It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS now seems to be a pro Anarchist board ??? what is that all about ...?????

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
it is our sworn duty to protect our Constitution, and to crush anyone who violates our god given right as free men, that's been written in the blood of our forefathers, and anything less IS treason to our freedom and our constitution.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

wow, you are right.

what people should really be doing is writing letters to their M.P.'s and asking really nicely for them to ask the governments if it is o.k. if we can have our freedoms backs, and if it is O.K. if they would please tell us the truth about certain things etc etc.

the whole reason their has been generations of inaction is because this is what people were doing and it made no difference, in fact things have just got worse.

so please tell me, if writing letters, complaining, having debates, and peaceful protest does nothing but allow those in charge to keep ignoring people, and keep doing things that makes the public angry, what is left to do to make them listen? to make them take people(of all classes, not just the rich) seriously?

nothing has ever changed without a few smashed windows. there are many examples throughout history. please give us an example of a peaceful protest that ended in the government backing down or changing their view?
edit on 11-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
what people should really be doing is writing letters to their M.P.'s and asking really nicely for them to ask the governments if it is o.k. if we can have our freedoms backs, and if it is O.K. if they would please tell us the truth about certain things etc etc.

What people do is vote for a candidate in their constituency who they feel will best represent their views, if elected.

This is what people do, and it happened in May 2010.

The people who kick up a fuss ( like in London ) are fascist scumbags, who aren't interested in what the majority of people wanted, and who ignore the democratic process, because the people didn't vote for the candidates that they wanted.

The rioters are a minority of fascists, and will never represent the true voice of people in the UK, the people being renowned for fairness and playing with a straight bat.

the whole reason their has been generations of inaction is because this is what people were doing and it made no difference, in fact things have just got worse.

Please try and look at things objectively, and not slanted with your own wishful thinking

What you say is complete nonsense.

The reason that generations have been ''inactive'', is due to advancements in technology, the introduction of a welfare safety net, and a general increase in living standards.

Once that reaches a plateau, then the ''me, me, me'' crowd might get a bit irate, because they can't afford the latest games console ''on the house''. ie. Paid for by the State.

Please don't delude yourself in to believing that 'social disorder' is any more prevalent nowadays. It's down to the internet and 24-hour news stations, that make it appear so.

While it's slightly more unusual for 'unrest' in the UK, it used to be far more prevalent on the Continent, and far more serious, long before the days of the internet.

The recent actions in France were, frankly, pathetic, and extremely half-arsed - before the 'protesters' slinked away to their wretched State-dependent lives once more, having achieved absolutely nothing - just as the UK 'protesters' have done.

Guess what ? The Bill regarding increases in tuition fees got passed, and will come in to force in the near future.
Democratic process 1 Fascist rioters 0.

so please tell me, if writing letters, complaining, having debates, and peaceful protest does nothing but allow those in charge to keep ignoring people, and keep doing things that makes the public angry, what is left to do to make them listen? to make them take people(of all classes, not just the rich) seriously?

I'm sorry to have to spell this out for you, but you vote in the General Elections for a representative, just as everybody else does.

If the people elect representatives that support and advocate polices that you disagree with, then that is just tough.

The people have spoken, just as they did in May 2010. If you are upset about your particular MP's conduct or voting record, then you should have a word with him.

Otherwise, please stop crying about it. This is the real world; you don't always get your own way.

nothing has ever changed without a few smashed windows. there are many examples throughout history. please give us an example of a peaceful protest that ended in the government backing down or changing their view?

Don't be ridiculous.

Just about every change in recent times has occurred without smashed windows.

There are many examples throughout history of attitudes changing by killing, raping and subjugating those who are against you - this doesn't justify killing, raping and subjugating people to get your own way, does it ?

Get a grip, man.

edit on 11-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by aliengenes
it is our sworn duty to protect our Constitution, and to crush anyone who violates our god given right as free men, that's been written in the blood of our forefathers, and anything less IS treason to our freedom and our constitution.

Of course, the Founding Fathers who thought that it was acceptable to 'own' another human being as property.

They are exactly the sort of people that you want to be listening to, aren't they ?!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What we see on ATS isn't anarchy. It's knee jerk reaction and hyperbole based upon limited understanding of life. It's rhetoric served up by the "See! I am so cool... and I so fit in with popular trends!" crowd.

Real anarchy takes work. Typing on an Internet bulletin board does not. Notice that none of our home fried "Patriots" are putting their proverbial guns where their mouths are. Right?

In 2012 chances are a white Republican will most likely enter into the White House and this will all cease.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

I'm sorry to have to spell this out for you, but you vote in the General Elections for a representative, just as everybody else does.

If the people elect representatives that support and advocate polices that you disagree with, then that is just tough.

Elections are a racket, a dupe, a fraud, a diversion, a scam, a ruse, a ploy, a sham. Didn't you get the memo? Your "vote" means nothing. Get a grip and WAKE UP.

edit on 12/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: ruse ploy sham

edit on 12/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: wrong poster credited, my bad

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Elections are a racket, a dupe, a fraud, a diversion, a scam. Didn't you get the memo? Your "vote" means nothing. Get a grip and WAKE UP.

No they're not.

The only people who say that, are sore losers who don't want to accept that the majority of people don't agree with their left-field views.

The people have spoken, as we did in the last UK elections, which is why we've got the government that we have now.

If you don't like it, then tough. The democratic process will always win through against a tiny minority of sad-act agitators.

By the way, the quoted section that you posted was by me, and not ''lifeform11''.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

The world is run by a small group of anonymous Latin American meat packing glitteratti. Out of a small office in Switzerland.

(an original line by Roger Waters with extrapolation and additions by me)

edit on 12/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: clarification

edit on 12/11/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: punctuation

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Anarchists on ATS ? Oh my Gawd !
www.youtube.com...
They're good song writers though

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think I posted that thread you are referring to. Well it was some awesome riot footage. lol.

As far as anarchist I think that term gets a bad wrap.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
As much as the whole "Yay, some pig got his head stomped by his own horse" type posts are insensitive almost to the point of inhuman, if nothing else their presence here does reduce ignorance - you get to see what other people with radically different viws to yourself (claim to) think about current events. As much as this may not be an impartial presentation of the news, the very tone with which it is delivered is itself very informative, if not in a hugely promising way.

I'm not saying that the students should not have been protesting, and I'm not condoning what (a tiny minority of) the students, their co-rioters or the police did, or even the manner in which some people have put across the information, but it is always useful to know what other people think.

reply to post by davespanners

Is it wrong that the prospect of burning Prince Charles next 5.11 makes me almost want to be an anarchist?

I don't know why, I just dread the day that we have him on the coins instead of his mother.

As much as the democratic process is responsible for our current government, if you think back to the UK elections the only truly tiny minority was the BNP(well, there were others, but that Nick Griffin has absolutely no say in how this country is run was the one that most relieved me)... in fact, there wasn't actually a majority until Nick Clegg and Davey-Boy became bosom pals.

edit on 11/12/2010 by TheWill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

It's a shame that the kicked dog is biting back?????

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

where have you been living all this time, yes people vote for who they think best reflects their interest, however once in office they backtrack, it was all lies to get in, people then get angry and revolt, that is what you are seeing in london.

do people not have a right to fight for what they believe in and were promised?

by your logic, those who fought for womens rights were fascists, those who fought against poll tax were fascists, what you think is people should just accept anything the politicians say because somebody voted for them.

they get in on 30% of the vote for a start most of the time, that means lots of people did not vote for them.
regardless if politicians said that they were going to start abolishing peoples rights at work, what you are saying is people should accept it because that government was voted in, and anybody who is against it is a fascist.

sorry you have flawed logic. your logic is how facists get in, because nobody challenges them and let them do what they want.
edit on 11-12-2010 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lastrebel

Anarchy, The Mother of Order. No God, No Government. Sounds good to me, of course it would rely on a level of personal responsibility, that some may not be able to embrace. When people regain their sense of individual and community power and take it off the grey suits faraway in govt then we shall truly live in a world based on the principles of anarchy and the natural order of humanity.

Australian Aboriginal people lived succesfully without a god or govt for more tha 40,000 years in an often hostile environment. If you really want to know what happens when you remove people from their natural order then i suggest you study whats happened to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people of Australia when civilisation was forced apon them.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Your born into a game they want you to play. If you don't comply your a failure. Foolish words from useless people.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
What some call Anarchy... others may call protecting ones freedoms

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

ATS has a population of contributors. Just state your truth and argue your point. Are you so scared of dissenting opinions? Frankly IMHO there are worse opinions than those of anarchists on ATS but so what? I just state my case sometimes gently, sometimes causticaly.

I supported the students but would not have threatened Charlie and his Nag nor attacked the working people who make up the Police.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I thought this was a form that welcomes diffrent views and thoughts. I find your post insulting OP and my attorney will be contacting you in regards to this matter.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by usmob

The problem is, as you say......responsability. People have been brainwashed......or maybe they are just lazy......into believing that they cannot survive without big brother loving arms around them, and in their pockets and lately up their skirts and down there pants. Even if they are ok surely those OTHER people need to be watched.We must be protected from all those pot smokers, gamblers, hookers, people whithout liscense plates or who let their grass grow too high........probably too stoned to mow.

I personally would not run out raping, killing and looting if there was no law at all and neither would the VAST majority.......kinda makes you wonder about whats really on the minds of those that think EVERYONE would

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Who are the anarchists?
The ones that purposely destabilize the world for profit, or the ones that want to destabilize the destabilizers for no profit?

Who are the anarchists?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join