It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do finds of ancient evidence get buried totally while ridiculously impossible histories get play

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
reply to post by CayceFan

harte lost a debate on another thread
he is beating up on you because of that
sorry for him

Beating? lol poor choice of words. I didn't feel he made much of an argument!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I meant beating in the figurative symbolic sense
LOL
i thought you were doing fine.
I found your posts most interesting and I think others have too...

I guess Cayce himself is an anomaly.
He beat the doctors in court when they tried to debunk him
because he cured many more people than they did
and kept better records than they did too

edit on 12-12-2010 by Danbones because: atrocious typing spelling etc

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Ha! Thanks!

Cayce is certainly interesting. I dont know a lot about his readings of the medical nature. I find the Atlantis and Pyramid readings fascinating though.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

if you are looking for a needle in a haystack and you quit after the first couple of pieces of straw where are you?

What needle? At the moment you just have a bunch of hay.

If you think there is a needle in there somewhere then find it and show us.

As you said: you only need one to be right. At the moment your score stands at zero.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

sorry for him

I have never lost any debate on ATS.

In fact, there's been no actual debate on ATS, other than in the "Debate" section.

Why do finds of ancient evidence get buried totally while ridiculously impossible histories get play?

Since you offer absolutely no evidence that what you stated as fact above is in the least bit factual (in truth, it is complete hogwash,) then anyone who reads it can only assume it's a rant and not a valid question.

Harte
edit on 12/13/2010 by Harte because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/13/2010 by Harte because: back on topic

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Really?

Then why was he convicted?

Harte

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I cant seem to figure out how to quote and post correctly (I'm new here) sorry. I have underlined my comments below.

Originally posted by Harte

sorry for him

I have never lost any debate on ATS.

In fact, there's been no actual debate on ATS, other than in the "Debate" section.

"Debate" according to dictionary.com 1. a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints: a debate in the Senate on farm price supports. 2. a formal contest in which the affirmative and negative sides of a proposition are advocated by opposing speakers. 3. deliberation; consideration. 4. Archaic . strife; contention. –verb (used without object) 5. to engage in argument or discussion, as in a legislative or public assembly: When we left, the men were still debating. 6. to participate in a formal debate. 7. to deliberate; consider: I debated with myself whether to tell them the truth or not. 8. Obsolete . to fight; quarrel. –verb (used with object) 9. to argue or discuss (a question, issue, or the like), as in a legislative or public assembly: They debated the matter of free will. 10. to dispute or disagree about: The homeowners debated the value of a road on the island. 11. to engage in formal argumentation or disputation with (another person, group, etc.): Jones will debate Smith. Harvard will debate Princeton. 12. to deliberate upon; consider: He debated his decision in the matter. 13. Archaic . to contend for or over.

FatherLukeDuke stated in a previous post: "If I pick up a newspaper and the front page has howlers like claiming India is a small country in Africa and the Prime Minister of the UK is Justin Bieber; I'm not going to continue reading the whole paper in the hope that they get one thing right. I'll just chuck it" Using his logic.... After reading your ridiculous claim as to having never lost a debate on even engaging in a debate here on ATS I would stop reading now and just "Chuck it"

Why do finds of ancient evidence get buried totally while ridiculously impossible histories get play?

Since you offer absolutely no evidence that what you stated as fact above is in the least bit factual (in truth, it is complete hogwash,) then anyone who reads it can only assume it's a rant and not a valid question.

For the umpteen time; Why do you waste your time reading and posting in threads that you have labeled as complete hogwash? I really would like to know. Here is your chance to really enlighten us.

CayceFan
edit on 13-12-2010 by CayceFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

Really?

Then why was he convicted?

Harte

Are you referring to practicing medicine without a license? Yes, I believe you are.

I'm not sure there was ever a conviction, there may have been (it isn't relevant). Being convicted for practicing medicine without a license doesn't make you any less of a "prophet" does it? If anything, it only reinforces the impact he must have made on those around him. All that proves is that he wasn't a doctor. I think we all knew that already. Makes you wonder why President Woodrow Wilson sought out his help doesn't it?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CayceFan
For the umpteen time; Why do you waste your time reading and posting in threads that you have labeled as complete hogwash? I really would like to know. Here is your chance to really enlighten us.

I'm not gonna speak for Harte, but I'm going to respond on my own behalf...Why do I bother?

Because issues come up of which I have some knowledge and I wish to share that. This site really is all about sharing...I learn from others, and perhaps others may learn from me, and that's how we collectively deny ignorance.

I'll see a line of conjecture laid out that may be terrifically entertaining, but if it is patently false, I'm going to pipe up. Why? Because the real story is generally better AND one that can be acted upon. There is so much opportunity out there that it's a shame to restrict ones self to wading in poo.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Great topic. There have aslo been stashes of copper found in holes along the great lake waterways. Just like the stashes that have been dug up for years along the rivers in Europe. This stuff would be dug up and then stored for pickup/trade to ships comming up the rivers every so often. I have a map of the larger European stashes found along the rivers of France, Germany ect.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

That is a great answer and quite admirable.

Sometimes its presentation that means the most when trying to help others "deny ignorance." If that were truly the mission of some (I'm not referring to you or anyone in particular) the approach taken doesn't make for optimal results.

Having said that - no one here has convinced me that today's history books are correct. I guess in the eyes of the believers I'll remain ignorant!!! I'm ok with that.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

reply to post by HIStory Indeed

thanks for adding that title to the thread

there are some really well researched books out there
the forbidden archealogist is one
paul white has some good stuff too

After 5,000 years Australia’s Amazing Hieroglyphs still struggle for recognition ! Because this site is NON-ABORIGINAL - the Aussie Government still fails to protect it. Leading Australian researcher Paul White brings us this astounding story and translations of the Egyptian hieroglyphs found in New South Wales….

members.ozemail.com.au...

well so much for controvercy
Please be aware that below is the original unedited webpage as placed in 1998 - this is a transcript copy of an article that has since been proven largely incorrect. So please, just view this page as something of a time-capsule. Go back to members.ozemail.com.au... for more details.

edit on 11-12-2010 by Danbones because: added rebutal of find to post just for fun

Yes the egyptians got around. All over the world in their what 2000 year old kingdom. And what they never sent out any expeditions or established trade on the high seas? Bull#.
edit on 13-12-2010 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

which is a good list of supposed anomolies

is that not a good list of SUPPOSED anomolies?
prove to me that it is not a good list of supposed anomolies Harte
the few on the list theat are hoaxes certainly prove what I said in the OP
Supposed
english is not your first launguage?
edit on 13-12-2010 by Danbones because: fixed quote

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

The Ojibway here still have copper from Manitoulin island,
THEY say it was a trade article.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

After 5,000 years Australia’s Amazing Hieroglyphs still struggle for recognition ! Because this site is NON-ABORIGINAL - the Aussie Government still fails to protect it. Leading Australian researcher Paul White brings us this astounding story and translations of the Egyptian hieroglyphs found in New South Wales….

People have been observed carving those fake hieroglyphs.

The glyphs themselves don't even meet the requirements of a first year Egyptology Hieroglyphics course (the ones that aren't gibberish, that is.)

No, the Egyptians never made it any farther than Punt. And they didn't stop bragging about that for hundreds of years.

Harte

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

She discovered that the body of Henut Taui contained large quantities of coc aine and nicotine. The surprise was not just that the ancient Egyptians had taken drugs, but that these drugs come from tobacco and coca, plants completly unknown outside the Americas, unheard of until Sir Walter Raleigh introduced smoking from the New World, or until coc aine was imported in the Victorian era.

As the inventor of groundbreaking new methods for the detection of drugs in hair and sweat, she was highly respected in her field. Dr Balabanova took samples from the mummies, which she pulverised and dissolved to make a solution. As she'd done countless times before, she ran the samples through a system which uses antibodies to detect the presence of drugs an other substances. Then as a backup the samples were put through the GCMS machine which can accurately identify substances by determining their molecular weight. As the graph emerged with peaks showing that drugs were present, and as the printer spewed out the analysis of just which drugs, something seemed to have gone very wrong.

druglibrary.org...

you say and hearsay Harte
yeah they called in the columbian cartels for a delivery

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

She discovered that the body of Henut Taui contained large quantities of coc aine and nicotine. The surprise was not just that the ancient Egyptians had taken drugs, but that these drugs come from tobacco and coca, plants completly unknown outside the Americas

Is it not easier to presume a previously unknown Old World presence of tobacco and coca in ancient Egypt, than it is to suggest the Egyptians came to North America? Not as neat a story, but like they say, when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. (and frankly, I don't see any reason to be surprised that ancient Egyptians took drugs for fun)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

reply to post by Harte

She discovered that the body of Henut Taui contained large quantities of coc aine and nicotine. The surprise was not just that the ancient Egyptians had taken drugs, but that these drugs come from tobacco and coca, plants completly unknown outside the Americas

Is it not easier to presume a previously unknown Old World presence of tobacco and coca in ancient Egypt, than it is to suggest the Egyptians came to North America? Not as neat a story, but like they say, when you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras. (and frankly, I don't see any reason to be surprised that ancient Egyptians took drugs for fun)

Presume? What? I thought proof was what you were preaching. I didn't know presumptions were allowed.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

"Debate" according to dictionary.com 1. a discussion, as of a public question in an assembly, involving opposing viewpoints: a debate in the Senate on farm price supports. 2. a formal contest in which the affirmative and negative sides of a proposition are advocated by opposing speakers. 3. deliberation; consideration. 4. Archaic . strife; contention. –verb (used without object) 5. to engage in argument or discussion, as in a legislative or public assembly: When we left, the men were still debating. 6. to participate in a formal debate. 7. to deliberate; consider: I debated with myself whether to tell them the truth or not. 8. Obsolete . to fight; quarrel. –verb (used with object) 9. to argue or discuss (a question, issue, or the like), as in a legislative or public assembly: They debated the matter of free will. 10. to dispute or disagree about: The homeowners debated the value of a road on the island. 11. to engage in formal argumentation or disputation with (another person, group, etc.): Jones will debate Smith. Harvard will debate Princeton. 12. to deliberate upon; consider: He debated his decision in the matter. 13. Archaic . to contend for or over.

FatherLukeDuke stated in a previous post: "If I pick up a newspaper and the front page has howlers like claiming India is a small country in Africa and the Prime Minister of the UK is Justin Bieber; I'm not going to continue reading the whole paper in the hope that they get one thing right. I'll just chuck it" Using his logic.... After reading your ridiculous claim as to having never lost a debate on even engaging in a debate here on ATS I would stop reading now and just "Chuck it."

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Logarock

The Ojibway here still have copper from Manitoulin island,
THEY say it was a trade article.

And as you know copper has been dug up in mounds all over north america and yet they say that the total found in america doesnt beginn to make up for the amount missing from the known copper mines.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join