It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time slowing down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I had the same thing happen to me once, I have a 4th gen ipod that did the exact same thing while I was on a morning run. I was able to reproduce the symptoms by just running or just waving the ipod up and down for short periods of time. I figured mine was defective and just sent it back to amazon for a new one, and the one I have now does not do it.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsubaki

My iPod is working absolutely fine, and I just went on a jog again with it. Nothing happend.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
There is a specific aparatus in your brain that deals with your perception of time. When in high stress situations, you perceive more, you get a feeling of time slowing down.

Michio Kaku did an experiment on this. They got this guy to look at a digital LED display which was a flashing at such a frequency, that in normal circumstances you wouldn't see the numbers on the display. But they push the guy from really high up... BACK FIRST !.. (sadistic bastards!) and he falls on a safety net. So.. obviously.. the guy gets an insane norepinephrine rush and manages to see the numbers on the display. So it's an experimentally proven mechanism as far as I know. I haven't really researched this, I just saw it in the Michio Kaku TIME series (it was for BBC, I think)

I have personally experienced alternation in time perception as well

Once was when I had a car accident. The moment I realized we were going to crash time slowed down. I can remember it quite clearly ! (nobody got hurt)

Also, I used to play A LOT of table tennis with a friend. So when I got "in the zone" sometimes, for brief moments, I would get this sort of "bullet time" effect and see the ball moving rather slowly. My friends who were watching found it hilarious, because I always used weird techniques, never orthodox.

Otherwise, use of psychotropic substances often cause altered time perceptions, but that's understandable..

Now that I think of it, I too have had experiences when I had a feeling of "time slowing down" with no apparent outside stimulus, but in your case it seems much more pronounced.

Interesting topic

edit on 12-12-2010 by falseveils because: ats sux ballz.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
That always happens to my pet mongoose after some heavy unmentionable herb usage.
I'm pretty sure this means your face will explode though from the sound of things. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by falseveils

Lol I thought I was the only one who used "in the zone" xD

Anyways back on topic, I wasn't under stress or anything, I wasn't even excited for anything. It was just normal, I know what you mean by "in the zone" though when you feel like time's slowing down and you're goin fast, but I don't think we're experiencing the same thing here.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo

Lol I thought I was the only one who used "in the zone" xD

its actually used quite extensively in sports

Anyways back on topic, I wasn't under stress or anything, I wasn't even excited for anything. It was just normal, I know what you mean by "in the zone" though when you feel like time's slowing down and you're goin fast, but I don't think we're experiencing the same thing here.

You just might be

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I was driving on a busy 4 lane arterial one time. I was rounding a curve at 40 mph and everything slowed very fast and stopped. I looked to my left and saw the guy next to me in his car smoking- frozen though. I looked to my right and saw another person in a car. Then as quickly as it happened, things speeded up and went back to normal. When things began moving again, it was like the back of my truck was connected to a rubber band-with time and space as well. I just shot forward with everything around me. I have not witnessed this since. I drive by this area several times a week. This happened years ago and I still think about it each time I pass this spot.
It was a very odd and unsettling experience.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I have experienced that sensation on a number of occasions, mostly when it was necessary to act quickly to avoid bodily harm or on a couple occasions it was to regain or keep control of my car. The mind speeds up at these moments and the sensation is of slow-motion. I don't recall sound perceptions during those moments as those instances were focused on eye-body coordination responses. I expect this is normal for most people though some may not have yet experienced it.

One of the first instances I recall was on the schoolyard during a soccer game where I raced to kick the ball but had it swept away from me before I could make contact. Instead, the momentum swept me off my feet and spun me over 180 degrees. There really was no defensive action to take and I recall the visual sensation as I spun seemingly lasting for seconds. The coach and other students commented later on my dazzling missed kick but from my perspective it was even more dazzling, I expect.

I have had many more moments when time jumped out of normal perception when being "in the zone" as you put it, but at these moments the time-shift is less radical. There are many more moments of boredom or enjoyment when time makes a shift of yet lesser proportion including time while being absorbed in a task. These all seem to have automatic triggers that are appropriate for the occasion, though none that I can casually control by wishing it so.

I may be able to recall occasions when music or sounds had minor time distortion but these instances do not stand out in my memory very strongly, though these were moments lost in contemplation and the awareness of sound brought me back out of it. I would think the OP would have an idea if time-shift was normal for them and if anything similar could have brought it on. In my case, the awarness of the sound brought me back into normal time. For an iPod it seems more likely to be something brought on by electro-magnetic distortions or some other factor.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by iAnjo
The other day, I went for a normal 2 mile jog while listening to some music and felt good after wards.

During the jog, my music slowed down. I stopped and sat, and it still slowed down. I restarted the iPod and everything was fine, so I tested out my music and finished my jog.

After a while, when the Jog was over, I started to listen to my iPod again, and the music, out of nowhere, slowed down again. Every single time the iPod slowed down, no one was around me, but time felt so slow.

I don't know what really happened, but it felt weird. And no, I didn't pass out or collapse or anything, it's not that.

It hasn't happened since.

I had something like this happen to me a few years ago and reading your post piqued my interest. I was just out of High School and working at a local car wash. It was winter, so when the car went into the wash bay, we closed the door behind it. In the wash bay was myself and two other co-workers. Shortly after we closed the door behind the customers car, I experienced what I can only describe as a slow down in time. For what seemed like only a few seconds, everything slowed. The wash brushes seemed to be in slow motion, my actions felt slowed, the car moving through the bay was barely moving, and even the sounds seemed slow if that makes any sense. I remember looking at one of my co-workers and we made eye contact, but it had a surreal feel to it. Then, as soon as it started, it stopped and everything seemed like it snapped back to normal. We finished the car and returned to the office area to wait for the next customer. We all just sat for a few minutes without saying a whole lot, but I couldn't resist, and asked the question. " What happened in there?" You could feel the tension leave the room as we all at that point realized that, yes, something did happen and we were all aware of it. After a few minutes of talking and generally being freaked out, another co-worker who was off that day walked past the office window and peered in, looking puzzled. When he came in the door, he was visibly taken aback, and said "where did you guys come from?" I asked what he meant, and he said that when he looked in the office window there wasn't anybody in there, but when he came through the door, there we were. This made a unsettling event even more so.
For about three days after this, my life just seemed a little out of alignment if you will. Like I was a little bit unsettled, confused at times, thinking i was seeing things that were out of place, etc...
My question for the OP is this, Since this happened to you, have you noticed anything else strange in your daily life? Was there any immediate event right after it happened that was puzzling to you?
Thanks for humoring me with this admittedly odd story, but it is an event that will remain with me the rest of my life.
edit on 14-12-2010 by ElBraapo because: spelling

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

The same thing happens to me when i smoke too much too. We call it teleporting

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
How very interesting!

Special relativity shows that the faster you go, the more time slows down. However, the velocity would have to approach the speed of light in order to really make a difference because:

t = to / sqrt[1 - v^2/c^2]

However, with the energy of the Earth increasing (and the Schumann resonance exponentially increasing with no explanation), the energy of the entire solar system increasing (with the build up of high energy plasmas with no explanation), and even the energy of the entire galaxy increasing (as well as the unusual high energy phenomena like the NASA discovery of the two gigantic bubbles of gamma rays), I think this is having not only a profound effect on us here, but also on our everyday physical phenomena....
edit on 15-12-2010 by BellaMente because: fix

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Slowing down?? Not for me... maybe the young experience it. Here in my old world Im still wondering how the hell its already christmas...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join