It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a shocker - Wikileaks first cleared by the State Department.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is unbeleivable, it appears all these documents released by wkikleaks are cleared by the state department and sent toleading newspapers...

Despite public perceptions, Wikileaks does not make the material it receives available directly to the public. It sends the documents to newspapers, which decide what news is fit to print. As of this writing, Dec 2, 2010, four days after the New York Times and other newspapers began publishing scores of articles; Wikileaks has only posted 623 of the 250,000 documents they claim to have released to their website. (2) Neither the New York Times, the Guardian or the other newspapers apparently in possession of these materials have published them either.

Worse, these 623 ‘leaks’ were apparently cleared by the State Department itself. According to noted American civil rights attorney Michael Ratner, “In the recent disclosure, Wikileaks has only posted cables that were reviewed by the news organisations and in some cases redacted. The news organisations showed them to the Pentagon and agreed to some of the government’s suggested redactions.” (3)

www.pakalertpress.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I guess wikileaks wasn't as real as I thought. Seems like the government and CIA are trying to fool us into thinking their biggest secrets have been revealed. Maybe it's a test to see how we react? This one is really making me think.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is the second flat out wrong report I've seen from Pakalert since this all started.

Wikileaks does release the cables directly to the public. Right Here. The reason only 623 have been released so far is because they are releasing them a few dozen at a time so that none of them get lost in the crush, and so that they can remove references to innocents who could be harmed.

Moreover...

Wikileaks is not "mysterious."

I cannot find confirmation of the Ratner line, and were it genuine, I believe that we would have heard it over and over again over the last couple of weeks. I'm not sure on this one though.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Wikileaks is a B.S. entity.... entirely made up as to have a reason to censor the web....

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The string pulling continues.
So who the hell is in control of the Wikileaking after all?

All this while the Pentagon is focussing on potential economic wargame scenarios.
Looks like (sh)TF is closer than we think.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Yeah, when I heard this on the news either yesterday or the day before, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.
But it stands to reason that MSM editors would rather commit suicide than release classified information & that's why this stuff is run past someone in authority first. Hard to believe, but in the countries where this stuff is being released, the releases are sanctioned from on high.
That's all fine & dandy (if a little surreal) but then said authorities stamp their feet in disgust that WL is blabbing like a canary! Why? Cos it's all BULL SH#T THAT'S WHY.

There's a thread in here somewhere about WL being the excuse needed to lock down the internet & that folks is probably what it is.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
this whole wiki leaks thing seems more like a big show more and more.

Public figures calling for jullians assasination on live tv,its a crazy world,its like something from a science fiction movie. most of what he released was gossip. His arrest was a joke.and you have to wonder about how easy the soldier who gave him most of the cables just sauntered in to downlaod these like he was picking up a loaf of bread from the corner store,the story even has some pop references,with him being a lady gaga fan and all.it seems like a manufactured fairy tale to amuse us,

so heres my take,julian is cia,or at the very least,he was given those leaks delibritly so america could show how "traitors /terrorists/anti american) whatever buzzword,are going to treated .Its perfectly fine for some politician or celeb to get on a news show on national tv and call for your death.thats normal from now on.Also theres more reason to censor the internet.it wont happen now of course but it puts the idea that free speech (remember all the newspapers stood over these reports) is a danger to your saftey.And must be controlled.

seriously its like something from an michael crithon and orwell collaboration.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

HELLO?!?

You describe how the MSM works, not WikiLeaks.

Check out the WikiLeaks website for yourself!!!

From Wikipedia, a different organization:

WikiLeaks is an international new media non-profit organisation that publishes submissions of otherwise unavailable documents from anonymous news sources and leaks. Its website, launched in 2006, is run by The Sunshine Press.[2] Within a year of its launch, the site claimed a database that had grown to more than 1.2 million documents.[6] The organisation has described itself as having been founded by Chinese dissidents, as well as journalists, mathematicians, and start-up company technologists from the United States, Taiwan, Europe, Australia, and South Africa.[2] The Guardian newspaper describes Julian Assange, an Australian Internet activist, as its director.[7]
WikiLeaks has won a number of awards, including the 2008 Economist magazine New Media Award.[8] In June 2009, WikiLeaks and Julian Assange won Amnesty International's UK Media Award (in the category "New Media") for the 2008 publication of "Kenya: The Cry of Blood – Extra Judicial Killings and Disappearances",[9] a report by the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights about police killings in Kenya.[10] In May 2010, the New York Daily News listed WikiLeaks first in a ranking of "websites that could totally change the news".[11] Russia extended its support to WikiLeaks and its founder Julian Assange by issuing a statement which suggested that Assange should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, in the aftermath of the United States diplomatic cables leak.[12]

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This whole thing is kinda fishy, especially the rate they are releasing the cables....If the average citizen called for the assassination of Julian Assange or anyone else for that matter, would they not be locked up? Isn't that called a "terroristic threat"?

Oh and Mr. Assange got arrested right? Where is the "doomsday" file?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost in america

Wikileaks is a B.S. entity.... entirely made up as to have a reason to censor the web....

Yeah, I know. This is a psyop in the true sense of the word.
we are being played by the players...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wikileaks isn't being cleared. This is a ploy to sweep it under the rug, and make it less newsworthy.

It's another way of saying "NOTHING TO SEE HERE FOLKS." Instead of "OMG DON'T LOOK"... which of course will make you want to see it more..........

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Okay I'd like to take a minute to point out exactly what is wrong with this thread.

Nearly every single one of you is saying "Yeah, the media would never publish anything worth publishing." And your cause for saying this? A NEWS ARTICLE.

Critical thinking skills, people.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by I.C. Weiner
This whole thing is kinda fishy, especially the rate they are releasing the cables....If the average citizen called for the assassination of Julian Assange or anyone else for that matter, would they not be locked up? Isn't that called a "terroristic threat"?

Oh and Mr. Assange got arrested right? Where is the "doomsday" file?

Oh dear gods we discuss this EVERY DAY. He has not been permanently freaking silenced. He has not been locked up unjustly. THAT is what the insurance file is for.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller

Originally posted by Lost in america

Yeah, I know. This is a psyop in the true sense of the word.
we are being played by the players...

yeah, this is what i believe to be true.

rumor is (and Im still looking for verification) that Barack Obama's "secretary of information" cass sunstein is actually the shadow creator and owner of wikileaks.

it would fit with sunstein's m.o....he is very into "nudging" people, organizations and governments in a direction that allows greater effectiveness of centralized planning, and he has written that "conspiracy" theories should be controlled through disinformation efforts, taxes or outright shutdowns of websites.

be very afraid of the people that surround barack.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm very glad to see that here on ATS, besides those brainless WL-supporting DDOS kiddies, there are also quite a lot of smart people present with a proper sense for conspiracies, who question Wikileaks and have their suspicions about that fishy organisation.

TPTB are and always were great chess players. Chess was a royal game, a game of aristocrats - not without reason. TPTB regularely play "chess" between themselves and with us, the regular citizens, the non-elites. Of course the elites are better chess players than their subjects, thats why they always managed to keep control and maintain their power over them.
Now, I suspect this recent Wikileaks issue to be a typical chess game situation, where one player (TPTB via Wikileaks) tries to fool/distract his opponent by sacrificing a precious chess piece (a bunch of classified docs) in order to unfold a surprising counterattack with his next few moves, ideally resulting in a checkmate.

Will the people once again loose a game against TPTB? I think yes.
Watch out for a very dark age comming for public (free) internet!

CaseCloser

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Im soz i cant take the article for real as it is on a site with sorcha faal articles.. Further the cables are released onto WL sites also..

kx

top topics

join