It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're a Terrorist, and If You Disagree with This, It Proves It.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Julian Assange is a terrorist.
Anonymous is a terrorist group.
Gaza Peace Protesters are terrorists.
Tea Partiers are terrorists.
People against the TSA's gropping are terrorists.
Members of peaceful militia's are terrorists.
Even members of historical reinactment groups are terrorists.
Pot smokers fund terror, thus are terrorists.
Anyone carrying a pocket bill-o-rights is probably a terrorist.
Anyone against abortion is a terrorist.
Anyone for abortion is a terrorist.
G20 protesters are terrorists.
Anyone who wants to end the war on drugs wants everyone to become a junkie and is a terrorist.
Anyone who disagrees with utilizing torture is a terrorist.
The people who hack Sarah Palin's yahoo account are terrorists.
Any journalist in Russia who is trying to expose Russian government corruption is a terrorist.
Kids who bring butter knives to school, to cut a birthday cake, are terrorists.
Anyone who disagrees with the idea that the president can target and kill US citizens, is a terrorist.
Anyone who does not obey the government on face value is a terrorist.
Anyone who opposes both of the political parties is a terrorist.
Anyone who doesn't rat out their neighbor for thought crimes is a terrorist.
Anyone who has ever been raided by the police, gotten their dog shot, and the police found nothing, is a terrorist.
Anyone who is a terrorist, and denies it.... is definately a terrorist.

I am sick of the 'T' word being thrown around like the way we used to throw around Nazi.
Here is my major ethical problem with the label 'terrorist'. Because of the west's war on terror, when one labels someone else a terrorist, it is like declaring war on them. You are stating that this person or group needs to be erradicated with extreme prejudice.

When one implies that TSA protesters are possible terrorists, one is implying that these protesters need to be killed or put away for life at Gitmo. One is implying that we are at war with said people.

Another big issue with this that I have is the fact that all threats to the power of the government will all soon be labeled as terror threats. It is already happening with Wikileaks. Soon it could happen to people who want election district reform, people who pirate movies, or anything else that threatens the hold our masters have over us. Anything else that makes us more free, or more self-relient.

With the military overseas, killing tens of thousands of people(much of whom, innocent) they had to arm our police to the teeth in order to maintain their own order. The Posse Comitatus Act, which prevents the Feds from using the military for police actions at home, is being circumvented by turning the police into their own military.

What a bad combination we have in store for the future: a war on terror, the label terrorist being used as a euphamism for 'person-I-disagree-with, and a domestic military under the banner of "police".

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Sounds like you are a terrorist.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Sounds like you are a terrorist.

Don't egg him on! If you do, the terrorists win!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I AM A TERRORIST...

There ya go, whoever is watching me.. Come get me

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The terror watch list if over 1 million people. Isn't that kind of a useless list? I mean if everyone is a terorist, then who isnt?

Originally posted by DINSTAAR

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
haha! I was sooo f#kt off with hearing that damn word every minute of the day that I almost made up a T-shirt with the T word written across the front in red capitals.
You gotta admit though, it's a great label to throw at someone if you want to make them come to heel like a good doggy.... kind of like the R word.

grrr

Hang on... didn't we have a similar thing during the McCarthy era, with reds under the bed etc? I suppose it was different then cos we needed & could rely on our government to keep us safe from the commies. hmm

edit on 10/12/10 by HelionPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

Good thing your just a squirrel! Ooo! What are you going to do? Terrorize our nuts?!?!?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I tire of the "T" word also.

There are three instances in my life,where I have felt sheer terror:

1-In a combat zone while in the military,with a chunk of shrapnel in my ankle.

2-During a low altitude combat jump,when I had to actively assist my parachute to get it to open.

3-In a courtroom,without adequate legal representation,because I am a poor boy.

None of this gibberish we are told is terrorist activity really concerns me.

Because I know I won't live forever anyway

edit on 10-12-2010 by chiponbothshoulders because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by HelionPrime

I agree.. If i hear one more person talking about "Threats due to Terrorists" i think i will go on a rampage.. Whenever it comes out of people's mouth in everyday conversation i first hold back the urge to start punching and then give them a little history lesson about the real Taliban.. The ones we screwed over and the ones that rightfully wanted revenge..

Not saying it was right, just saying it wasn't because they "hated our freedom" like EVERYONE thinks

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Here is my major ethical problem with the label 'terrorist'. Because of the west's war on terror, when one labels someone else a terrorist, it is like declaring war on them.

Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion.

I don't think you have a problem with the word terrorist, I think you have a problem with the justification behind the use of it.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Whyhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathofall

I might Hijack a planters nuts cargo ship, threatening the freedoms of peanut lovers.. but at least i would share with my squirrel brethren

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
You terrorists (TERR-ISTS) are incorrigible.

OMG TERR-ISTS!!! WTF..RUN!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
well its OK to be a terrorist
just don't say anything bad about palistinians
that would be antisemitism.

lets see
ooh ooops, sorry
I forgot to carry the one..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

Governments are guilty of the thing you describe.

That's why they accuse everyone else of committing the crime they are guilty of.

I think that comes from the book "1984",heh heh,and that crazy Nash guy,who developed game theory,which our government still practices,even though it has been proven to be deeply flawed.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

Ok, fine. Just please leave the honey roasted ones alone! You terrorists are heartless!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
well i guess im a terrorist
guess im the good kind of terrorist

edit on 10-12-2010 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If you have the ability to move and form a sentence, you could perform or speak terrorist actions or words.
We're all terrorists now.
That's no joke.
If you think youre not, try going against THEIR grain.
This is not human behavior.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
RELAX people! Everything is okay!

Terrorism, terrorism, terrorism. Al qaeda, Mohammed, terrorism, terrorism. War in Iraq. War in Afghanistan. Al qaeda. Osama Bin Laden. Tora Bora. Afghanistan. Terrorism. Stay scared, stay separate. Terror, terror, terror. Terror is bad, you are bad. GO SHOPPING. Stay scared!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This all sounds like a bad Jeff Foxworthy joke.

Think about it, maybe the government is trying to recreate the same success Jeff Foxworthy had with a single line. He managed to keep a career going for ~20 years on one phrase.

Like free speech? You might be a terrorist.
Think you have rights? You might be a terrorist.
Own a gun? You might be a terrorist.

The list can grow and grow.
edit on 10-12-2010 by RicketyCricket because: Because my grammar is horrible

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join