It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: India test-fires nuclear missile.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
India has test fired a short-range nuclear missile, capable of distances up to 700 kilometres. The Agni missile was fired from an island off the east coast of India. Pakistan tested similarly a month ago.

news.bbc.co.uk
Pakistan was not concerned by this latest test, a foreign affairs official was quoted as saying by AFP.

During recent talks, Delhi and Islamabad agreed to renew a ban on nuclear weapons tests, to notify each other about impending missile tests and to set up a hotline to alert each other to potential nuclear risks.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Despite the peace talks, the continuing testing of weapons seems more like two men flexing their muscles... This will remind people of the 97 (?) nuclear tests they performed underground.
I hasten to remind people that India and Pakistan are not allowed nuclear weapons according to the nuclear treaties signed at the end of World War 2.

[edit on 7-4-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
so it is true that inda and pakistan have nuker wepons of mass distrution. I wounder i presedent bush will go after them next.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by hughes28105
so it is true that inda and pakistan have nuker wepons of mass distrution. I wounder i presedent bush will go after them next.

Not very likely. Pakistan aided the U.S with thier campaign in Afghanistan and they seem to be patching relations with India as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedarkprojekt
Not very likely. Pakistan aided the U.S with thier campaign in Afghanistan and they seem to be patching relations with India as well.

Not likely, also none of them really have any oil. The only thing of value is thier outsourced help line in Bangalore

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
delete

[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
The fact that both India and Pakistan have nuclear weapons is old news and I'm glad they are talking now. There was a great deal of concern a few months ago that things would escalate into a nuclear war between those two sparring partners. Of course just imagine where the radiation dust cloud would travel to as it circled the globe.
All it takes for a nuclear war to start are two hothead countries with nukes. Everyone else will suffer the radiation fallout around the globe.

top topics

join