It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WW2 advanced designs, it wasn't just the Nazis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Given the popularity of the idea that the Nazis had all the good stuff during WW2. I would suggest this documentary is well worth a watch as it redresses the balance a little and actually puts paid to the idea that only the Nazis had advanced airframe projects and prototypes. Hopefully it will give people a bit of perspective on just how advanced others were in their pursuit of *modern* technologies.

The Secret Russian Aircraft of WW2.

edit on 10-12-2010 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-12-2010 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Good stuff thanks for the vids

The last one is broke maybe you can re post it.
The Japanese had some advanced projects of their own worth a Google.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

Than for the heads up, malformed link has been fixed .

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I saw this one, it once again proves that the soviets didnt just focus on mass production but were the only other power who tried to defeat the nazi's at making top of the line equipment.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The Soviets/Russians always have had a high proportion of the best mathematicans on the planet - their aerodynamics people are superb to a level you wouldn't believe.

Of course, NASA etc are great (to a degree most* on here simply could not comprehend) as well, but, risking the danger of generalisation, I would say the Russians are better theorists whereas the Americans can bring greater computational power to bear on any problem. The Russians also tend to have a more pragmatic approach to design & doctrine than their American counterparts; this can compromise the absolute performance of their aircraft but make them more useable if the time had ever actually come for a face-off between NATO/WP.

In a war, when everything is naturally chaotic, I would be more inclined to adhere to the Russian approach of designing for how a war actually would be fought rather than the American approach of designing for how a war should be fought...

*I would include myself in that - the raw knowledge some of these folks have is simply unreal.

new topics

top topics

join