It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Madoff son found dead in NYC apartment

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Wait, isn't our whole economy a Ponzi scheme? How come only this man is being prosecuted? And not our fed reserve or the banks that created fake money? This is questionable.

Yes it is. You are right, and Madoff is a small-time crook compared to the mafias who run things.

But all crimes must be investigated, great and small. It doesn't matter if we are talking about mass murder in wars of aggression or a simple murder in a home. We must always stand for justice against perpetrators, for honesty against lies, truth against terror, wherever it comes.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Is just a warning, the mafia is waiting for Madoff to be released then he will be found death of a "accident or suicide", or missing in action.

But rest assure the government wants to know where is all the money that is missing also.

Sadly more family members will be meeting the "suicide and accident curse" that will be hitting his family.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The first thing the crossed my mind was. "It has begun", maybe people are finally done putting up with this crap. Then I realized I spend far to much time on ats

Now if Bernie gets to go to the funeral and then somehow the real Bernie never goes back or escapes. That would me something!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandhi
reply to post by thecinic

Yeah, because money determines happiness and mental health......

Actually it can and does in certain facets.
If your born without any money and grew up without any, it might not have said effect on an individual.
If your born with a silver spoon, and grew up with everything, losing it may have a negative effect on ones psyche.
Now where it can and does effect people's mental health, is if they earned it themselves through hard work, solid investments and long hours; and then lose it all.
I fall into the latter category. I was born to a family with hard working parents and although did not have the world in my toy box, I was spoiled. As I grew up, I worked hard to achieve the same kind of stability as my parents achieved. I ended up achieving exactly what my father did. I did this through real estate and proper investments. I grew accustomed to a certain lifestyle. About 4 years ago, when the housing market took the hit, I lost over the course of a year and half everything I made and more.
My mental health degraded profoundly. Due to this, my happiness also withered away.
Now, I am a strong person. After I wallowed in my despair for a lengthy time, during which suicide did in fact enter my head. When I realized the self pity and a world of 'what if's' was not going to fix my problem, I took it as a challenge to get back to where I was and push forward even further.
I am not where I was yet, but I have a desire to bounce back.
One thing that I learned was empathy. I now, donate free time to help less fortunate out. I volunteer at food drives, often bring the homeless clothing and food and try to be a better person all around to society than I ever was before.
Bottom line. Yes money can play an important role in ones mental health. One just has to be strong enough to deal with the adversity and keep a positive attitude. Not everyone is built that way.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

Except they only keep going after the small fish to avert our attention.
edit on 11-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: sp

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just because a person is born without and grows up without money doesn't mean that not having it doesn't effect them. As anyone who grew up poor and struggled with crappy paying jobs and live a good portion of their lives without good medical care and dental care and always living in crappy houses... ask them if they don't feel effected by it. I promise you, many do it. They may seem to have adjusted to their low standard of living but the "wear" is deep and ingrained and it has changed them so much that one might think that is simply how they are. They know better. They may even say they know how to survive on nothing, that's it's what they've always known... but that is still reflecting a contrast from another possibility and they know this. They know more than anyone how going without has shaped them, and despite that it's who they are... they will always know it could have been different behind all the layers of pride.

My family struggled, yet I had a lot more than some. I went without some things I needed, but I always tried to avoid the feeling of being the lowest of low. No one should have to feel that status and money has set them apart... made them a lesser creature, undeserving of lovely things and a good life, but many do feel that way... especially amidst a social dived... like having to go to same schools where kids who have money go. many of them will have deep rooted issues all of their lives because of that... issues that permeate into many different areas of life.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
i think he felt the hammer about to drop and the f.b.i and law enforcement didn't do to much to convince him otherwise.

if the mafia was behind it they wouldn't make it look like a suicide, he would have just disappeared.

but then again his father could have unknowingly ripped off a third party acting on behalf of the mafia and now they were putting pressure on his son to pay up.

i believe they are broke, there's know way you can retrieve that kind of money without someone knowing.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If Madoff is allowed out for the funeral then its all planned and he will

"disappear" without a trace.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Madoff, the DOD connection to retain the Empire.

The United Nations made America cut Palau loose. Part of the deal is America was giving Palau +$20 million annually to put into a Trust Fund of their own to live off of once we finally let them go. Palau had one of it's citizens attend some financial college to learn how to invest and lived a life of smoking weed and going on the internet investing the funds occasionally. They had all their money into Madoff's scheme.

When Palau lost their entire Trust Fund they were mad. Their last payment from the United States was supposed to be September 2009. Palau demanded $200 million from the United States or "they will find a new friend". They actually threatened our State Department if they don't get reimbursed for what they lost, they will side with CHINA.

Barrack gave them $250 million, he promised to keep giving them free money every year until 2034, thus securing Palau for many more decades into our Empire....they weren't set loose.

Not long ago the Army Corps of Engineers had a Korean company build a super highway connecting the islands in Palau. The locals met with the military and asked why such heavily constructed roads/bridges were used when they all have tiny cars...the military's response...."the road wasn't built for you...it was built for our missile launchers".

So now Palau knows why they were robbed, why they won't be set free...and that they are all going to die when China strikes them in self defense if it can.

The Madoff scam was a front for something else, retaining global presence and taking down China. Multiply the Palau story to all the others that were robbed, then analyze what "turf" America retained control over it otherwise was going to lose.

edit on 11-12-2010 by Pervius because: spellin

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicorette

Yes well what can you say....maybe he killed himself...he had to know what was going on and he definately got his share...if he killed himself it was because he knew he was going to jail...if he was murdered it was because he was willing to dob as many in as possible on his way down....These people who have obtained this sickening wealth through evil all fall on their swords as soon as it begins to crumble...they all turn on each other...you should all remember that....

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
If he isnt a part of the problem now (which I highly doubt), then he is sure to rise up later in life and continue his fathers work, one less rich bastard to come back and try this crap again, he just saved us the time of putting the rope around his neck ourselves down the road.

@ he was having trouble landing a job in the financial district............to damn funny

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I am very happy to hear this news, you made my day

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2   >>

join