It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do the newbies get rid of the ads in ATS 2010?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

If the answer was as simple as that, I think they would have chimed in by now. How hard is it to say "sorry, we don't do that anymore"?

I'm starting to wonder if there isn't some internal struggle between the owners and the ad buyers to try to force all members to view those ads and the management can't talk until some agreement is hammered out. I just hope they aren't going to sell us all down the river.

Still, this seems to be a HUGE secret around here and my curiosity is driving me crazy. The owners of this site are ignoring this one with a vengance.

My hope is that, if we keep bumping this, they will be forced to answer the question sooner or later.

posted on Jan, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

HAPPY NEW YEAR ATS!!!

It's time again to bump this thread, seeing as how I STILL haven't gotten an answer to my simple question.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

The ads are all set on a 24 hour cap. That means that within any 24 hour period you're only going to see an ad so many times (it varies between once and a few). We dramatically reduce the number of ads ALL registered members see and further reduce them as your contribution level rises.

That being said, with elimination of the much maligned and complained about "Bronze, Silver and Gold" levels we no longer have exact reduction amounts, it's a gradual decline.

Hope that helps clarify things.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Hurray!

Thanks for finally answering my question.

So now the amount of ads one sees gradually goes down as their contribution level goes up. That's a great incentive for members to contribute more regularly.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
The ads are all set on a 24 hour cap. That means that within any 24 hour period you're only going to see an ad so many times (it varies between once and a few).
Springer...

I just noticed I'm not getting the ads right now. They're all used up til tomorrow.
It's cold outside, so I'm on here all day.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

That's a good point, I wonder if someone could use up all their adds for one day and enjoy the rest of the day without having to look at any adds?

Probably not, but it would be cool if you could run through your ad quotient or see less ads throughout the day.

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well if you guys are still seeing the ads, I must have a long way to go.
Oh well, they are not that annoying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join