It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Deafening Sound of Silence.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Ah, I like that term, "beyond silence." That is exactly what I heard last night.

phew.... I love these kinds of things. Makes life that much more interesting.

Thank you for your contribution. Great story.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

I wish I could experience total silence,
but I always seem to have a high pitch tone in my ears, sometimes it's a 'sissing' sound... sounds that aren't real but are there.
I've often wondered what total silence sounds like, especially when I can't sleep and am awake in my bed... nothing there but the sissing coming from the inside of my ears.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I know the silence you speak of.

The best place I have ever experienced this silence was at White Sands, NM. It was a full moon out, me and a group of friends walked around, and pretended we were on the moon. There is no place like it on earth. The silence almost seems to stop time. I never wanted to leave.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Sound is everything,it is the last sense to be nullified during anesthesia during surgery.

Anyway.....

I have come to KNOW,that if you cannot move silently,you cannot come upon me by surprise.

It does explain the "Sensory Enhancing Technologies", that are so popular today.

The real issue is though,is that I don't need batteries.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I noticed that recently more and more threads about "sound" appear on this forum...just wanted to express that I really enjoy this development!

Whoever is interested in sound and how much of a role it plays throughout the universe should check out the book "Nada Brama" (I might have spelled that wrong) written by a German author "Behrend"...it's also available as an audiobook which I highly recommend as well for the audio examples.

Keep listening.

Have a nice day y'all....

Drone(online)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

edit on 11-1-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Good post guys ,, directed here after making another post like this one..
it is like being completely alone in the universe,
just glad im not the only one that hears it,,, or does not hear it..

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Happened to me few times when it get silence and i start hear something like small dynamo that distorted and getting louder and louder till it s really really loud. Was asking to some people that know this things and said it is ok, just and opening in the ears.

Weird thing is when you are on the mountain, you supposed to hear something in the nature. But it s usually like that , cant hear things only that sounds. Just do some noise when that sound too loud and will start dissapear.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This reminds me of a science exhibit I once visited in Toronto when I was a kid. Not sure what the exhibit was called but it was basically a long tunnel made of some sort of steel and the point was is that it was absolute silence. It was almost oppressive and I felt a weird pressure on my eardrums, it didn't hurt but I remember being very disturbed by it and felt great relief exiting the other end.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I did just that this morning.

I dream of a house on a mountain top, so once in a while i drive around it before sunrise
i stop the car, looking at the night sky, away from city light pollution.
It always amaze me coz i seems to turn toughts into sounds.
It brings peace...reaching deep within you where you dont always have access.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join