It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion evidence? Peru GOOGLE EARTH

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hey guys... I don't mean to sound like a tabloid magazine... i've been browsing google earth for the past... well... let's not even get into it... have found an amazing array of strange and interesting finds... most of you I am certain would appreciate... however this (and this is not like the rest... I have found mostly ancient ruins) this is unexplainable to me... the whole area looks as if a nuke took it out...completely leveled... please somebody explain?

13°47'3.22"S 76°10'14.32"W

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Is this what your looking at?

Google maps
Looks like a mining operation to me. Peru has lots of resources and mines.
edit on 12/11/2010 by BrokenCar because: add link to map

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MavRck

Here's a screen shot:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b236759599fa.jpg[/atsimg]

To me it looks to be some sort of mine or quarry.

There are a lot of open pit mining in Peru. I haven't been able to find the exact one, but there are many within a few degrees of this location.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
That was my first thought... but pan south a little... and the crops look destroyed as well... if you actually use google earth and zoom ... it looks like everything in the area including the parking lot and cars are charred.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It does look like a mining operation... but what's with the state of the crops to the south east? look fairly ravaged...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Just looks like there was a fire to me, and I don't think I see anything wrong with the crops to the south.

Trust me -- if a nuke had gone off in peru, not many people wouldn't know.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I realize which community I surround myself with... however I have to reiterate that I thought it was a mining outfit... but wasn't sure...

I realize there wasn't a nuke... I know what the blast radius would be as well as relative damage and publicity it would hail.

Thanks guys for clearing that up!

new topics

top topics

join