It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Breaks Out at NYC High School over bathroom ban

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Simple urination in the hall should have reopened the bathrooms, and yes, why is it that these pupils cannot protest about the important stuff?

"Oh yeah we have a corrupt government but wait, I GOTTA PEE!"

This post made me actually LOL..oh wow..now this is one for the books..comic books!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by gnosticquasar

Actually, you are right. If you are forced to "hold" your waste, you can seriously injure your body. It can do damage. So it could be considered torture.

If anything, it can also be considered child endangerment if you deny a child bathroom privileges, and force them to hold it.

Wasnt there someone that actually died from it, some king of something..I dont know, might have been an old wives tail..he wouldnt let anyone leave the table until he did..can't seem to remember..hmmm

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

False Analogy. Just a bad Principal who needs to be fired.

The rioting Students are rioting for what amounts to more Welfare. The second they turned violent they became just a bunch of cheap little thugs demanding more candy. A University Student that can't understand there is no more money? Getting in schools must be easy these days.

They actually attacked Royals
Figureheads that can't pass a new parking ordinance even if they wanted too. That will get them public support I'm sure. God protect us from the next crop of students.

Good point!!!!! Really, thats why their frustrations need to be appropriately directed

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Their frustrations should be at the other kids who are screwing it up for everyone else...the place sounds like thuderdome..

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Things have definitely changed since I have went to school. I remember when it was, "can I use the bathroom Mrs. Abc," And she would reply, "I don't know. Can you?" And you would not be able to go until you finely said, "MAY I use the bathroom?"

Call me old-school.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by PontiacWarrior

Uggghhhh..many time a recall a poor classmate uttering those words only to be giggled out by his fellow mates...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I consider this a great sign!

This proves to be that once the government starts taking away our essential needs such as food, water, and shelter our youth will not sit back and just watch it happen.

Good for them!

The sad thing is that probably the majority of the "rioters" did it just to cause problems and not for a purpose.

But just wait until these youth do have a purpose!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Let us be honest, as a teenager, having moment away from the pen and paper is more incentive than having to pee. Its just too bad they all couldn't be as passionate about the state of the country...you don't even own you're body or property!.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i woulda went to the principals office and dropped a steamy load right on his desk

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
As our founding fathers pointed out. Any society that tosses away it's christian morals, will lose it's freedom as well. You can not govern your own soul without a little divine intervention. In fact they predicted that tyranny is the logical outcome of demoralization. I blame the liberals.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Denying people from going for a pee is the very definition of cruel and unusual punishment. What I'd do at that point is that I'd relief myself on the principals door.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Im ready to get my gear on and head out to help break out of our cattle corrals!

Im not condoning violence, but seems it is the only way we will ever be able to truly be free..Words dont work..actions do. Like some have said, including A Jones, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

You are not condoning violence but you are ready to get your gear and help break out of the cattle corrals? Sounds pretty violent to me....

As for words not working... Martin Luther King Jr, Ghandi and many other similar names might just disagree with you on that one.... So do the results they achieved through non violent resistance.

That said, it does seem to be a bit... overboard, not allowing the students to use the bathroom... Though she did say if it was an emergency they could go to the one in the nurses office.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
[
Are you kidding me?
They went on a riot for only a bathroom yet they don't take action when the government is ****ing them over?
Could you imagine what they could accomplish if they were a little smarter?

Yes, if they where a little smarter they'd be able to pick their noses.
A loss of a bathroom can cause a riot......the loss of rights and liberties does'nt even cause loss of sleep.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Things like the student riots and this are just the beginning.. As things continue to deteriorate in western countries there will be alot more riots before its done...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Well, yes, the principle is a total idiot. In Pennsylvania Florida and New Jersey, all school systems I have personally been involved in, If you fight both of the culpprits are arressted, yes they call the police and charge both parties with assault & battery. This has done a great deal to quelling fights breaking out in schools in those areas I mentioned. All the principle should have done when the two fighters were in the office is call the NYPD and press charges. Simple solution and punishing only the parties involved not any of the innocent students. What a shmuck...lol...
Oh I know some of you will state "That's criminalizing young students" yada yada yada, but what happens when adults fight? Yeah they get arressted, it's harsh reality, they need to learn young, or else they'll be in for a real shocker in the real world!!!! I call it tough love!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I think a simple walk out would have sufficed....if they kids all left school and went home to their parents I'm sure it would have been more effective...people are looking at this like they were stuck on a plane for eight hours...everyone and there mother has a cellphone today any kid could have easily called his parent...again some of the replies on here applaud the violence and that's really to bad...we don't want kids acting like this their world is screwed up enough..and just like teen suicides happening in pockets kids will now be copying the riots going on in London because it's now the cool thing to do...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yeah. My old highschool wouldn't let kids use the bathroom. My friend's parents made a HUGE stink about it because you can't stop people from using it. Bathroom rules are the worst. What kind of ass can you be denying someone "relief"?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

When I was in High School, in New Orleans, they would lock the students rest rooms during class-time and you could only go if you went to the "disciplinarian's" office to get a key. My guess is they did this to prevent smoking, fighting, whatever nefarious activities that kids do.

Well, one day during class I had to go #2 and there was noone in the disciplinarian's office. So, I obliged myself to use the woman's faculty restroom (since there wasn't a men's on that side of the campus). Well after doing my business, as I was walking out - one of my teachers busted me! Short story even shorter - i got suspended for not being able to control my bowels and dumping in the woman's faculty restroom. What was i supposed to do? Dump in the trashcan in the hallway? Ridiculous, but typical of a system where noone stands up to the fools who actually teach our children.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Too funny. First we have riots in France because they raised the retirement age from 60 to 62. Then we have riots in England because tuition was raised, even though no student has to repay the tuition unless they are making good money after they graduate, and then only 40% will ever repay. Now we have a riot over a partial (not a complete) closing of bathrooms. Here's a fun quote from the article.

The principal is also accused of threatening that anyone caught fighting again would be arrested.

Accused? The principal says if you commit a crime you will be arrested and she's 'accused' of thretaneing them?

Next let's have a riot because some 29 year old finally got kicked out of his Mom's basement. Hey! That's, well, thats unfair! Let's riot!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

Again all the kids should have just walked out of school if they felt that serious about the situation...too many people on ATS condoning violence...it's a shame

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join