailed close-up of three Space Shuttle launches tracked by multiple cameras shooting at 60,000 frames-per-second. What we view in a couple of minutes is stretched to 45 minutes of glorious high definition slow motion."

jalopnik.com...

Although a tad long at 45mins, it's well worth it if you have the time.Beautiful footage and interesting and insightful commentary.I thought it was great!

edit on 11-12-2010 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2010 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
45 minutes of glorious high definition slow motion."
Thanks, any idea how to get the HD version?

I'm downloading the youtube version from the embedded link now, and it gives 3 resolution options, the highest of which is 480p, which isn't HD (HD is 720 or 1080).

The first link also doesn't seem to be HD but I don't see the resolution options when I use that, but it's still an embedded youtube video. Youtube seems less friendly to HD now, maybe it uses too much bandwidth?

I just read the youtube comments and one of them acknowledges it's not HD and that someone is working on making an HD version available, though they aren't specific. Maybe there will be a torrent in another week or two, it would be nice to see it in HD!
edit on 11-12-2010 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Yes, I guess the description is a tad misleading (although not intentionally)- I would love to have a hi-res DVD of it!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing that. Vids like that make great publicity for NASA, and greater publicity means more money for space exploration projects.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Check out the video at 4:20, where the "flow effects" at the bottom of the engines is seen in slow-motion, that's my favorite part! But it's all good!

new topics

top topics

join