It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychic abilities and interconscious states

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Psychic abilities and interconscious states

For some time already, I have been doing a research about what people call psychic ablilities. These include ESP (= extra sensory percetion), TK (= telekinesis), to mention few.

Quantitative experiments in past has shown some significant coincidence between hypnosis and ESP. If you are unfamiliar with these experiments, take a look for example into the publications of Prof. J.B Rhine. Although Rhine’s experiments were criticized by sceptics like M. Gardner, one has to acknowledge that when conducting such experiments, all the participants have effect on the outcome of experiments. In practice this means that people who are tested and those who conduct the tests, all have different characteristics that can affect the outcome; for this reason these kind of experiments can rarely by duplicated in laboratory environments and otherwise.

Besides of my own experiences on the phenomena, I will refer to Jarl Fahler's book Parapsychology, which few decades old publication on researches he conducted with researchers like Rhine and Cadoret. According to Fahler, they conducted series of well controlled scientific experiments on various people. These experiments where Fahler was personally involved regarded ESP and TK mainly.

Fahler noticed that when people were hypnotized, their ESP capabilities showed rather significant statistical increase. This is also my own experience. I have not been on hypnosis, but I think that hypnosis is a state very similar to which one can achieve by meditation and sleep. It is a state where one is in connection with unconsciousness and less affected by conscious personality. In this state, the functions of our mind are not controlled by will, but rather by autonomous processes of unconsciousness.

I have written several inquiries on the topic explaining the interconscious states, so I will not go further in details in here, but instead I give reader few links which one can review if not familiar with the concept:

About unification of consciousness'

About ESP (Clairaudience and -voyance)

About astral and the effect of consciousness.

It is very difficult to explain comprehensively and in satisfying manner how – for exampe – the ESP really works. But certainly it has something to do with suppressing the conscious effort and reduction of ego processes of the mind. I think analogy with radio is not far fetched. We may be able to tune in some frequencies in which we are capable to receive certain signals. Do these signals originate from unconsciousness or some kind of ether is hard to say. Of course, many creeds and religious dogmas explain these phenomena’s from a metaphysical perspective, contributing their origin on rather fantastic factors. Yet I am somewhat certain, that these metaphysical explanations, while explaining something, are at best misleading and not necessarily truthful. However, religions are not the point of this thread, so I don’t go further in that.

Either I don’t want to claim that explanations offered here are necessarily accurate and people are free to disagree. However I want to emphasize that my own experiences with ESP have pretty much convinced me about their existence. And perhaps due my own experimental approach, I may give some insight to those people who are looking to experience it as well. My observations are, that best way to achieve these experiences are those interconscious states, that may be produced through meditation, lucid dreaming, dream interpretation, ego dissolution etc. The last I think is important because if you have strong ego(s), your ESP experiences are most likely affected by it; painting the experience with colours of fantasy and wishes. In my opinion, this explains the various types false predictions and other fantasies that are so plenty amongst people.

In above threads I linked, I’ve presented some theories and methods to gain state of interconsciousness and at least for me they have worked. Of course, there are so many type of people with varying characteristics, so that what may be good for me is bad for someone else. However I tend to think, that theories and methods presented, are expressed in such general level, that everyone can apply to their favourite methods.

To sum up something, I tend to think that the link between our consciousnesses’ is the key. Also, in the end, I’d like to repeat the characteristics generalized by Fahler, which may be beneficial in attaining such experiences. 1) The trust on the existence of ESP. 2) outward orientated personality (extraverted) and 3) self-confidence.

That’s about it I had to share for now.

-v
edit on 11-12-2010 by v01i0 because: 2345

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I like your term "interconscious". It sounds Jungian. I also like your comments about psy abilities working when "you don't use conscious effort to make them work". The radio reference is particularly good except in radio you listen to one frequency at a time. Maybe in our subconscious and unconscious realms we can "listen to a "range" of frequencies at the same time. I don't think a strong Ego is a problem in the sense that if we train ourselves to sublimate our Egos in the Buddist sense it fades into the background. It becomes a matter of pure consciousness at this level. In radio there is a term, QRM, which means interference. It seems that if the interference is high it would become more difficult to hone into the information we desire to recieve. Modern radio recievers have intermediate frequency filtering and digital signal processing which filters out interference to a degree, but once our brains are trained to filter out interference, it does a much better job of filtering than any kind of man-made filter can do. I also think that some of us have more natural abilities in this area than others posess. Hence, the natural psychic. Some of these people are quite unsophisticated, so it isn't a matter of intelligence, education, or erudation. On the other hand, some people can train themselves somewhat in these methods. I see a lot of this as being a combination of the logical and the intuitive. Many would say these two things cannot be mixed, but I believe they can. There is a book by Arthur Koestler, "The Roots of Coincidence" that discusses a lot of his ideas about these concepts you would find very interesting.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by deadred

Thanks for your thoughts.

I have indeed derived the "Interconscious" from Jungian psychology, although I am not sure whether he used the term or not. I started to reflect my own experiences in light of Jung's theories, and I found them resonating with my thoughts and experiences.

I guess that the "ego" ain't big problem in deep hypnosis, but it may pose a significant problem if you try to achieve these things without hypnosis and aid of some professional. Strong egoes may affect the experiences we have, altering them or even falsifying them as nonesense or hallusinations. It depends on the type of ego.

I guess that the "intelligence" is also important thing, but I am not refering to the intelligence how we understand it nowadays. One can be pretty intelligent even if one cannot read, do maths and know history. Intelligence is more like quality of mind. I use intelligence here in the original meaning. Intelligence derives from two latin words "Inter" (between) and "legere" (read), so intelligence here means capability to read between (the lines) so to speak. So you can pick up more from messages that it appears to contain.

Intelligent people can combine the information relayed to us from our different senses. Plus intelligent is able to interpret the messages of the unconscious. As I explained in one of the threads I linked in the OP, our unconscious can pick up stimuli far greater in detail than our consciousness.

And yes I agree what you said about interference. It is absolutely important to minimize all interference, both external and internal. Internal here refers to the ego and it's goals and aspirations.

Thanks for the quality thoughts and also for the reading tip. I've never read that, so perhaps I should if I can find it.

-v

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
I guess that the "intelligence" is also important thing, but I am not refering to the intelligence how we understand it nowadays. One can be pretty intelligent even if one cannot read, do maths and know history. Intelligence is more like quality of mind. I use intelligence here in the original meaning. Intelligence derives from two latin words "Inter" (between) and "legere" (read), so intelligence here means capability to read between (the lines) so to speak. So you can pick up more from messages that it appears to contain.

Intelligent people can combine the information relayed to us from our different senses. Plus intelligent is able to interpret the messages of the unconscious.

That is quite brilliant, and I am therefore going to keep it. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I just don't see how the intuitive faculties can be excluded from an accurate analysis of this kind of information. The OP mentioned the importance of balance in the brain that is required in order to achieve such knowledge. Isn't that still true? I like to use a term "extra-rational" thinking to describe the synthesis of both sides of the brain in this process. In many ways, we are talking about conclusions that would seem to indicate the process is done not with just pure intellect or logic. It may well be a kind of parallel processing, but I would bet large dollars the right hemisphere plays an equal part to the logical, organized method found in the left brain hemisphere. Insight is logical, but not completely, IMO.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by deadred

Yeah, accurate precognition or ESP requires more than logical and rational thinking. Of course logics can be useful, especially when dealing with the issues that are pretty well known. But when dealing with intuitional issues, logics may come useless or even hindering.

I liked the term "extra-rational".. Another one might be "pararational". But in essence, both implies into thought proceses that transcent mere logical thinking. Logics are kinda tied to the experiences and concept we have about reality and it's nature - they are based on judgements. But if we leave all judgmenents behind, and observe without it, we might actually be able to see more..

-v

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
A great thread S+F. Meditation does increase both abilities and connections interconsciously (made up word but it fits).....
A metaphor, a description which describes the true complete silent state................
Jumping out of a plane with no parachute
No ground to fall on, no fear, no sound, no wind not anything.
Free falling..........
One of my many results of shutting off everything.
In my quiet state..... then from nowhere Wham!! You find you are present looking at a form sitting in meditation, in the middle of a giant amazing light.
You'd think I was mad if I told you everything
on waking from these complete quiet states, you'd have a few shocks, I did.....talking pets anyone? seeing behind your back? hearing other peoples thoughts just before they are about to mention it .......all the time.....? just to name a few.
Also I've noticed some other interesting affects, I no longer get hunger pangs even if I don't eat ( 1 day experiment) it's like an attitude change its odd.
No longer get fatigued at all.
I recently Ripped my Serratas Anterior muscle complete to the point it had stopped my right lung from functioning correctly. I was told I would take 10 weeks or more to recover..... I was off meds in the first few days and it was fully healed in 2 weeks. I've always been a fast healer but this was a whole new level.
I would gladly be a guinea pig but the best way is to experience it...... to achieve it yourself.

edit on 15-12-2010 by DreamerOracle because: editing

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
extra sensory perception,so you have extra capabilities to sense,your perception of everything is greater than those that dont have it. And perception is understanding of everything that is projected into your life.

If you under stand what i just said,chances are you have extra sensory just like me.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

Thank you. I'm merely glad you liked it.

I have also come into the conclusion that silence is important - not the kind of silence that you would sit concentrated in a corner with crossed legs or something, and forcing youself thinking nothing (at least this doesn't work for me). To me, silence comes through contemplation - for a while my mind may "bubble" and "talk" about daily experiences and I usually have to take some time to understand the causes behind this activity... But once the causes are understood, how vain these thoughts are, they cease and somekind of state of clarity takes place. After that the thoughts that may appear, are usually very significant in a way or two.

I've had some similiar experiences as you mentioned in your post. Knowing other people's thoughts, knowing their personality from very few words or even less. But I still haven't got eyes in my back and my pets have remained silent so far.. Sometimes I've had precognitive thought which seems almost impossible to have merely through senses.

Still, I am somewhat cautious to advice anyone to do this or that, because it seems that we all are unique in some extent (perhaps our nervous system may be different, our education, rearing, environment and so on). But nonetheless there seems to be ways to enchance one's perception so, that it almost seems "paranormal". However, I think that there is nothing extraordinary in this, in the sense that these abilities may somehow exceed the natural boundaries of existence.

-v
edit on 15-12-2010 by v01i0 because: 2345

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whipsandchainsamerica

Pretty much so. Being vigilant and not being "in dream" helps this perception. But I am also saying something more. The "conscious" interaction between our consciousness and unconsciousness can also enchance one's knowledge and perception.

-v

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I have always been person sensitive for want of a better description, and pre-cog dreams, nightmarish childhood filled with ghosts....Stated in previous posts I used to sleep walk although my brother always said I was floating and refused to sleep in the same bedroom as me. So my rearing is anything but normal
The experiences stated in my previous post have only happened once when I began research into Vimanas and what powered them. So I started at the beginning...Ether, Mercury etc etc which then lead me to sound interaction and Mantras, tones of vibration that activate or effect the physical.Missing Lost Mantras that powered their ships..
I began to research Meditation and Mantras and then Yoga. I'll give you the order in which I started...
Loaded up my Ipod with:
Basics
Then I went to sleep each night listening to the above and Sarasvati, Lakshmi mantras all available from youtube or Spotify.
It was after a few nights that I woke up hearing a dog bark but within the barks were also words......very, very odd. Basically it was going frantic outside saying ,"look, look". It only happened once and expecting it to happen again feeds the ego, a bad thing in Meditation. I also had a dream telling me not to put my hand willingly into a cobras mouth without learning to charm the snake first..So I learnt Meditation and Yoga.. The rest mentioned in my previous post has happened as time has gone on, the more adept I become the better it seems to get. I went the whole hog, Vegetarian also. Like I said mad sounding but true.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DreamerOracle

I was pretty active sleepwalker in my youth too. It was interesting to woke up one christmas night in a hallway, peeing all over the shoes of visitors

Anyway, what you say about mantras (which I rather interpret as potent of sound) was quite interesting. However, as I mentioned in one of my previous posts to you, because we all are slightly different regarding our physical and psychical composition, different things works for different people. I guess if one wants to benefit from various sounds, be they mantras, music, prayers or whatever, one has to find one most "resonating" with oneself. I tend to think, that we all have our unique sound as well as we have our unique voice, our unique way of thinking, our specific composition of body/mind.

I am glad that you have found something useful for yourself

-v
edit on 20-12-2010 by v01i0 because: 2345

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Yes you could be correct about each person having there own sound or frequency , in fact I did have a page on the theory, but unfortunately the link no longer works. I'll do a search and add it later

edit on 20-12-2010 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I have an awsome book somewhere called "easy journey to other planets" Basically the author reckons that by meditating, you can leave your body and go to other planets. He said something like on the planet Brahmaloka for every 4 million years you spend there, only one second passes on earth. I'm guessing after twenty minutes of meditating, you'd be insane. I'm not even gonna do the math.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GetToDaChoppah

I have been to other planets. With imagination, one can travel anywhere. It is not reality though, but fantasy. And fantasies are vain. In meditation, you are nowhere but in present. At least thats my opinion about it.

-v

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Joining late but you might want to take a look at the Monroe institute and google Skip Atwater - you can watch both Joe McMoneagle and Skip on You Tube Videos. The Monroe institute has small rooms (not quite isolation chambers) where you enter and listen to brain entrainment over head phones. There is something to this science of the brain working to balance different levels of sound in different ears - modulating across the hemispheres I think they call it. This is probably also acheived in advanced meditation, or might be what is behind "hypnosis" a kind of modulation between the hemispheres. It seems the Monroe institute works participants through levels of conciousness through the use of sound. The fact the REAL former Government Remote Viewers are involved in this place interests me. Especially if you watch them on you tube, they come across as grounded guys.

I am not trying to advertise for them, but I have done a lot of digging and research on this topic and I think the Monroe institute follows scientifically valid methods. Look them up and read on them at the very least for another take.

I plan to treat myself to a trip there in the next year. I have found some sucess in HEALING through brain entrainment so through personal experience I can say it has worked for me. I am interested in taking this further, and so plan to head there in 2011. For the ha-ha's I am also interested in remote viewing though I can't say I've done this or experienced this myself. This is the place to go if you have a real interest in that or OOBE.

I'm interested if anyone has been there or can speak from a personal perspective about this place and the science behind what they are doing. Unlike some CD programs that claim entrainment - this organization seems pretty transparent about what they are doing. I did try another company's CDs (Holosync) and I personally had a very bad reaction. I know one must tread lightly when messing with the brain.

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
For those interested in seeing the results of remote viewing of the subatomic world during a series of investigations carried out over a century ago before physics knew anything about atoms and subatomic particles, please visit:
smphillips.8m.com...
and
smphillips.8m.com...

new topics

top topics

join