It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Ditches Tax-Cut Presser After Clinton Takes Control...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Obama Ditches Tax-Cut Presser After Clinton Takes Control...

I looked didn't see this posted, but don't you think this is odd?

www.realclearpolitics.com...

Former President Bill Clinton gave a statement after his meeting with President Obama about his tax compromise with the Republicans.

However, after his statement, Clinton began to call on and take questions from the press with Obama at his side. Obama leaves promptly after a few moments and said he had to see Michelle, as he was keeping her "waiting."

"I don't want to make her mad, please go," Clinton told Obama.

Obama just leaves?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
this topic needs to be closed,

thanks
edit on 063131p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Clinton is a stronger personality than Obama, he took control where Obama was lost, ( the video of that particular presser speaks volumes) "he" claims to be the first black president, and to add insult, or if you prefer, salt to the wound, Clinton spoke for almost an hour. Hillary is gonna run against the" great black hope", and tear this country down while doing it. And the screwy thing is, these same Dems that claim to be for the poor, do nothing but kill us all. Be carefule of the genie, what you say in a wish is never what the genie provides.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
this topic needs to be closed,

thanks
edit on 063131p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Why? "O-man" not lookin too hot huh...
(This is really odd no?)
edit on 10-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Obama is being weak on his original stance on tax, thank goodness there are enough Democrats out there to override the deal the president made with the Republicans. The trickle down tax system is a joke, it was at the center of Reagans disasterous economic system and Bush jnr's tax cuts. It should not be put into place, and I'm glad there are many in DC standing their ground (even when many of them failed in the past).

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Obama is being weak on his original stance on tax, thank goodness there are enough Democrats out there to override the deal the president made with the Republicans. The trickle down tax system is a joke, it was at the center of Reagans disasterous economic system and Bush jnr's tax cuts. It should not be put into place, and I'm glad there are many in DC standing their ground (even when many of them failed in the past).

I disagree.Allowing these tax rates to expire is a bad idea right now.

I Don't know where you were during the Reagan years; the military did fine.The economy
I saw was "cooking"...
Tax "cuts" are not a bad thing large govt and overspending/redistributing is

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Where where you in the eighties?

You don't remember Ronnie signing the biggest tax increase in history, and still spending so much money that he took us from being a net creditor to a net debtor nation?

You don't remember declining standards of living, dismantling of U.S. industrial might, rampant crime, stripping of individual rights through the drug war, while coc aine flooded our streets and the crack epidemic began?

You don't remember the looting of S&Ls? The stock market crash of 87?

Are you free market morons ever going to wake up to the reality that free market concepts have destroyed the U.S. economy?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Why do you want to close the thread?

Somebody needed to point this out.

I would have to say Bill is wrong on this, and he was wrong on his compromises in the nineties. He should never have let them strip the Glass Steagal act, nor cut capital gains taxes.

Obama screwed up, and things are going badly for him at this point in time. Was bringing Clinton in to support him a bad idea? Probably not, but leaving Clinton to answer questions was not a good idea.

top topics

join