It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Israel to compensate flotilla victims'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   

'Israel to compensate flotilla victims'

www.presstv.ir

Israel is reportedly seeking to reach a deal with Turkey to compensate the relatives of those Turkish activists killed in the May raid on a Gaza-bound flotilla.

In exchange, Tel Aviv wants a "full shield" to protect its troops from possible legal action.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I think Turkey should deny this offer.

If it doesn't, Turkey's credibility will go down the drain.

Not that it had any, DUUH, installing US nukes on its territory, DUUUH.

Anyways.

If Turkey throws away justice, then Turkey will fail in every way.

There is a reason why Iran is much more influential in middle East than Turkey.

Thoughts.

oz

"We made a compensation offer, and asked the Turks to do what needs to be done to address our legal concerns. We also want to see them return their ambassador and allow us to appoint a new ambassador in Ankara," an Israeli official told The Telegraph.

"For now, however, there are still big obstacles," the official went on to say.

Israel has offered to pay $100,000 dollars to each family of the nine slain activists.

Tel Aviv also wants to express "regret" over the bloodshed rather than "apologize" -- which has been one of Ankara's main demands.

Turkey, however, says its demands have not changed.

"Israel has behaved unjustly towards Turkey regarding the aid ship Mavi Marmara and we are still expecting compensation and an apology," Turkey's Foreign Ministry spokesperson Selcuk Unal said on Friday.

Last Sunday, Turkey's Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan reiterated his position that Israel must apologize and pay compensations over the killing of nine Turkish activists.

"No one should expect us to keep silent and forfeit law and justice as long as the blood spilled in the Mediterranean is not cleared," he said.

The bilateral relations between Turkey and Israel reached their lowest ebb ever following the incident.

"Some say we should turn a new page... An apology must be offered first, compensation must be paid first," Erdogan noted.

It is evident that Israel knows that its existence can't be souly reliant on US, because US is in decline, now it is actually taking steps to satisfy the international communities demand, I suspect this is the first step.

- Ex UN leaders have called for actions regarding Israeli illegal activities.
- More and more countries recognizing Palestine as an independent nation.
- France being the first European nation to recognize Palestine as an independent nation.

All of the above are signs of changing times.

Israel is becoming desperate, good luck to the Zionist terrorists and their agenda to take over the Biblical Israel.

FAIL!!!

Thoughts.

oz

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I agree, Turkey should tell Israel to shove their pathetic attempt at hush money where the sun don't shine..

And what gall, a miserly $100k for a life?
They would only ask the US for the money anyways and probably make a profit while they're at it..

I do wonder though..
What happened to all the others who were organizing to break this illegal blockade?
Has that all stopped?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hope they tell the israeli criminals to stuff their hush money .. Put the bastards on trial for the crimes against humanity they committed.. And continue to commit with impunity.. Its called justice and you cant put a price on that..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Here is another source so we can avoid the PRessTV argument.

Israel likely to offer heavy 'humanitarian' compensation over Turkey flotilla deaths

Is there any particular reason you guys dont want to see peace in the Middle East? I seriously doubt you guys would prefer to continue the useless bloodshed.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Turkey has fast become a power player in this never ending battle and I don't trust them whatsoever. Turkey wants it former greatness and empire back. There are many shadowy links between Turkish govt. and Hamas including well known training camps for Hamas hosted by turkey.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I guess Israel is admitting they were in the wrong then, especially since they don't want to lose Turkey's backing since Turkey does not mess around when its people are killed by commandos.

$100,000 for a life. Reminds me of a description of the term "reparations" that I read many years ago: "Sorry I burned down your village, here's some gold".

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by oozyism

Here is another source so we can avoid the PRessTV argument.

Israel likely to offer heavy 'humanitarian' compensation over Turkey flotilla deaths

Is there any particular reason you guys dont want to see peace in the Middle East? I seriously doubt you guys would prefer to continue the useless bloodshed.

Maybe when Israel admits to it's actions there will be peace.
From your link..

Other Israeli politicians, including Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman and Vice Prime Minister, criticized Netanyahu's decision Wednesday, saying Israel should not apologize for the Gaza flotilla raid.

Israel is refusing to use the word "apology," as it continues to insist that the actions the navy took on the flotilla were legitimate. Israel has, however, agreed to express sorrow and regret over the killing of the Turkish activists on board.

I can't seem to remember Israel ever apologizing for anything..
I highly doubt many believe they truly regret something when they refuse to admit they are wrong..

Fact is, what they are saying is, they regret that Turkey caused this bloodshed by illegally breaking their blockade and that Israel had every right to attack...
That's how I read it and how they will spin it in Israel..It shows in my above insert to be closer to the truth than believing Israel is anywhere near sorry..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Israel should of sent the vessels to the bottom of the sea when they violated the warning and blockade. But since we are talking about repsonsibility how is the Hezbollah issue going with the UN report linking them to the assasination of the Lebanese Prime Minister a few years ago. I always find it funny when UN is invoked against Israel, yet condemed as a puppet when its against a middle east country.

As long as people like you and Ozzy maintain that attidue, nothing will change except the body count.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:55 AM
link   
i dont see this going anywhere

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by backinblack

Israel should of sent the vessels to the bottom of the sea when they violated the warning and blockade. But since we are talking about repsonsibility how is the Hezbollah issue going with the UN report linking them to the assasination of the Lebanese Prime Minister a few years ago. I always find it funny when UN is invoked against Israel, yet condemed as a puppet when its against a middle east country.

As long as people like you and Ozzy maintain that attidue, nothing will change except the body count.

Is it difficult with your obvious limitations to stay on topic?
BTW, I guess for the 765654 time..The flotilla was in international waters when attacked..
All your lies will NEVER change that one simple FACT regardless of how you spin it..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Funny, I heard Hariri was assassinated by the Mossad in order for Israel to spread its control over the region by blaming the Syrians. The Syrian military was kicked out of Lebanon soon after the assassination, and a few years later Israel briefly invaded and bombed a lot of Lebanese infrastructure while the Lebanese army proved to be less effective at defense than Hezbollah.

I don't understand why Hezbollah would benefit from killing Hariri; from observation, it is clear that the Israelis benefited most from it. Is it not counter-intuitive to bomb an extremely popular Lebanese leader in order to gain seats in the Lebanese government, which is the 'official' theory?

It was the CBC that lead the investigation into Hariri's death. CBC is pretty much in the hands of the federal Government of Canada these days, and Harper said himself that he is willing to put Israeli interests ahead of Canadian interests. So I still believe that Mossad was behind it, just like most other bombings of high-value targets in the middle east.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
scary huh people

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi
I guess Israel is admitting they were in the wrong then, especially since they don't want to lose Turkey's backing since Turkey does not mess around when its people are killed by commandos.

$100,000 for a life. Reminds me of a description of the term "reparations" that I read many years ago: "Sorry I burned down your village, here's some gold".

I hope that was sarcasm...
Israel will NEVER admit they were wrong..
This is nothing but hush money to stop a real investigation..
Read my earlier post..Many in Israel Government are totally against even this gesture..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I hope that was sarcasm...
Israel will NEVER admit they were wrong..
This is nothing but hush money to stop a real investigation..
Read my earlier post..Many in Israel Government are totally against even this gesture..

I agree with what you are saying. What I mean is that if they want to continue to persist with the notion that they were right, then why would they even consider reparations because it would clearly show them as knowing they screwed up?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I agree with what you are saying. What I mean is that if they want to continue to persist with the notion that they were right, then why would they even consider reparations because it would clearly show them as knowing they screwed up?

Not at all..Israel has already stated it is merely a humanitarian gesture..
They accept NO guilt...
It's also a way to buy silence...

According to the report in Huriyet, Israel wants the expression of sorrow and regret to be "humanitarian" and addressed toward the victims, rather than an official apology to the Turkish government. Erdogan, for his part, is demanding that Israel apologize "to the Turkish republic."

From the above link,,

edit on 11-12-2010 by backinblack because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join