It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two car explosions in central Stockholm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Two car explosions in central Stockholm

www.stockholmnews.com

A powerful explosion occurred at the corner of the streets Bryggargatan and Drottninggatan in central Stockholm just before five o'clock PM. A second explosion reportedly occurred at the intersection of Drottninggatan and Olof Palmes gata. One person has been found dead at the first explosion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Still it could be related to anything, wikileaks, national troubles, annoying kids,...
Any Swedish, Stockholm, related ATS-ers that could clarify some of this?

Too bad another one had to die and some got injured, but what to do about it?

Not much more to add. Since the info is spare at this moment.

www.stockholmnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
The start of the youth of the world waking up to reality,instead of fictional mediums.Backlash from net insanity.Oh well world of warcraft globally in realtime,awakening of the decieved.
Although this is real.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
The start of the youth of the world waking up to reality,instead of fictional mediums.Backlash from net insanity.Oh well world of warcraft globally in realtime,awakening of the decieved.
Although this is real.

A carbomb goes of and it is because the Youth is wakening up, and not just the ordinary stuff; Rivalizing gangs?

What do you consider the reason were when the Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme were shot dead in 1986 on the open street? Awakening?
edit on 11-12-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dumbass

Still it could be related to anything, wikileaks, national troubles, annoying kids,...
Any Swedish, Stockholm, related ATS-ers that could clarify some of this?

Well, actually, I apparently heard just this earlier this day, given the description, and really wondered what it was. All of the sudden, I heard a series of bangs, almost sounding like firecrackers, and thought "What was THAT", and wondered if it perhaps could be either some folks making an early celebrating for New Years Eve, as some people sometimes do, OR, if it was someone shooting rabbits, as we got alot of rabbits and hares around here.

But now it seems I got the explanation, apparently. Guessing rivalizing maffia-gangs, again.

Edit: Forget it, I just noticed that it apparently occured at 16:50 in the afternoon, and the bangs I heard were much earlier than that.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Either way the youth of the world are being pushed toward extremes,to discount youth involvement is ignorance even though corruption is involved.In the riot in London there was frequent remarks about youths futures being derailed into crime and if it continues rivalization will only increase and merge into combined anarchaic activities,even though it may not be in this case.A whole generation has been brought up on internet information ,information as you have pointed out can be misread,I hope and pray it is not more disenfranchised youth seeking a anarchaic purpose and is as you state mafia related although they to have alot to gain from the disenfranchised.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy
reply to post by Nightchild

Either way the youth of the world are being pushed toward extremes,to discount youth involvement is ignorance even though corruption is involved.In the riot in London there was frequent remarks about youths futures being derailed into crime and if it continues rivalization will only increase and merge into combined anarchaic activities,even though it may not be in this case.A whole generation has been brought up on internet information ,information as you have pointed out can be misread,I hope and pray it is not more disenfranchised youth seeking a anarchaic purpose and is as you state mafia related although they to have alot to gain from the disenfranchised.

While I do believe that I see your point, and to some part agree, it is none the less a very dangerous road to exscuse violence with that people are unhappy with life, if I understood you right.
Also, just because the World is a tough place, that is NO exscuse to act like crap oneself, and lowering oneself to the same level. That is just stupid. Actually, it is typical Sheeple tinfoil-behaviour.

Each and everyone CAN make the World a slightly better place, and although it is easy to forget that, it is never the less a very importent truth to realize.

By the way, this topic reminds me of a Woman. whatever her name were, that was working for equal rights with focus on black people and was therefore spending much time in Africa, among other destinations.
Now, she were not genuinly working for equal rights per se, as she wanted to blame everything bad on the Westerners(She was white westerner herself), and were of the opinion that there were really no such thing as a "Bad" black person, as every supposed bad thing they did, were a direct result caused by frustration over the generations of discrimination of their race.

Anyway; One day, she encountered a gang, consisting of black people, that apparently were"In the mood", so to speak, resulting in an assault that lasted the whole night, leaving her bruised and traumatized.

Her statements and following standpoints afterwards? That the people that had raped her were absolutely not to blame at all and they were only upset because of the many years of oppression towards their kind. Hence, the blame- she said- was all the White Man's, and the rapists were merely victims that she wholeheartly forgave.

Enough.
No wonder this World is looking like it does with reasonings like this.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

Just throwing it out there....WikiLeaks and the connection with Stockholm/ underground bunkers.
I don't think it is connected, but one never knows nowadays. When I looked up the car bombing in the online news, the second thing that popped up was ' WikiLeaks bunker near Stockholm.'

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Keep us posted, i'd really like to see how this playes out!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I agree, it isnt the baby boomers wholl get the ball rolling, its the younger people.
They have the impetuosity of their age as well as a much better education in the sciences
The availability of the recipes for dissaster on the internet is strikingly easy.
The youth will doubtlessly get themselves into trouble fighting beyond their capabilities, and it will be then that their parents will be shamed into joining them.
The fifty six hungarian revolution was primarily students and cadets who defied the tanks with molotovs and dinner plates tuned upside down on the streets lloking like anti tank mines, and slowing the tanks enough to get a fire bomb inside a hatch.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
A little more info is added in the main article:

Alarm calls poured in to the Emergency Services from concerned residents about the explosions in central Stockholm on Saturday afternoon. But the initial info from the police was extremely unclear. First there was talk of two cars that exploded, later it proved to be just one.

“A car at street Olof Palmes gata has exploded, we got the alarm at two minutes over five o'clock PM. Two minutes later, we received yet another alarm about an explosion from Street Bryggargatan some distance away," said Ulf Göranzon, at the Stockholm police.

At Bryggargatan a man was found dead. According to news agency TT the police assume that the man was not damaged in the car explosion, but that he somehow blasted himself.

Streets cordoned off

According to the police there was a bag at the site, but that is unconfirmed information. According to newspaper Expressen the bag will be filled with nails.

Witnesses have seen how the police bomb squad robot has been taking care of the bag. There is also information that the bomb squad continues to look for explosives at the deceased man.

At least four ambulances were sent to the scene. Two people were taken to hospital with minor injuries, they were in the vicinity of the explosions.

The adjacent streets are cordoned off.

“We are trying to sort out what has happened," said Petra Sjölander, at the Stockholm police.

To be updated.

suicide bomber in Stockholm

Somebody blew himself up

edit on 11-12-2010 by Dumbass because: zpealingg

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Don't have a translation but the story is here in a Swedish news paper

www.aftonbladet.se...

First impressions are that this attack was perpetrated by a follower of the religion of peace?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
That story says it's a suicide bomber but the police haven't confirmed that yet.

If it is a suicide bomber it could be very well linked to the fact of growing anti muslim sentiment in Sweden.

The 20 Swedish Democrats - the first national lawmakers from a party initially spawned in the 1980s by white supremacists - are working to impose a moratorium on new mosques, ban the shroud-like coverings worn by some conservative Muslim women and largely halt immigration from predominantly Muslim nations.

This was from the Washington Post...
www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 11-12-2010 by fltcui because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I translated some of the article

Should have had a backpack full of spikes and bombs
The man who died in Bryggargatan blew himself to death.

He carried six interconnected pipe bombs but only one exploded.

He also had a backpack full of nails and a suspected explosive.

- Had it exploded at Queen Street had been a massacre, "said a source.

Police bomb technicians examined the dead man's bag by using a bomb robot. Radiographs show that it contained a large quantity of nails and an unknown substance which is suspected to be explosives.

Shouted in Arabic
According to witnesses on the ground should the man have shouted something in Arabic before the bomb detonated.

According to Aftonbladet the man died of a pipe bombs which he carried on the body. On the site they found five pipe bombs believed to have been

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

Have you ever thought that the anti Muslim sentiment in that country could be something to do with these types of people being allowed to immigrate there? There are similar feelings in many European countries where the indigenous people can see that certain immigrant groups are nothing but a threat to their safety and way of life, but the governments keep allowing them to immigrate there as they believe this will lead to a multicultural utopia.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

According to Svenska Dagbladet, Swedish officials have stated, after preliminary investigations, that the dead man "blew himself up."
Furthermore, they report, a letter threatening terrorist action was sent to Swedish officials prior to the two explosions. The author of the letter blamed Swedes for their silence regarding the Lars Vilks 2007 drawings depicting Mohammad as a dog, and it also raised complaints over the presence of Swedish troops in Afghanistan, adding "now your children, daughters and sisters will die just like our brothers, sisters and children are dying."

The author went on to add, "Our actions will speak for themselves."

For now, it appears as if the explosions were, in fact, terrorist attacks on the Swedish capital at the start of the Christmas shopping season

www.allmediany.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
That story says it's a suicide bomber but the police haven't confirmed that yet.

If it is a suicide bomber it could be very well linked to the fact of growing anti muslim sentiment in Sweden.

Please tell me how you managed to determine this man's religious preference, because I have searched the news article provided and there was no mention of it?

Or is it just in your mind that only Muslims blow themselves up?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Just trying to connect the dots, saw that there were unconfirmed reports of bystanders saying the man was shouting something in Arabic, and if you look at my last post you'll see that my presumption was true.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Yes seems the dead man was the bomber himself.

Only 1 of the 6 pipe bombs look to have gone off.
Reports of a bag of nails too-could have been much worse.

olehgirl.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PETROLCOIN
Please tell me how you managed to determine this man's religious preference, because I have searched the news article provided and there was no mention of it?

Or is it just in your mind that only Muslims blow themselves up?

Oh please.

Yes, they're the ones who have been doing it these days (regardless of who's really behind all the violence, it has been Muslims actually doing the suicide attacks). And yeah, yeah, there are always exceptions.

I say it's a fair tentative speculation until more details come to light.

edit on 11-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join