It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airsoft Conversion: why airsoft Miniguns(handheld ones) are can't converted to firearm while any ot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well! I have a question about Airsoft conversion to Firearm: Why Airsoft M134 Minigun(handheld ones) are can't converted into real firearm while practically any other Airsoft guns can be converted into real firearm?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

I don't know what you mean.
Why they can't or can?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

Why they can't or can?

I mean Airsoft Conversion into Firearm where Airsoft Handheld Miniguns can't converted into Real gun unlike any other Airsoft guns does
edit on 10/12/2010 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon

Originally posted by the_denv

Why they can't or can?

I mean Airsoft Conversion into Firearm where Airsoft Handheld Miniguns can't converted into Real gun unlike any other Airsoft guns does
edit on 10/12/2010 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

are you typing in another language and using an internet translator to convert it into english to post here?

-B.M

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Absolutely NO AIRSOFT GUN can be converted to fire REAL ammo, NOT POSSIBLE WHATSOEVER
I dont care what the tards at the BATF says, you try it, the gun will EXPLODE with the first round

Yes I can say this, I play airsoft on a regular basis

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Probably depends on the bb size and mechanics of the airsoft to be converted into a killing weapon.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by furzball

absolutely not

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Homer's right. There's no way in heck you'd be able to convert a bb gun into a real gun. I'm sorry, but it just won't work. And I think the lack of the basic ways each work is the culprit here.

A firearm:
It uses a hammer to ignite a shell casing which holds the bullet. The explosion of the gunpowder inside the shell with the small explosive which is hit by the hammer forces the actual bullet out of it's shell and down the rifle.

An airsoft/bb gun:
It uses either through a pump/gas/electricity a "piston" to forcefully push the bb out of the rifle. (Or it uses plain air in pump action air rifles or gas in gas operated airsoft guns.) There's no explosions involved here. It's all plastic. Even on the metal versions, the gears (at least partly) are also plastic.

If you were even able to modify it to shoot a projectile, it'd explode in your hands causing you and anyone around you harm.

It's a stupid idea and one that'd never work.

I suggest you read "How an airsoft gun works" on Wikipedia here: en.wikipedia.org... (It even has a gif to illustrate it.)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The kids around here will paint the bright orange tip black because they think it is a sissy thing. This identifies the gun as an airsoft. Then they go playing army in the woods. Somebody calls the cops and the cops see a black barrel. This is a good way to get yourself killed. A lieutenant in the local police force told me about this. Fortunately the cops know it is done. Let's hope every cop encountering this is intuitive enough to figure it out before reacting.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Absolutely NO AIRSOFT GUN can be converted to fire REAL ammo, NOT POSSIBLE WHATSOEVER
I dont care what the tards at the BATF says, you try it, the gun will EXPLODE with the first round

Hey, quit spoiling things! Let the chucklehead give it a try. There's a word for that:

Autodarwination.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

lol, would be funny...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Indeed. I'm with Homer on this one folks.

The metal is not even the proper gauge to support the kind of pressures exerted by modern ammunition. Nor is it typically coated and heat treated to support the high heat produced by modern ammunition. Even if you could convert to a mechanism that will fire the second you do you will find out, if you survive, why you shouldn't use materials without high pressure and heat tolerances as a firearm.
edit on 14-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

most airsoft guns are made of abs plastic and/or aluminum

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The only way you could get a airsoft to shoot a real ammo is to fit a zipgun in there and you'd need to take the whole thing apart to reload it. Which would be plain stupid as a zipgun is concealable and looks like a pen... Anything else I can think of is PURE suicide. Maybe with a insane amount of engineering one could create a firing mecanism and "wrap" the airsoft shell around it... but that suicide waiting to happen...

Get yourself a Glock 17 or S&M P&M or good old 1911, the amount of money you would put into trying to convert a airsoft for nothing else but put technical/engineering stunt would pretty much get you all above's handguns...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hey OP, please post pics of your missing digits and/or burned and blown face when you make this conversion.

People are getting dumber by the minute.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

it still wouldnt work the barrell of an airsoft gun is only 6mm

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

there's no way you can use the real barrel even if it would be the right size the pressure at the front of the bullet would shed it to pieces... The barrel of the zipgun would act as the gun barrel, I have a airsoft based on a 1911 Colt and its clear I can see through it and there's plenty of space to fit a .22 zipgun in there MAYBE 9mm I would need to check the size of the front hole that the barrel exit from and see if its big enough to fit a barrel that as thickness to be able to handle 9mm firepower... Then again it has no purpose...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
autodarwination there's a word that deserves a star

There is NO way that they can be converted but the BTAF is still confiscating them

Duh?! ATF Confiscates Shipment of Airsoft Guns in Tacoma

www.popularairsoft.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Feeding it with cased ammo would be a hard issue to overcome,since it's just fed little balls by a hopper system.

You would be better off just building one from scratch yourself,you can get all of the parts for it everywhere.

I drew up a design that would fire .22 stinger rounds.

You can build it yourself,but you can't shoot it,and I wouldn't recommend getting caught with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join