It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Breaks Out at NYC High School over bathroom ban

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Riot Breaks Out at NYC High School over bathroom ban

newyork.cbslocal.com

Hundreds of students at Murry Bergtraum High School took a stand this week after being told they couldn’t use the bathrooms at school.
Fed up with what some say are strict policies, crowds of angry teens rushed the Manhattan school’s halls, creating chaos, reports CBS 2’s Derrick Dennis.
It was literally a riot — students crowded the hallways, screaming at the top of their lungs and protesting what they said was the principal’s decision to close all the bathrooms to students.
“What happened was two students started fighting, and the principal got mad, and closed all the bathroo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Seems London isnt the only place where people are FED up with rules and rules and MORE rules! Im feeling the excitement of everyone finally having enough.
I hope this isnt the end of the riots..Im ready to get my gear on and head out to help break out of our cattle corrals!

Im not condoning violence, but seems it is the only way we will ever be able to truly be free..Words dont work..actions do. Like some have said, including A Jones, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

newyork.cbslocal.com

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch

Seems London isnt the only place where people are FED up with rules and rules and MORE rules! Im feeling the excitement of everyone finally having enough.
I hope this isnt the end of the riots..Im ready to get my gear on and head out to help break out of our cattle corrals!

Im not condoning violence, but seems it is the only way we will ever be able to truly be free..Words dont work..actions do. Like some have said, including A Jones, it's going to get worse before it gets better.

newyork.cbslocal.com

Are you kidding me?
They went on a riot for only a bathroom yet they don't take action when the government is *snip* them over?
Could you imagine what they could accomplish if they were a little smarter?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 11-12-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador

HAHA..yes..the point is, tho..people are fed up..bathrooms today, city hall tomorrow!!! maybe

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Wow, you should have seen how i myself rioted when my teacher said no bathroom.
An entire school?

To bad most of the people went just for the "Fun" or because "everyone is going, let's go!"

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anttyk47
Wow, you should have seen how i myself rioted when my teacher said no bathroom.
An entire school?

To bad most of the people went just for the "Fun" or because "everyone is going, let's go!"

Lolz! Well, yea.I cant say as I blame you, or these kids..that is taking away our primitive needs..thats like saying "no swallowing"...its bound to incite a riot..now..if we can just get them to direct it appropriately .

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
How the heck can you ban bathrooms?

What, are they supposed to urinate and dump waste in their clothes inside classrooms?

Whoever banned bathrooms needs to be fired for such a stupid idea.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

What, are they supposed to urinate and dump waste in their clothes inside classrooms?

Yes, insanity at it's best..and how could they not expect a riot?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The global revolution is upon us!! Can you feeeeeeeeeeel it?!?!
2nd.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

i concur, let's find the culprit now

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Simple urination in the hall should have reopened the bathrooms, and yes, why is it that these pupils cannot protest about the important stuff?

"Oh yeah we have a corrupt government but wait, I GOTTA PEE!"

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I some how missed the bottom part of your article where it says bathrooms are just restricted and not completely banned. But still... a "riot" or "protest" after creating such restrictions is expected.

I am more concerned about the illogical and completely idiotic solution the principal decided upon. Closing bathrooms will NOT stop kids from fighting.....
I don't see how anyone could even make such a drastic leap in logic. They may stop fighting in bathrooms, but not stop fighting in general.

Also, restricting bathrooms is like punishing EVERYONE for mistakes made by a few. How could that even be considered fair or even logical?

It sounds to me like the principal of that school is an imbecile, probably power tripping on the students because of some deeper psychological problem. The principle should be relieved of their duties and or resign. I don't think they are fit to handle a school of teens.
edit on 10-12-2010 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
Simple urination in the hall should have reopened the bathrooms, and yes, why is it that these pupils cannot protest about the important stuff?

"Oh yeah we have a corrupt government but wait, I GOTTA PEE!"
Exactly. Baby steps. One can't overthrow a corrupt government when one REALLY has to take a leak.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Myself, I would have tried to orchestrate a school-wide wet-our-pants at the end of the day deal. But, seriously, OSHA takes issue with denial of adequate bathroom breaks in the work place. That means that people can cited for not allowing adults to take care of such things, and that guy is trying to pull it with a bunch of kids? I've always heard that denying people the ability to use the bathroom is a mild form of torture.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
If one of the kids could have just called the office of children and family services and they wouldn't have had to lift a finger and she would have been screwed..now they will get involved but only after a bunch of kids get in trouble...somehow I think there may have been more connected to a bathroom being closed because of one fight. The bathroom is probably where kids go to fight out of the camera view since it mentions surveillance cameras..around here when the kids do that they call it shooting a fair one..remember they don't allow cameras in the bathrooms
edit on 10-12-2010 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Found this gem

"LOWER MANHATTAN — A new principal is shaking up downtown's Murry Bergtraum High School in the hopes of getting its 2,445 students back on track.

The school's growing crisis deepened recently when it received a D on its most recent city report card, and principal Andrea Lewis promised this week to take a no-nonsense, no-excuses approach to operating the school.

Lewis plans to overhaul the school’s business-focused curriculum to make it more relevant to the 21st century, and she has already created a ninth-grade academy to start new students on the right path.

"The hope is to capture students in ninth grade," said Lewis, who most recently led the ACORN Community High School in Brooklyn. "You need to provide these students with all the support they can get."

Like I said a lot more going on here than just a fight and an overzealous principle
Link

edit on 10-12-2010 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
edit on 11-12-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

False Analogy. Just a bad Principal who needs to be fired.

The rioting Students are rioting for what amounts to more Welfare. The second they turned violent they became just a bunch of cheap little thugs demanding more candy. A University Student that can't understand there is no more money? Getting in schools must be easy these days.

They actually attacked Royals
Figureheads that can't pass a new parking ordinance even if they wanted too. That will get them public support I'm sure. God protect us from the next crop of students.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Being a person who has had to clean public bathrooms, I can say for sure it is taken for granted. I often wished there was a way to deter disgusting acts and vandalism that the few do to ruin it for everyone else. Some of the stuff I have seen! Who misses the toilet with a number 2?!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gnosticquasar

Actually, you are right. If you are forced to "hold" your waste, you can seriously injure your body. It can do damage. So it could be considered torture.

If anything, it can also be considered child endangerment if you deny a child bathroom privileges, and force them to hold it.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Also, restricting bathrooms is like punishing EVERYONE for mistakes made by a few. How could that even be considered fair or even logical?

I am going to bring up a good example of this statement.
This is just saying i am not debating whether this is a good idea or not. I am just going to make a statement where a few idiots screw the rest.

19 hijackers with box cutters. This gave way to being strip searched and full body scanned in the name of safety or something. See a few people can cause a lot of havoc for many..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join