It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Riots make pg 12 in US Newspapers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
So here is today's (Fri Dec 10, 2010) issue of the Arizona Republic.

Didn't you all in the UK have some sort of a riot or something in your capital yesterday?

I guess the UK isn't really all that important because it only made page 12.

The lead story appears to feature some sort of rickshaw driver, (The lead story is about illegal immigration from one 3rd world country to another 3rd world country) from Nicaragua or Costa Rica or some other such backwater hole in the ground. And the plight of the immigrants.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/259e5a613600.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 10-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I assume because it's pro republican and that does not help the cause here...I say that because of the articles identifying immigration issues and dems being defiant...where I am the Boston Globe (pro democrat) always leaves out the juicy pro republican stuff..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Mmmm suppressing information about popular protests against unfair tuition hikes? I haven't seen any recent word of this in CBC articles either. Maybe they don't want to give students any "crazy ideas" once tuition is raised in North America as well...

Look for US/Canadian tuition hikes in the future...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I have never thought that the students are so impulsive and violent, they also attack prince Charles 's car.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
So what?

We have to remember what needs to be on pages one - five in US papers.

They need their daily dose of brainwashing, fat infested medicated loser news.

They dare not show their citizen the real world which is why the average American (Not so the ones on Here and a few other places) know nothing about life outside their inbred state.
edit on 11-12-2010 by c0ldPhr34k because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

The lead story appears to feature some sort of rickshaw driver, (The lead story is about illegal immigration from one 3rd world country to another 3rd world country) from Nicaragua or Costa Rica or some other such backwater hole in the ground. And the plight of the immigrants.

This is off subject but calling these countries backwater holes, given that a lot of Americans are actually buying vacations homes there or moving there after retirement....makes it logical for the UK riots news to appear in page 12 of your newpaper.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

No, it wasn't on cnn, fox or msnbc either.. on cnn, the only site I read, you had to click on world events to see a small article. The bigger articles, which were anti-protester, were posted by Time.com

Its been totally ignored by us media, if that's not evidence of a conspiracy..... what is?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It occured in England, not the US, and was covered by the media quite extensively. Print media is having enough times in the current economy, coupled with pressure from non traditional media (internet news/24-7 cables news), why would they waste front page coverage on something that does not pay their bills?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I guess spoiled college kids acting stupid is not big news?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I guess spoiled college kids acting stupid is not big news?

If it were we would see the Big 10 on the news all the time. Since we dont, unless they riot over a sports win or loss, to me its not a big deal.

We are going down the same road, which is to say we are going to be cutting spending and subsidies. If not, we go bankrupt. I say we pull all our troops home, batton down the hatches, and the the creditors to eff off.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I assume because it's pro republican and that does not help the cause here...I say that because of the articles identifying immigration issues and dems being defiant...where I am the Boston Globe (pro democrat) always leaves out the juicy pro republican stuff..

Forgive me for my ignorance on this but are you saying the newspaper is pro republican or the riot story or the front page story?

Sorry for my confusion!

edit on 12-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by chrismarco

No, it wasn't on cnn, fox or msnbc either.. on cnn, the only site I read, you had to click on world events to see a small article. The bigger articles, which were anti-protester, were posted by Time.com

Its been totally ignored by us media, if that's not evidence of a conspiracy..... what is?

Fascinating how our perception of reality and the our understanding of our surrounding environment can be so easily manipulated yes?
edit on 13-12-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i think you'll find this is not students. its criminals retaliating because one of them got shot for shooting at the police www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join