It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Operation Codename "Falcon"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The Us over the next 25 years will complete is program codenamed falcon and the US is planning a new generation of weapons, including huge hypersonic drones and bombs dropped from space, that will allow the US to strike its enemies at lightning speed from its own territory. There will be no more nee for forward bases like today we could keep all of our troops at home instead of deployed overseas and in time of war they would be called on from the US. And this will mean the Us dosent have to ask anyone for help in an invasion wow this will piss off the UN and the EU and especially the French

Over the next 25 years, the new technology would free the US from dependence on forward bases and the cooperation of regional allies, part of the drive towards self-suffi ciency spurred by the difficulties of gaining international cooperation for the invasion of Iraq.

Program Falcon

[edit on 4-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Great info Westpoint, seems like the hypersoar, and hypersonic attack plane concepts that the USAF had are maturing into a defined weapons program.

The proposed technology is undoubtly awesome, but as Iraq has shown the man on the ground is always going to be needed. To conquer an enemy you still need to go in and hold territory. That is why the tank has not been replaced by the attack helicopter as some predicted as you need assest on the ground that stay there.

So Westie looks like you namesake is going to be important a as ever no matter what the boys in blue come up with.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Yeah with projects like Land warrior and Future Warrior 2025 in development I dont think they plan on getting rid of grunts anytime soon. Those new weapons in project falcon are awesome

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The main role of this project is not to eliminate the solider but to be more self sufficient and less reliable on our "allies" in a time of war no need for forward bases and no more asking the UN for froces cuz we will be able to do it on our own

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
and what happens when your oil supplies are cut...
no fuel for your scary long range weapons

you will need troops to secure areas, shock and awe is good for blitzing your enemies but not very good at liberating civilain popualtions

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Missiles and lasers dont use oil first off. Pus we have huge oil reserves to run are war machines for a long while plus we have texas alaska and the gulf of mexico for oil if we need. Plus if the military really need oil bad the people of the united states would ration the oil they use we did it in ww2. We didnt become the strongest military in the world by overlooking things like that.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Nice info Westpoint. I get the feeling that this will simply be used for pre-invasion strikes. So any ideas how to intercept on of the drones.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Yeah this will be used for softening up the hard targets so our ground troops won�t have such a hard time with those but the future look promising to say the least.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
If a missile does not use oil, then what is it propelled by, I think the fuel cell would be a an oil product of some sort.

If America was not running out of oil, then why a war in IRAQ, ??????????
Itas not like iraq was a great enemy except of George Bush senior.
Remeber America does not go to was to free civillian's unless they is something in that country that they want.
Remember America is driven by greed as are most country's.
It just happens that you used most of your oil reserves to get where you are today, Wait till russia starts developing there oil resvers properly, it will be by by America and Hello Russia.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
apparently its cheaper for america to invade iraq and nick their oil than it is to extract oil from alaska

anyway hopefully a new energy supply will be developed in the next 50 years... i hope

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by colec156
If a missile does not use oil, then what is it propelled by, I think the fuel cell would be a an oil product of some sort.

Well there are alot of different types of fuel used for rockets and missile none of which use oil or gasoline. There is Solid and Liquid rocket fuel the space program uses Hydrogen and oxygen. Solid rocket boosters can use powdered aluminum and ammonium perchlorate.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by colec156

Well there are alot of different types of fuel used for rockets and missile none of which use oil or gasoline. There is Solid and Liquid rocket fuel the space program uses Hydrogen and oxygen. Solid rocket boosters can use powdered aluminum and ammonium perchlorate.

www.world-aluminium.org...

What are they going to make the electricity with?

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
umm just wondering if you stuck a hydrogen pack into a missile wouldnt that class it as a hydrogen bomb? and what happens when the hydrogen goes up.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
umm just wondering if you stuck a hydrogen pack into a missile wouldnt that class it as a hydrogen bomb? and what happens when the hydrogen goes up.

Do you not understand the concept of atomic weaponry, or was that a joke?

J/K, no it wouldn't. It would just be another 'conventional' explosive weapon.

[edit on 7-11-2004 by Esoterica]

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

I agree with Esoterica, I assume you are joking.

However, that is one insteresting point that distinguished the US and Soviet space programs. The Soviets used Kerosene powered rockets while the US used Hydrogen/Oxygen rockets. Their tanks and engines had to be bigger to get the thrust the smaller and more hi-tech Hydrogen rockets produced.

This was true early on, I don't know if they swiped the Hydrogen technology at the same time they swiped our Shuttle technology.

new topics

top topics

join