It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two car explosions in central Stockholm

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Actually it was a suicide bomber..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Seems like the USA want to set an example to frighten Sweden to obey, in case that they should choose to do as they please with Julian Assange (WIkileaks) and the case about giving him out to USA.
Why else would this suicide bomber have 'said something in arabic' before blowing himself.
Also don't forget the fact that he choose to bomb himself an a place where there weren't alot of people at all. To choose a place in central Stockholm which is not very crowded, when most of Stockholm actually is crowded on a saturday night is indeed a strange choice of place. This smells fishy..

Something is not what it seems like and to me this seems like scare-tactics so why would the USA-want to scare Sweden?I do believe it could have something to do with Julian Assange.Also ofcourse my conclusion is based on the fact that this so called 'Terrorism' and also the war on 'Terrorism' is a product of the United States of America. With the goal to stregthen their control and power over the world.

The letter from the cuicide bomber was quite clear a threat and a try to reach out to 'mujahedin' in europe and Sweden to stop being cowards and attack/kill Swedes..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

indeed yes. And that's why I say that it was a warning.. This street was a nearby street to the biggest walking/shopping stret in stockholm. If he wanted to kill Swedes as he said why not bomb himself there?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Of course we've no proof... Anymore than we have proof about Pearl Harbour, 9/11, The GOM Oil cover up, Media bias, or Man Landing on the Moon! Terrorism is not just about 'terrorists'. It's about smoke screens and falsehoods. It's about cause and effect. It's using a word to conceal the truth.

If you're wise to the world and all it's corruption and deception, then it's pretty much obvious what's behind certain events and what the possible benefits are to those behind those events!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Aftonbladet.se has an image of the bombers corpse here:

Peace

link   

Originally posted by Triztheone
Seems like the USA want to set an example to frighten Sweden

No it doesn't, at all.

Also don't forget the fact that he choose to bomb himself an a place where there weren't alot of people at all. To choose a place in central Stockholm which is not very crowded, when most of Stockholm actually is crowded on a saturday night is indeed a strange choice of place. This smells fishy..

So you think that he couldn't have done such a terrible job without CIA involvement?

I don't know any Swede who was frightened by this, usually it takes something frightening to frighten people.

link   
To all Social Democrat's,

Thank you.

YOU are the reason for all the Hell in Europe. You brought in immigrants with nary a care for the host country, You have fed, clothed, and educated them for free in many cases.

This is your doing.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Actually, the current Swedish prime minister is a right-winger, and he, too, is for immigration, and lots of it. This isn't a party-political issue. It's an attitude issue among our retarded politicians.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
The start of the youth of the world waking up to reality,instead of fictional mediums.

Nope, just Islam again. It's about time Scandinavia gets hit. Surprised it wasn't sooner though.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

indeed yes. And that's why I say that it was a warning.. This street was a nearby street to the biggest walking/shopping stret in stockholm. If he wanted to kill Swedes as he said why not bomb himself there?

Yeah, that is very strange indeed!

Why didn't he continue around the corner from Bryggargatan to do his thing on the main "Drottninggatan" more towards 'Sergels Torg' where it was much more crowded this late shopping hour yesterday?

Or why not in the nearby crowded Central Station or near the Subway Station?

Why did he decided to stay ten meters down on the back street when he did his thing - why did he not procede, and walked around the corner to the more crowded Drottninggatan?

Witnesses are saying that the man just stood there a bit down down from the corner on Bryggargatan where/when this apparently happened!

Google translated from the Expressen newspaper:

Two men stood talking in the corner of Drottninggatan and Bryggargatan and just before 17 yesterday afternoon while they were carrying signs that advertised the different shops and restaurant at Bryggargatan

They then separated. One of them stood on the corner, the other went down on Bryggargatan.
Seconds later an explosion was heard. The alarm came to police 17:02.

Next to the dead is a sign that advertises a special offer on "Fish and chips".

Police suspect now that the suicide bomber is one of the two sign carriers, according to Expressen's source

In the message that was sent to TT news yesterday, the male sender says in the audio file that he does not belong to any organization.

www.expressen.se...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Man found dead after Stockholm explosion
22 minutes ago..............

Despite statements from police, some news sources are raising the possibility of a terrorist link, after apparent warnings were sent to Swedish News Agency TT. The warnings are reported to have contained references to Swedish involvement in Afghanistan and to the controversial Lars Vilks cartoons.

Lars Endel Roger Vilks (born 20 June 1946) is a Swedish artist. He became known for his drawings of the Islamic Prophet Muhammed.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Hmmm funny in happened in Sweeden, they dont want to give Assange but usa clearly say cooperate with us orelse. "oh umigo its just a coincidence it happened in Sweeden" . How many coincidence's do you guys want a week?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
More terrorist bombing reports surfacing in Sweden

Ten minutes before the blasts, Swedish news agency TT received an e-mail saying "the time has come to take action." According to the news agency, the e-mail referred to Sweden's silence surrounding artist Lars Vilks' 2007 drawing of Muhammad as a dog and to the country's presence in Afghanistan, where it has about 500 soldiers in the NATO force.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Maybe the fool had a sense of guilt and walked away? Or maybe his bomb went off early, luckily just fatally injuring the scumbag.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Sweden calls Stockholm blasts 'terrorist attack'

STOCKHOLM — Two blasts rocked the center of Stockholm Saturday night in what Sweden's foreign minister called "a terrorist attack" that killed one person and wounding two.

The blasts Saturday took place after Swedish news agency TT said it received a threatening letter about Sweden's military presence in Afghanistan and a years-old case of caricatures of the Prophet Mohammad.

"Now your children, daughters and sisters shall die like our brothers and sisters and children are dying," the news agency quoted the e-mail as saying.

Wow! ...and, I though Islam is a peaceful religion?

Did I get something wrong?
Maybe they can build their temple in New York's Times Square. Will that help?

Islamists raise fears of violent 'clash of cultures' in Europe

LONDON — It is a Sunday night in London's East End and the self-styled "most hated man in Britain" is holding court, reveling in his vision of a Taliban victory over America and a world under Islamic Shariah law.

The crowd of about 250 listens intently as Anjem Choudary issues a call to arms in the pristine surroundings of the newly refurbished art deco conference center, built to host weddings and business meetings.

"There are many battlefields," he says calmly into a microphone. "There's a battlefield outside 10 Downing Street [home to Britain's prime minister] and in the mountains of the Tora Bora [in Afghanistan]."

*starts singing*
"We are the world... We are the children..."

Nope. No Islamic involvement in Stockholm or Europe.

Seriously, I shouldn't be laughing. This is a very serious situation.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This one has me thinking.

Sounds like only a porition of his bomb went off. Did it leave a body for identification? If I were going to set this up as a failed suicide bomber attempt, I would leave a body behind for identification so that the blame could be squarely put on an extremeist group.

I would think that if it were an Islamic extremist, he/she would just blow the crap out of everything without the need to inform anyone then the extremist group would later publicly step forward and claim that it was they who attacked. That always seemed to be their mode of attack.

I think this is still very much the world wide war on terror just getting another injection of adrenaline.

See see see, our job is not done yet.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Why do some people find it so hard to believe that certain elements of Islam hate the west?

Not everything is a CIA job or inside job.

Many young, deluded muslims ARE wanting some kind of pseudo-vengeance on the west and this will continue until the nasty parts of Islam are crushed.

I used to have sympathy for muslims, as i used to believe they were being oppressed, but the more i learn about the nastier sides Islam, the more I know it's a medieval way of thinking and has no place in the 21st century.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I don't think the bomb went of too early as the attacker 'yelled something in arabic according to witnesses, before blowing himself up' (all bombs which he had on him didn't detonate according to bomb experts from the police) now ain't that also something to add to the pile? the fact that 'the explosion could've been alot bigger if they all blew up' or if he stod there instead of there etc...

Also the car which exploded which probably belonged to the same man who blew himself up, that's a classic threat or 'show my muscles' thing to do. To put several small bombs in several places without hurting any people. that's like warning no:1.

The fact that all explosives didn't detonate, and the location of the explotion aswell as the threatening letter he wrote before blowing himself up tells me this was a warning..

We have never had any terrorist attacks in Sweden before.. Strange that the first one happen very close to all these stories around Julian Assange.

I mean first off the charges on him was erased, and then taken up again?
That's just one of many examples where 'Sweden didn't do as they were told to do'.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

We have never had any terrorist attacks in Sweden before.. Strange that the first one happen very close to all these stories around Julian Assange.

Whow! What an interesting statement.

Even though they might not be related on the surface, the mind begins to consider a potential possibility. It might be too far down the rabbit hole to think Assange is a Islamic hired terrorist.

I personally think its a coincidence.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Maybe the fool had a sense of guilt and walked away? Or maybe his bomb went off early, luckily just fatally injuring the scumbag.

Yep, I thought about that myself after studying the location where this happened, and I know this place quite well myself.

Perhaps as you say, maybe the fool had some second thoughts & sense of guilt and walked away from the original plan? But he decided to send a message a go through with this anyway, but not as they had originally planned on the more crowded main street - so he decided to stay 10 meters down on the back street?

I guess that could be a possibility regarding the strange location?

(or the device failed and went off early due to unknown circumstances?)

Yeah, who knows? everything is speculations so far until the security police & secret service will give us more complete information.

Thankfully, this Swedish extremist fool was an epic fail! and many Christmas shopping Swedes can be very thankful for that - this incident could probably have ended much worse in catastrophe and bloody disaster!
edit on 12-12-2010 by Chevalerous because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join