It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeking Advice: Past Life Reading

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Have any members here received a "past life reading" from a psychic recently or in the past?
How can I avoid being ripped off or scammed?
What did you learn? Please share your experience with Me/Us.
Do you have a favorite psychic? Why?
Do you have to have a question to give to the psychic? Or does it work similar to Edgar Cayce's style of readings where nothing is known about the subject except their names.
How much should I expect to pay?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
My personal favorite is Miss Cleo but to be honest i think its because i
have a soft spot for jamaican accents.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I had a past life reading about 7 years ago. I was lucky enough to have a close family friend who conducted past life regressions and other forms of hypnotism. About being able to find a reliable psychic to perform one, I'd say do some research and find someone who has good reviews... Although there really isn't a way to disprove a psychic about past life regressions... On to my experience.

I had always thought that in a past life I had been some type of soldier during WWII because I am a big WWII buff, so one day I asked the family friend if she could do a past life regression for me. I didn't need to ask her any questions to start the session. It all began like a regular meditation/hypnotism session (flexing then releasing of the limbs, focused breathing etc.) Then she began to tell me to focus on the sound of her voice, after that she told me to focus on a happy memory, a place where I was comfortable and the like. After I was in a state of comfort, the regression began. (about the state of comfort, it felt like being asleep, but being aware of my surroundings, and also an increase in core body temperature, and similar to being asleep, REM (Rapid Eye Movements) occurred)

She told me to think back to a time five years prior from where we were, what was around me, and who, and how I felt. Then she took me back another five years, and asked the same. This continued on until she brought me to the time I spent in the womb. After that she took me back even further, she didn't specify any span of time. I drew a blank in my mind for a few minutes, then an image slowly started to form in my mind. It was of rolling green fields, the greenest I had ever seen, and further away, the ocean. Then a flock of sheep appeared in the distance. After I had said this, she asked me to go to where I lived. It was a simple house with a thatch roof, one room with a floor made of dirt and straw, and a fire pit, with a bed of sorts made out of animal skins filled with straw. Then I looked down, and I was wearing a brown tunic and what caught my eye more than anything else were my shoes. They were more like leather socks, but they were bound to each leg by a leather string that crossed up my calf.

When she asked me where and when I was I had this strong feeling that I was in Ireland sometime during the middle ages. That's all I really saw of that life, it began to fade away and nothing else appeared so she brought me back. I was somewhat disappointed that I hadn't seen the life of a soldier from the era that I had thought I had lived in previously, but she explained to me that a person can have multiple past lives. She went further to say that during a past life regression, our past lives come to us in stream of consciousness, that there isn't a definite structure to "when" we see.

Nevertheless, I thought that what I did encounter during my past life regression was really interesting. Honestly, I was skeptical about whether or not something would come out of it, but it was an experience to behold.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Crunkman919

Thank you Crunk, that is interesting. It seems you were just a regular person. I like that. I think most people get caught up on the fact that they want to be someone famous but in reality it is usually not the case.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Event Horizon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You're welcome Event. Glad to share. It was actually pretty humbling.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Just wanted to bump this thread. I am still interested in getting a life reading and would like to hear more stories about this.

top topics

join