It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British troops ordered to invade Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Evidently there was some conflict about all of it too . . .

news.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2004/06/30/wiran30.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/06/30/ixnewstop.html

Interesting Wesley Clark tried to do something similar before as well. I guess there was some interest in taking out both countries. Evidently that would have been a bad idea. Iran seems to have a pretty good millitary.

-P

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
i sure hope that they do not invade Iran, becouse i am half Iranian and have alot of family over there. It is true that it will be harder to take than iraq due to the fact we have an active defence and a active airforce. And i am sure we still have about twice the population of people then iraq and have known to be a bit ruthless with war (look at the iran iraq war for proof). Though iran is no match for Britan and units like the S.A.S and the United States Marines. I think that europe and the west have to see how many more terrorists they are creating by starting these wars, and by looking at some threads in the prophesy forums it looks like we may after all have no free will and are doing exactly what we where planned to.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
zi2525,

don't worry... nothing happened. There as a border dispute, whereby a large group of Revolutionary guards moved about a kilometer into "Iraq". (as you know the exact position of the Iran/Iraq border has always been in dispute. Iran were just backing up their claim).

Whether or not a US general actually order the British to attack is very much in dispute.. Jack Staw said he'd never heard of such an order, and either way, the US doesn't have the authority to give it.

According to Mr Straw on newsnight, the incident was resolved diplomatically. It' was never going to escalate, since Britain is busy building diplomatic relations with Iran, not trying to wreak them.

BBC Interview with Straw here :-

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 4-7-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
It's a coin toss between iran and N korea as far as the next country, and I think, as far as logistics go, it would make sense to hit Iran while our stuff is over there anyway.

Zi2525 - Iran will crumble just like Iraq if attacked by the US and Britts. Just the facts, we have too much fire power. I feel though that Iran is a direct threat to US national intrest (read - they will help terrorists attack the US) and so must be stopped. Will it help terrorists recruitment? Yes, of that there is no doubt. However, getting another hundred suicide bombers is worth the tradeoff to insure that Iran cannot help terrorists get their evil hands on WMDs or a safe-haven next to Iraq.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
It's a coin toss between iran and N korea as far as the next country, and I think, as far as logistics go, it would make sense to hit Iran while our stuff is over there anyway.

Zi2525 - Iran will crumble just like Iraq if attacked by the US and Britts. Just the facts, we have too much fire power. I feel though that Iran is a direct threat to US national intrest (read - they will help terrorists attack the US) and so must be stopped. Will it help terrorists recruitment? Yes, of that there is no doubt. However, getting another hundred suicide bombers is worth the tradeoff to insure that Iran cannot help terrorists get their evil hands on WMDs or a safe-haven next to Iraq.

No doubt that iran will crumble in a war, but they will have the death toll of americans at much higher than 860. They are more propared for war than iraq, plus the fact that iran more than likely has WMD right now. Im just saying it would be the biggest mistake possible for the united states to attack iran they would set them selves up for failure in the long run.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by zi2525
i sure hope that they do not invade Iran, becouse i am half Iranian and have alot of family over there. It is true that it will be harder to take than iraq due to the fact we have an active defence and a active airforce.

but how would those stack up against against the roaly army and marines, and the us army and the USMC? and the airforce? how would that stack up against the RAF and the USAF? im pretty iran would fall almost as quickly as iraq, maybe a little slower. and if the colation were gearing up for an invasion, they would build up their forces first, get some new people in there, possibly 500,000 troops and stuff.

and another question, you say that the tommies and the yankees would set themselves up for failure. correct? tell me how long do you think iran would last agaisnt an allied armored spear head backed with the best aircraft in the world? what would iran do? nuke them? risk having their entire country destroyed by similar means?

[edit on 7-4-2004 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If the U.S. leaders are dumb enough(I think they are) to invade Iran they will lose horribly. Worse than Afghanistan and worse than Iraq.
My suggestion to any of them would be to win one war first, at least to prove you know how, before starting another one.

Besides Russia will help Iran if needed.

The U.S. doesn't have enough manpower or money anymore to make an investment in another failure. The U.S. isn't looking all that mighty and powerful anymore right about now.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
First of Ashley if you know history Iraq is a victory still the security has to be solved but it will happen over time and Afghanistan was not a failure they will hold elections soon and the taliban are rooted out and it took the US 10 years to stabilize Japan after we won it took the US 15months to hand power to the Iraqis also we have troops on Iran's borders Iraq to the west Afghanistan to the east and we currently have 7 carrier groups heading for the Persian gulf with about 138 thousand troops in place so calling in another 400.000 is not a problem iran will have to face the best airforce USAF with RAF also our combined infantry with 7 carrier groups at their port not to mention israel they have no chance Iran is surrounded it will go down easily and really the US isn't as tough as it used to be well don't get me started on how wrong that is.

[edit on 4-7-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
If the U.S. leaders are dumb enough(I think they are) to invade Iran they will lose horribly. Worse than Afghanistan and worse than Iraq.
My suggestion to any of them would be to win one war first, at least to prove you know how, before starting another one.

Besides Russia will help Iran if needed.

The U.S. doesn't have enough manpower or money anymore to make an investment in another failure. The U.S. isn't looking all that mighty and powerful anymore right about now.

Those are all big assumptions. I highly doubt Russia would help Iran - even if they were asked. Correct me if im wrong, but so far Afghanistan has been a success in my eyes atleast. Iraq is another story and you are correct about that. Even if the U.S isn't looking to mighty they could still muster a big enough force to conquer Iran.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashley

Besides Russia will help Iran if needed

Russia would not start WW3 over Iran if anything they might sell them some weapons. But sending troops to fight for Iran no way. I think the main reason they might help by selling them weapons would be just to see how there tech faces up to american tech and to make some money. Iarq had a bigger military then Iran during the first Gulf war and it didnt do them much good back then. Iran would fold under the power of a US/UK invasion.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
WestPoint23, if you are talking about getting Sadam out of power, yes is a victory for US, if you are talking about terrorism, well the beheading and the riots and chaos in Iraq said no, Afghanistan is not better, still the cleric rule and women are still oppress.

About US going into ever going into Iran, maybe, bush obviously care less about this country economy, but the financial burden is going to be great, our military will go anywhere our government send them, and we are patriotic enough to support them, but the rest of the world will not look at US anymore as allay but rather as a bully.

I hope all this about Iran is just speculations. For our troops sake.

[Edited on 4-7-2004 by marg6043]

[Edited on 4-7-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Where did you get the idea that Russia would come to the aid of Iran? Maybe North Korea would assist Iran, only by giving the ICBM's or missile technology.

Russia is a mess at the moment and has been for a long time, they can't defend their own borders let alone fight a war in another country. Russia would have no cause to fight in Iran, as i understand it Russia isn't that close to Iran?

Why would anyone want another war right now? There's been enough killing already without another thousands of civilians and servicemen dying.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The only way I can see a war with Iran is if they refuse to stop building nuclear weapons and we go in for an air strike then you know the rest but that war is just we cannot let Iran make nuks alqada will be the first to get them also even if we don't do anything Israel will so were...either way.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The only way I can see a war with Iran is if they refuse to stop building nuclear weapons and we go in for an air strike then you know the rest but that war is just we cannot let Iran make nuks alqada will be the first to get them also even if we don't do anything Israel will so were...either way.

Why stop Iran from having Nuclear weapons? The US lets Pakistan have them... Are they really stable? They are only helping out so they would not be the next on the list. What about Isreal, what about India.... that is just letting friends have the power. The US is the one in the past that has helped to lead to this current situation in the middle east. They supported many take overs, handed weapons, plans ,technology to the people they are now fighting or planning to fight. They are creating the same thing with the countries they HELP now. We are over there fighting much of the mess we helped create. Who knows what the mess will be in 10 years.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
"why not let iran have nuclear weapons"
JC what part of alqad will be the first costumer if iran has nuclear weapons did you not understand.

Also like i said even if the US does not do anything israel will so lets just see how this one plays out.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I am annoyed at the title of this, and the original article.

Reading the text makes it clear that the only attack would have been on the positions that had advanced into Iraq illegally.

"Some Iranian border and observation posts were re-positioned over the border, broadly a kilometre into Iraq," a Ministry of Defence spokesman said.

This was no "attack on Iran" but on some units who had taken advantage of the chaos to reclaim some land they thought was theirs.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
There will be no invasion of Iran in the near future.
If Iraq works out as it should, the Iranian regime will probably succumb to internal pressure.
The worst thing that can happen to the mullahs is to have a democratic, economically powerful neighbour.

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
When i said it would be a mistake for them to invade iran i was not talking about iran beating them, im talking about U.S making more terrorrists then what was there before. By the time america is done with the middle east they will for the rest of there existence have to watch there back. The public will be fead fear and bush will be looked down apon. If America does to Iran what they did to Iraq it is the start of the end, the people in both countrys view this as world war 3 and i bet you there are people in both countrys that will find a way to power make some nukes and turn to bush or any other president of the united states and say hey you want to play lets play you press you button i press mine i really dont give a damn.

You really dont understand the mentallity over there, these poeple dont care if they die, there not like the U.S who (wether you belive it or not) are getting the jitter about walking down the street, every speedy car or group of people have them parinoid. The people in these countrys will get there hands on some nukes or anything else and will gladly drop it in the U.S.

Just remeber this, the most dangerous thing is to cross a man with nothing to lose.

[edit on 7-7-2004 by zi2525]

posted on Jul, 7 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
When is it going to stop we kill our own people in countries all over the world trying to play biggest man on the hill.......I mean come on have you ever heard the saying there is always someone bigger or tougher than you and you will get your just deserts........lets quit picking fights if we did like other countries and only deployed on our own lands for the purpose of defense we would save alot more lives money and we would probably have more people thinking better of us..... I was talking to a guy who is despite his distain for the former Iraq leadership and thanking the fact that their country is not suffering saddams injustices anymore tell me very forcefuly and with alot of very unpleasant language that America is nothing but a big bully with an ego trip and that the US thinks they are the end all be all rulers of the world who if opposed will go into a country beat the hell out of it and then treat them like a baby who must be taken care of and nurtured forever because they dont beleive that the country they beat down is beneath them I mean really Iraq is not dumb they may make bad decisions but thats their business they have been there for thousands of years before we came in and took out the goverment they will be there when we leave and they will make more mistakes nothing we do can change that its human nature

top topics

join