It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the universe be created from sound?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Om

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
From my vague understanding of things, the universe at it's smallest measurable state is akin to soundwaves. Having said that, it's a theoretical plausability that all things in the universe are built on soundwaves. However, it's not as clear cut as to what produced these sound vibrations initally within the universe. And in finding that, we will be one step closer to the creator.
edit on 12-12-2010 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Very interesting thread OP. I don't have time to partcipate in full right now...but please take a look at the effect sound on what I think is salt....the patterns created are astounding.

Sound Wave Amazing Patterns

There used to be another vid that showed the same experiment with iron filings and they formed into globes that moved. Amazing

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

what I find amazing about cymatics is if you look at it with a particle physicists perspective one can see almost that there is an explanation for what force set the galaxies into motion in the first place, without requiring a black-hole to be at the center... about halfway through the first part of the video I posted you see the experiment I am talking about... they look just like galaxies.
edit on 12/13/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

The video you posted was utterly astounding. It had a very profound and emotional effect on me. Amazing. I know nothing about this subject but saw the video in the link I posted some years ago and was amazed by even that. That emotional reaction in the video you posted tells me its got a real archetypal truth in it.

In the film you posted, at around 7.30mins a shape forms that could be a caterpillar or remarkably similar to a spinal colum. There's even a dragon fly for goodness sake!!!

'In the beginning was the word' indeed. I always toyed with the idea that before you form a word there must be the thought behind it. Our thoughts are purportedly electro-chemical signals...I think of an electro-chemical universe. It just a bit of mind play on my part....then of course it became obvious that not everyone does think before they speak : )

Then I learned a little about quarks...and that the only thing that gives them mass is their movement/vibration. Since every atom's nucleus is composed of quarks I used to laugh at the phrase 'feeling the vibes man' and thought that subconsciously we actually know how we, and the universe, came about - we just don't care to admit it.

Amazing - I'm astonished by the film. I don't think this stuff negates the wonder of creation - I think it makes it even more incredible.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
well we have to get the saying "it's a finely tuned universe" from somewhere...

I've always been intrigued by cymatics and etymology myself.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Perfect video to show especially 4:57-5:30 because it looks like galaxies in the universe. I love how it shows how something so simple can make such complex designs.

Another thing I gotta say is nice avatar you got there, Mastodon is a pretty awsome band

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Very interesting thread OP. I don't have time to partcipate in full right now...but please take a look at the effect sound on what I think is salt....the patterns created are astounding.

LOL yes salt will go with that...sniff sniff

but those patterns are astounding no matter what kind of powder they use

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

The clue is in the question lol....uni - verse. a finely tuned 'single song.' I wonder if the multi verse eqates to a concerto? lol

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RayTheWizardLiotta

Yep astounding indeed. I think my analogy posted above was a poor one. Not a concerto...the multi verse is.just an album lol....maybe by the same artist...maybe not. We already know that different life forms and objects have their own frequency and the astounding video posted by cosmic artifact demonstrates how that frequency can be, and probably is, responsible for the form that matter takes.

I'm only half kidding and full of ernest when I talked about 'feeling the vibes', 'bad vibes' etc. Someone said to me years ago that science is making its way up a mountain of knowledge....but when it finally makes it to the top it will find a whole bunch of monks dancing up there wondering why it took science so long to get there. I've heard pysicists say that the more they learn the more they believe in God and/or magic. All that stuff about a particle existing in two places at the same time. (They also say that anyone who claims to understand quantum physics patently does not).

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RayTheWizardLiotta

Perfect video to show especially 4:57-5:30 because it looks like galaxies in the universe. I love how it shows how something so simple can make such complex designs.

Another thing I gotta say is nice avatar you got there, Mastodon is a pretty awsome band

Cymatics is very much like scrying but there is a technical aspect to it that makes it viable, one of the weirdest things to me is that it is easier to make out images that the mind can understand than say trying to figure out quantum physics (alot of science requires huge amounts of faith though most don't even see it) it would always seem that the simplest answer is the correct answer. I could show you how to create a Universe easier than I could explain how it was made (it's always the case)

Cymatics and the LHC have alot in common...

ps: Mastodon rocks !
I am pretty new here though my reg date shows different, I have just begun to read and post... I change my avatar to a new Album often.

Music is important

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
here is a few more cool clips...

edit on 12/14/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
In Kundalini Yoga, there is this idea of Sound Current - that the Universe has a resonant vibration and by using sound, we can resonate with the Universe which unlocks all sorts of wisdom.

A point of Eastern philosophy. The point of Om (Aum) and Ong (Aung). In various Indian theologies, there are two sides to God - the side which is involved in Creation (the Manifest God) and the side of God that exists outside Creation (the Unmanifest God). Om (as taught in Kundalini Yoga) resonates with the side of God outside Creation, so when you invoke Om,you are divested of all your physical and emotional ties to resonate with that aspect of God (most yogas are derived from monastic practices, which took the monk and divested him of earthly attachments, thus Aum is how you lose your physical goods in the world). Ong, on the other hand, resonates with the aspect of God that manifested Creation, so with both related sound, you can resonate with God, one just lets you keep your material goods when you do it, and the other strips you of your goods. Its still God, but depending on which side you resonate with depends on whether you are a poor holy man on the side of the street in loincloth or someone who has a house and some scratch in the pocket while teaching the same thing. :-)

Point is - reality is shaped by sound in many eastern philosophies. Sound with intent is creation. If you call something you lose (keys, wallet, phone) quietly aloud, you find it quickly. When you are seeking someone, repeat their name and they appear. If this is cherry-picking examples, I invite you to try it - just mutter under your breath, as screaming someone's name in a mall is disturbing (and may get you noticed by security). Unkind words can kill. Malicious speaking can destroy lives. Kind words heal.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MagoSA

eastern philosophies are really cool, I have taken them and added them to western philosophy which in essence supersedes them.

I admire all 'good' philosophy though and take it and make it part of my own, (it's an American thing) alot of these philosophies speak of the same that's all that really matters.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
in fact that the light is also the vibration .so it is possible that the universe could be created from light

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This garden universe vibrates complete.
Some we get a sound so sweet.
Vibrations reach on up to become light,
And then thru gamma, out of sight.
Between the eyes and ears there lay,
The sounds of color and the light of a sigh.
And to hear the sun, what a thing to believe.
But it's all around if we could but perceive.
To know ultra-violet, infra-red and X-rays,
Beauty to find in so many ways.
Two notes of the chord, that's our fluoroscope.
But to reach the chord is our lifes hope.
And to name the chord is important to some.
So they give a word, and the word is OM.

- Edge Greame

Ancient Wisdom...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join