It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Construction Begins in New York at Ground Zero today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Some 34 months after the September 11 attacks, reconstructin is set to finally start. The corner stone for the new building on the former World Trade Center site, which will become the world's tallest building, has been laid. It has been almost 3 years now since the attack amazingly and thankfully none others have happened.

aolsvc.news.aol.com
A 20-ton slab of granite that will become the cornerstone of the skyscraper replacing the World Trade Center has an inscription honoring "the enduring spirit of freedom," a source said Sunday.

The groundbreaking ceremony scheduled for Sunday officially begins construction on the 1,776-foot Freedom Tower, designed as a twisting glass and steel tower that evokes the Statue of Liberty nearby.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Since an insurance screw up they don't know if they will have enough money to build all 5 towers but I am sure what they will build will be awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

[edit on 4-7-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

[edit on 4-7-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

[edit on 4-7-2004 by Hoppinmad1]

[edit on 4-7-2004 by Nerdling]

LL1

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Here is some very interesting information on Cornerstones (see link below).
Also within each cornerstone that you see on buildings that
have a year on it, within that cornerstone is a copper box with the contents(newspaper/piece of clothing/coins/etc.) of the era/year that is engraved on the outer stone.
Sometimes when a building is demolished, you may have the
opportunity to view the contents of the cornerstone/copper
box at your local library.
This one for the WTC site is 20 tons, I wonder if they have placed anything within it?

mastermason.info...

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't think it contains anything. It is apparantly a very nice granite stone though. I guess if you have a cornerstone for a building that big it couldn't be hollow in any way to contain anything.

join