It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Israelis Interrogating in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The suspended US Brigadier General at the heart of the Abu Ghraib prison scandal has claimed that Israeli security forces are operating in Iraq and taking part in interrogations of Iraqis.

news.bbc.co.uk
The US officer at the heart of the Abu Ghraib prison scandal says she has evidence that Israelis helped to interrogate Iraqis at another facility.
"I saw an individual there that I hadn't had the opportunity to meet before, and I asked him what did he do there, was he an interpreter - he was clearly from the Middle East," she said in the interview.
The BBC reporter, Matthew Grant, says that whatever the truth, these allegations could cause anger in the Arab world.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I actually have major problems with this story. There is so much that is wrong with it.
I don't believe that Karpinsky would give this statement unless she has been primed to give it. The US has the best interrogation experts in the world operating in Iraq already - it just doesn't need the Israelis. The UK are in the area and they are also experts at interrogation techniques.
Add to this the fact that the Israelis have denied the story whilst the US has yet to make a statement and I believe that there is a psy-op going on here. Although this isn't going to make major news in the West (the denial will be accepted) it is going to be massive news in the Middle East.
The question is, why would the US want the Arabs to believe that the Israelis are taking part in interrogations of Iraqis? They obviously want to link Israel to the invasion in some way. Why?

[edit on 7-4-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Just because US have people from other countries does not make it Israeli, the middle east is sourounded by many other countries. Don't think this administration will be so stupid as to bring Israelis in Iraq.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Don't tell me that you people are actually SURPRISED to find the Israeli Mossad actively interrogating/torturing "insurgent Iraqi" POWs in Iraq !

What do you think "Shock and Awe" stands for? Do you think the Bushies picked the name [Shock and Awe] totally at "random" ?

Well, think again.....

Here's a HINT: (think Heb: Operation "Shekinah" = Exodus : "fire by night and smoke by day").

When "the Babylonians" (i.e. Nebudchadrezzar etal.) burned down Solomon's Temple of YHWH in Jerusalem in 587 BC, cf: the Rabinnic Rabbot = "when the Babylonians burned the Temple down, the Shekinah lifted up from the Holy of Holies and ascended into Heaven: in the Last Days it shall descend again").

The right wing in Israel has waited 2500 years to pay Iraq back for the socalled Babylonian Exile. Fire by night (e.g. i.e. all the Night Bombings from 30,000 feet up in the air) and Smoke by Day (i.e. the Smoke ascending from the residual fires burning all night from the Nigh Bombings)

There is little wonder then that the Israeli "Mossad" is one of those groups over-seeing things during this so-called "War of Liberation".

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Amadeus, after reading your post I am now at doubt, you may be right, the way US and Israel have shown strong ties, and the way this president is showing his religious agenda I will have to agree with you.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Amadeus. That's my point - I don't think that the Israelis are involved but the US is going out of it's way to imply that they are.
The Shock and Awe/Shekinah link, the MOAB bomb and stories like the one above aren't designed for Western appreciation. They don't make big news here and it's only conspiracy theorists who really pick up on them.
But in the Arab countries it's an entirely different story. These innuendoes create massive news.

I don't believe that Israel is playing a major part in 9/11 or the invasion. I believe that the US is falsely implying to the Arabs through the media that they are though.

Perhaps the US administration is trying to take the heat off itself by subliminally implying that the whole War on Terror is a Jewish plot.

The religion aspect is too far out there in the logic stakes. Christianity and Judaism have never got on - their doctrines are miles apart. I don't see a Christian president furthering a Judaic religious policy. Rather I see a political use of Judaism by Christianity.

[edit on 4-7-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Leveller,

May be Israel is not fisically in Iraq, but have you seen the list of pro Israel that have help finance the careers of a lot of political candidates in US. the financial help is in the billions.
I mean about 82 billions.

www.washington-report.org...

And you think that It may be the US goverment trying to may them look bad, I will have to think about that one.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Take a look at that list again.

All of the big money went to the Democrats.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I see that both parties got fear sheare of the goods, maybe one more than the other one but still both parties got their hands in the cookie jar. Right?

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yes. But for the majority of the time the Republicans were in power and the Israelis were giving the lion's share of the funding to the oppostion.
I wouldn't have thought that this would make them too popular with the Bush administration.
If a Republican government is paying large sums to keep Israel afloat and most of that money is coming back to the Democrats would they really be that friendly to the Israelis? After all, it's basically US dollars returning - not Israeli money. It's like the Republicans have been buying their way out of power with the US tax dollar!!!

With the political situation in the Middle East being as it has for the last few decades, no US administration could afford to drop Israel. But what about if Iraq works out? What if it turns out to the US blueprint? Will the US really need Israel then? Israel has done nothing but cost the US money and trouble. Iraq will be self sustaining with it's oil reserves and should be acceptable to it's Arab neighbours. It will take over from Israel in supplying what little stability there is in the area and should be able to build on it.

Israel won't be needed, the money will dry up and it won't be able to meddle in US internal politics.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Everyone wants Iraq to be a democracy and I wish them well, but US the administration have some other dark side of all this oil busisness.

We have to see the history of the middle east countries and see if truly a democracy is going to work in Iraq, my oppinion? I think not.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:43 AM
link   
First of all U.S. PsyOps would never have leaked the story, that Israelis were interrogating prisoners at Abu Ghraib or other prisons. There's absolutely nothing to be gained by it,just creating problems because of Iraqi anger, knowing Israelis were involved in interrorgation or possiable torture. The reason Gen. Karpinski's allegations seem true, are because Jane's Intelligence, one of the worlds most respected intelligence agentcy
is reporting Shin Bet, an Israeli Security Service, was hired because of the
known shortage of arab speaking "interrorgators".So the notion we don't need any help because we have the best and didn't need help is pure disinformation. The problem was the NUMBER of Arab speakers, needed for
over 10,000 prisoners.
Not only has Janes Intelligence reported the fact, Israelis are in Iraq,the Guardian.com reported the same story. So it isn't just Gen Karpinski making
these allegations.So Obviously, this fact was not meant to be publicized,but for the Prison Scandal,it probably never would have.
Not only are Israelis (Shin Bet) Security, making money in Iraq, the Israeli oil Company SONOL, is selling gas in Iraq,by way of sub-contract with Haliburton.Interesting Israel that produces no oil itself, sells gas to U.S. troops. Another unreported fact NOT being reported in the U.S. media is
Israel has over 70 firms, doing business in iraq. Selling Bullet-Proof vests,
Cell Phones, even telephone booths.
The proof is everywhere except for the american press, that seems to be protecting Israeli interests in Iraq. Even the Israeli press writes about the
oil pipeline from Mosul to Haifa,i.e. the Jerusalem Post. Or you can go to
Iraqprocurement.com for info and PROOF of Israeli business in Iraq.
Another interesting fact is Israel ships all of their goods,throught Jordan
first and is Repackaged, there to hide shipping origin and removing all Hebrew on products.
The oil pipeline from Mosul,Iraq to Haifa,Israel will be Rebuilt,since it was
shut down in 1948. Benjamin Netanyahu is on record, bragging about getting cheap oil from Iraq.Since they get most of their oil from Russia.
One only knows, what will be the reaction of Iraqis, when they realize, their
puppet Govt. is selling oil to Israel,without any real input from the Iraqi people. We see the reaction now, explosions, sabatoge and resistance
to US occupation, so it will not be difficult to for Iraqis to realize, their oil,
THEIR oil, was planned before the Invasion, to be a windfall for the State of Israel.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Firstly, most Jewish voters go Democrat and secondly please learn the distinction between Jewish and Israeli. Thanks.

Just because Jews in America donate money to politicians (as do most other groups) doesn't mean there's some evil web spun by Israel involved. Don't spoil the thread, thanks.

top topics

join