It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To overcome and change 2012 / Thought Manifestation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Aren't we all pure sources of energy? We all learned in school that energy can not be destroyed, however can be expanded or transformed but not be destroyed. If what we really think manifests into reality then we have the energy to overcome/change 2012. However, many of us have negative thoughts.

Also, please state what you know about thoughts manifesting into reality.
edit on 11-12-2010 by iAnjo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Reminds me of a (quickly dead) thread I posted titled 2012 Manifesto.

There wouldn't have to be any debate about what will happen in 2012 if enough of us set our energy on trying to wake people up to the myriad issues that are keeping us down.

If people don't already see how they influence their surroundings simply by living then there is not much use trying to argue the viewpoint to them. But even fewer people are aware of the extent to which we can each individually influence the world around us.

A good psychologist, detective, anyone with a certain amount of perceptive ability can pick up on you being in a negative mood, bored, anxious, calm, whatever. Your facial expressions and body language and every other little thing about you radiates the information out to anyone willing to make the effort to analyze it. But even those who aren't paying attention react subconsciously and automatically to it. Changes for the better have to start within before they are ever going to manifest outside of you. You can be surrounded by happy people and still be miserable, and you'll be a buzz kill for everyone else too. Don't be a frikkin' buzz kill.

Let's think of positive changes we would all like to look forward to in the future.

Less hunger and poverty?

Less government corruption?

Less illness?

No more war-for-profit?

There are a few practical examples of things we can all focus and work together on overcoming. We would have to work together and combine our energy to push successfully for these changes. Energy exerted to be antagonistic and a stick-in-the-mud would be put to much better use by being a stick-in-the-mud and antagonistic to the authorities in power who are responsible for these problems in the first place, and not we the people who want it changed.
edit on 11-12-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I've read a bit on this theory of thought manifestation, involving 2012. Can someone please clear things up a little. From my understanding, if we think about what we want to happen, that will happen? Is there a difference between thinking of something you want and truly believing it? Of all the threads I've come across, this idea or theory is one that has had the most effect on me. I find it scary, but only because I don't understand it.
I also read that each person will have their own 2012 experience based on what they think will happen, or what they believe will happen. Again anyone who knows what they are talking about fill me in here.
This is something I cannot grasp, and it seems very strange to me because if this sort of thing is true, then it really changes my whole outlook on life. Because how can someone experience something different than someone else if they are say beside each other.
Anyways, I'm looking forward to reading some replies this is a very interesting topic!
edit on 11-12-2010 by Otamad because: grammer

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

That's a nice way to think of it

reply to post by Otamad

Same here, I don't really understand the whole thing. At first it made me think as if the whole world was our imagination, as if everyone is in MY world where I control. Idk, I really don't. I wish someone could explain this manifestation thing to me, like the whole thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otamad
I've read a bit on this theory of thought manifestation, involving 2012. Can someone please clear things up a little. From my understanding, if we think about what we want to happen, that will happen? Is there a difference between thinking of something you want and truly believing it? Of all the threads I've come across, this idea or theory is one that has had the most effect on me. I find it scary, but only because I don't understand it.

You have the right idea but it's not as simple as you put it.

Here's a basic example, we'll call it "creating your reality" 101:

1) Two people have a job interview. The same interview. They're equally qualified for the job, except for one difference.

2) (Person A) goes to the interview with confidence and feeling as though he's already got the job. (Person B) is nervous and anxious and is very worried that he won't get the job.

3) The interviewer knows both candidates are equally qualified, but is more impressed with how self-assured, calm and comfortable (person A) was and feels like he would make a better asset to his company for that reason.

This is also known as a "self-fulfilling prophecy," or even the "placebo effect" in medical cases where patients recover more rapidly just because they think or more importantly feel as though they are recovering.

The world is more complicated than this example. For example, in reality maybe (person B) is an attractive female and her lack of confidence makes the interviewer find her that much more attractive, and so she would get the job first for that reason.

But the principle works. Great leaders are most often great leaders simply because they are confident in themselves without needing anyone else's assurance, and this great self-confidence lends itself to others who then also feel more confident that these leaders know what they are doing, whether they actually do or not.

It isn't just "thinking about" what you want, it's having what you want. Think, feel, behave as though you already have what you desire and are perfectly comfortable and balanced with it, and you will be un-discernible from having already achieved your goal to external factors you will come across, and you will have already achieved your goal to anyone on the outside looking in. You will be the "real thing," whatever "thing" you are pursuing creating. You are just making it happen inside first, and then letting it carry over outside you naturally, as it inevitably will. It's not faking it, either, or just pretending. It's doing it for real. It's modeling yourself exactly after what you would expect would be needed to achieve what you want, and taking your mistakes in stride, learning from them and persevering and never accepting total failure until you finally achieve what you set after. This also means changing the entire way you look at the world to adapt it to most effectively creating what you want to create.

Again, "self-fulfilling prophecy" and "placebo effect" are both extensions of this idea.

It's a biological fact that people who think and feel they are being treated and are getting well, produce a better environment within their bodies, for their bodies to heal themselves, than people who think and feel they are sick, getting sicker, or dying. These thoughts and feelings only add unnecessary emotional/hormonal burden to the body's sensitive systems and impede the healing process. This is just one more example of how this carries over from inside your thoughts, to your "external" environment. It's a perfectly natural process, occurring on many levels simultaneously.

I also read that each person will have their own 2012 experience based on what they think will happen, or what they believe will happen. Again anyone who knows what they are talking about fill me in here.

Is the glass half-empty or half-full? Same idea.

Everyone will be presented with the same "2012 glass" but whether it's half-empty or half-full or whatever "is" inside of it will depend on which person's perspective you are consulting. There is no right or wrong view. It just depends on what you are trying to make out of your view. If you want to worry, then worry. If you want to be more uplifting or optimistic about what will happen, if anything even does happen, then change your attitude accordingly.
edit on 11-12-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply bsbray11. I understand what your saying, but I'm not sure if your examples fully covered what I was thinking. I will have to watch this thread to see if I can get some more answers.

Happy positive thinking to all!

-Otamad
edit on 11-12-2010 by Otamad because: idea change

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
From the reading the posts it looks like you just got to think positive and never negative. Time to change some parts of myself.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otamad
Thanks for the reply bsbray11. I understand what your saying, but I'm not sure if your examples fully covered what I was thinking. I will have to watch this thread to see if I can get some more answers.

What exactly are you looking for?

Originally posted by iAnjo
From the reading the posts it looks like you just got to think positive and never negative. Time to change some parts of myself.

If you just try to "think positive" all the time, there's nothing wrong with the idea, but unless you have hormones made of steel you're not going to be able to keep it up. Problems do arise on occasion and have to be addressed for what they are, or they'll become a repeating pattern that you'll just have to keep painting over with a smile. I'm reading a book on psychologist Carl Jung's work right now and I'm actually on a section where he's talking about this himself. Jung was a smart guy. He's the guy who discovered the collective unconscious, archetypes and coined the word "synchronicity."

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

So what do you suggest?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
So what do you suggest?

I don't know what you're looking for except apparently nothing in the posts I already made above. What would you like me to say?

As far as facing something negative, Jung said instead of trying to suppress or avoid the situation, it's healthier to identify with it and recognize your emotional reactions are part of yourself.

In Jungian psychology, the shadow or "shadow aspect" is a part of the unconscious mind consisting of repressed weaknesses, shortcomings, and instincts. It is one of the three most recognizable archetypes, the others being the anima and animus and the persona. "Everyone carries a shadow," Jung wrote, "and the less it is embodied in the individual's conscious life, the blacker and denser it is."[1] ...

According to Jung, the shadow, in being instinctive and irrational, is prone to projection: turning a personal inferiority into a perceived moral deficiency in someone else. Jung writes that if these projections are unrecognized "The projection-making factor (the Shadow archetype) then has a free hand and can realize its object--if it has one--or bring about some other situation characteristic of its power." [3] These projections insulate and cripple individuals by forming an ever thicker fog of illusion between the ego and the real world. ...

Jung also made the suggestion of there being more than one layer making up the shadow. The top layers contain the meaningful flow and manifestations of direct personal experiences. These are made unconscious in the individual by such things as the change of attention from one thing to another, simple forgetfulness, or a repression. ...

'The shadow personifies everything that the subject refuses to acknowledge about himself' and represents 'a tight passage, a narrow door, whose painful constriction no one is spared who goes down to the deep well'[16]. If and when 'an individual makes an attempt to see his shadow, he becomes aware of (and often ashamed of) those qualities and impulses he denies in himself but can plainly see in others - such things as egotism, mental laziness, and sloppiness; unreal fantasies, schemes, and plots; carelessness and cowardice; inordinate love of money and possessions -...[a] painful and lengthy work of self-education'[17].

en.wikipedia.org...

Jung was a prolific writer so there's a lot you could read on it, but it ties in simply with Eastern philosophy too, of which Jung himself was a student.

The basic idea is that it's healthy to be at peace with everything. As in, when you see something or someone else, and it repulses you emotionally and mentally, there is some quality in it that you are rejecting because you have so far failed to identify with it. Or maybe in other words that people reject things because they don't understand them. Also people will often project their own problems onto the someone else or the external world, as being their problems, until they come to recognize them as their own problems as well and seek to identify, accept, and finally make efforts to transcend them personally.
edit on 12-12-2010 by bsbray11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The idea of different perspectives might also be more clearly related by demonstrating their presence in different systems.

Do both of your hands, while part of the same body, experience the same thing?
Do two flowers in the same field, while part of the same body, experience the same thing?
Do the Earth and Mars, while part of the same body (solar system in context), experience the same thing?
Do people, while part of the same body, experience the same thing?

The most minute details like the wind brushing one flower a certain way, to how all of the flowers interact, is the unity. From a human perspective, my favorite question is:

Think of a chair.

Pretty easy, i know. The trick comes into play when i ask, what type of chair did you imagine? im guessing its vastly different than my imagination. Using this concept, and expanding on it, shows how different our perspectives on "reality" can truly be.

All separate parts of the very same thing, thats just how amazing it is.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thought manifestation is what you all are going to experience over the next 2years if you believe it or not. For those of you who choose to manifest your own really without the super intelligent and perfect wisdom of Christ helping you......then you get whatever you think..so think clean and clear about what you expect to see.  There are many spirits that you can use to help you in building your experience.  I chose Jesus Christ because for all intents and purposes, he has Devine command over millions of angels and humans. Why reinvent the wheel? Ask and you will receive if u believe. No physical action needed. Except to plant a seed in 3rd dimension and watch it grow...fruitless or not. Again, Christ makes it fruitful for you.

Anyway, works like this. Put an image in your mind of what you want your world to be, attach emotions and whatever essence you can to that image. Meditate and think nothin but that image as often as you can...believe it and the world will give you that experience. Don't muddy it up by pitting your manipulative and reactionary brain against it's natural process. Let go and enjoy the transition and don't be afraid.  You will all realize god pretty soon and will happily allow Jesus to bring you into your new life. But for those who think they are smarter than god, and do it on there own, will witness a very demonic experience if they are not full of unconditional love and cleansed of selfish, consumptive behavior and attitude . Rest assured this has been reality for thousands of years...we are just starting to remember how to use it again. Hopefully for good this time. Rest assured, it is reall, is happening....and (thankfully) is not subject or limited to your ability to believe what I am saying. So no debate required...try for yourself.... Ask and you receive...ask Christ and he'll hook it up without entangled darkness and emptiness. Good luck to u all. You only have yourself to blame from here on out
edit on 13-12-2010 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by iAnjo

I believe completely that we manifest our reality. We are not aware of it, and on some levels are very basic in our manifestations. However this is what spirituality (eastern) has told us for millenia and Quantum Mechanics is just now saying. My question to all you though is this. I have seen the possibilities of a spiritual revolution in the near future, but I am still afraid of my own well being. Should I buy weapons? Or will that damn me with the rest of the people who aren't ready for such a transition? I'm stuck on the fence. I don't know if my own light will protect me in the dark.

new topics

top topics

join