It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chavez opens his palace to Venezuelan homeless

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

With all do respect, why are you calling me out on what I said? We are talking about Chavez and how he opened his home to victims of a natural disaster. I gave my views about it, and something he has done recently that raised alarms for me. They are my views and you can disagree.

However, it is immaterial about where I am from, and how it should influence the way I see things? It does not, and I would like to think of myself as an independent thinker on topics like this and others. If you want to poke sticks about this, that, and everything else, by all means do so. I would love to see you open up "Godwin's Pandoras Box," about the laws of the US, Europe, and Nazi Germany. By all means, enlighten us. You would not be the first to do so.

There are things that Chavez has done that I flatly disagree with. If you see him as a great man or something, great! We can agree to disagree on something. It is great that he opened up his palatial estate to the downtrodden, but what strings are attached to this gesture of kindness? That is something people should look at. On the surface it looks good, but is there an ulterior motive behind this and other things he has done?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I like to see this type of interaction from leaders and the people the lead. He has goodness within him

2nd

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

You dont get it ha ?
It's not about hidden propaganda or what is Chavez in this thread ,it is about the act himself
Politicians are public servants to us.Who will argue if Obama open White House for some homeless,or like anti -move Svarceneger open public kitchen in L.A in some part of city hall etc etc.Imagine the competition with two major parties will be not with some useless tv show debates but with good REAL acts.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Wish I could see this act as you and Zamini see it. Perhaps, I am to pessimistic? No one does anything without something in return. That is how see acts like this and others. The act alone is great and a breath of fresh air. However, people should be on guard at all times when dealing with charismatic leaders like Chavez and others. There have been people that have gone before him and have done the same things. In most cases, things started off well, but have ended badly. Hopefully, I am wrong about Chavez, but there is something about him that seems odd?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
you know,im venezuelan.
After 12 years in office, you would think all those homeless people would have shelters or you know, better homes. But instead he has bought tanks, weapons and other bull turds.
Yeah a great leader.
Keep it up smart ones.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by metodex

I'm not venezuelan, so here's an honest question:

- Things were(would be) better 12 years ago?

Answer honestly, specially if you are not sure yourself.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hope a tree falls on his tent with him in it

posted on Dec, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sator

oh,way better.
Life was cheaper,not like living in a first world country,but yes,cheaper.
More opportunities,take my example,im 22 and my girl and i couldn't move together if we worked 2 jobs each.My parents had to do some sacrifices but she and my dad managed it.and both were studying medicine,not an easy choice.
Society wasn't as divided. Chavista vs Opposition,no middle term.
Not a smany political prisoners,the armed forces were quite a bit more respectful,although they've always been crap.
I could go on forever.
SO the anwer is: YES,in all aspects.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by metodex

Very interesting response.

I have a few friends and mates living in Venezuela (some are brazillian, some are venezuelan), and what they tell me is exactly the opposite of what you are saying. They keep saying that it's a bit easier to do things nowdays, and that the people at least have hope now, something they seemed to have lost in the past. They (my friends) aren't near as political as people on ATS (including you and me), but what they tell me is that the opposition keep bashing the government only because they (opposition) lost political and economical power, which was the main problem to start with.

So I think you hit the nail on the head with the "social division" thing: Chavista vs Opposition.

Last question:

Are you a Chavista or Opposition?

PS.: I am honestly trying to understand this situation, in no way I'm advocating/defending one group or another.
It's just something an old history teacher once taught me: "If they talk too much good stuff or too much bad stuff about something/someone, it's probably not true."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join