It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Gold mine, Sumerian Connection....80,000 yrs ago!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Well, the usual method is to check and make sure she's not in a committed relationship before you make your move.

I just KNEW someone was going to say that....

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jademonkey2k
Gold is an amazingly prefect conductor for electricity, its why high end electronic goods tend to use gold components for logngevity. It would certainly explaine why there were so interested in it.

en.wikipedia.org...
Silver and copper are a much better conductor than gold. But "Gold is commonly used in electrical contacts because it does not easily corrode.". And "In theory, metallic nanotubes can carry an electric current density of 4 × 109 A/cm2 which is more than 1,000 times greater than metals such as copper." - why didn't they use those instead of gold?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by atomsk
en.wikipedia.org...
Silver and copper are a much better conductor than gold. But "Gold is commonly used in electrical contacts because it does not easily corrode.". And "In theory, metallic nanotubes can carry an electric current density of 4 × 109 A/cm2 which is more than 1,000 times greater than metals such as copper." - why didn't they use those instead of gold?

Perhaps because such things had not yet been invented (or theorized) when Sitchin was writing his books. The technology possessed by his Annunaki seems to be limited to Sitchin's knowledge of whatever the current technology was when he composed his books.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Perhaps because such things had not yet been invented (or theorized) when Sitchin was writing his books. The technology possessed by his Annunaki seems to be limited to Sitchin's knowledge of whatever the current technology was when he composed his books.

Including multi-stage rockets (exactly like the Apollo astronauts used) for the Anunnaki to travel to and from Nibiru.

He even tried to say that they used the phrase "the Eagle has landed" in Sumer.

Beyond ridiculous, in other words.
Completely unworthy even of consideration.

Harte

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by atomsk

Originally posted by Jademonkey2k
Gold is an amazingly prefect conductor for electricity, its why high end electronic goods tend to use gold components for logngevity. It would certainly explaine why there were so interested in it.

en.wikipedia.org...

I have very little knowledge at the moment regarding Ancient Sumer but I am currently researching it (might take me a LONG time!) however I have to point out that IF some Alien beings were here for gold we don't actually know what they needed/wanted it for... It could have nothing at all to do with its conductivity

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Also S&F to the OP for the thread, the link might be dodgy but the ensuing conversation has been of interest. I would like to reiterate what a few others have posted and ask for links to the Sumerian tablets that actually talk about Alien beings from another PLANET etc

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
I would like to reiterate what a few others have posted and ask for links to the Sumerian tablets that actually talk about Alien beings from another PLANET etc

Wouldn't hold my breath for that second one. There exist no such writings.

Harte

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jademonkey2k

Silver, and copper have better electrical coductivity than gold. Infact silver is the best known metal for electrical components of high quility. Silver is also Antimicrobial. If anything, let the aliens take the crap gold as silver is better.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
The erudite and learned debunkery is overwhelming...i must bow to your illustrious insults and remonstrations...having only found the article and actually read it through......
Though i must confess to having read much of the annunaki tale....as well as zelikovskys stuff....
The average seeker is bombarded with all kinds of this info,based on grains of half truths or fabrications of long dead authors.The annunaki story is presumed to be translated from cuniform...
The question then arises did the translations of the annunaki story from the cuniform by the author really portray what was in them?
The crux lies here....can anyone show that these are indeed fanciful writings and wishful thinking of a deluded scholar?
If Sitchins translation is accurate then the story is as told,if not then we can all go back to the drawing board.
Earths prehistory is a field shot through with pseudo science and imagination.\\archaeology proven to be imprecise at best.false at worst.
Carbon dating called into question countless times, by various experts.
I understand that a copper mine 80,000 yrs old has been unearthed in africa, dated by dating the vegetable matter ie wood handles still attached to primitive tools.
This is old info,a few years anyways. So why not a slightly older gold mine?
The whole subject is fraught with conjecture, and trustworthy information is scarce to the uninitiated researcher with a few hours to spend looking occaisionally.
With that i thank those for their condescention.
And others for their enthusiasm......well get to the bottom of it all someday....hopefully together.....
s

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling.
Though i must confess to having read much of the annunaki tale....as well as zelikovskys stuff....

I read Velikovsky's stuff back when it was first published and found it exciting... until someone who actually could read cuneiform and knew Mayan hieroglyphs started pointing out the flaws. I was shocked, and went off to find out who was right.

The average seeker is bombarded with all kinds of this info,based on grains of half truths or fabrications of long dead authors.The annunaki story is presumed to be translated from cuniform...

It is... and it isn't. The Annunaki are minor gods and there are several tales about them (just as there are several tales about Zeus and the Greek gods. In one of those, the Greek gods create humans.) But Velikovsky and Sitchin have bent the translations to fit their own agenda (to sell books.) Nobody bought the Penguin Classics translations of the Enamma Elish and classic Babylonian literature (except history nuts like myself.) But throw in ancient aliens and flying saucers and Mayans traveling to the moon and everyone rushes out to buy copies.

If Sitchins translation is accurate then the story is as told,if not then we can all go back to the drawing board.

It isn't, and if you take the time to learn Cuneiform you can figure this out for yourself (he couldn't actually read it.)

Carbon dating called into question countless times, by various experts.

Have you checked the credentials of these "various experts"? To me, the expert is someone who has actually used the tool (personally, and more than once) and has checked and crosschecked it against other types of dating (like carbon dating bones from the tomb of someone who died at a certain date).

I think you may find it interesting to try to find the names of the experts who debunk carbon dating and then check to see how much experience they have with dating archaeological findings.

I understand that a copper mine 80,000 yrs old has been unearthed in africa, dated by dating the vegetable matter ie wood handles still attached to primitive tools.

Not carbon dating. The upper limit of carbon dating is 50,000 years or so. Most mining operations weren't done with wood handled tools... the ore was bashed out of the rocks with hand held rocks (chisels and other tools developed only during the Bronze Age.)

[quote[The whole subject is fraught with conjecture, and trustworthy information is scarce to the uninitiated researcher with a few hours to spend looking occaisionally.

Believe it or not, the problem of "what's true" is now being taught in schools -- learning to distinguish good information from "hey, I have a web page and I'm going to make some stuff up that I think is neat" information. And learning to tell outdated information and updated information apart.

posted on Dec, 22 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

(WingedBull) Perhaps because such things had not yet been invented (or theorized) when Sitchin was writing his books. The technology possessed by his Annunaki seems to be limited to Sitchin's knowledge of whatever the current technology was when he composed his books.

(Harte) Including multi-stage rockets (exactly like the Apollo astronauts used) for the Anunnaki to travel to and from Nibiru.

Or maybe he spent too much time toking up in front of the hi-fi listening to Bowie...

Sitchin reminds me of another fraudster author, Air Force Lt. Col. Philip J Corso, both wrote of "advanced" alien technology based on what was then perceived of as advanced tech - rocketships, transistors, and night vision.

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The crux lies here....can anyone show that these are indeed fanciful writings and wishful thinking of a deluded scholar?

Hello stirling,

The answer to your question is an unequivocal and resounding "YES!". The most basic study of Sitchen's claims, away from the uncritical ancient astronaut world, demonstrates that Sitchen is a man of both limited knowledge and limited imagination.

Originally posted by stirling

Yet in the line right before this, you say that carbon-dating is unreliable and that "experts" find flaws in it.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I believe a previous poster had limited carbon dating to 50,000 yrs...i bring up a case of a claimed 80.000 yrs whats inconsitant about that?
Yes carbon dating has been called into question by far more learned men than i.....that is also a fact...
I dont get this post and attack method , we are all trying to get informed are we not?
If you read the op the dating method used was not carbon dating but another supposedly more accurate way....
Ill continue to post whatever i can find pro or con till we reach some kind of concensus....or not....
When it comes to archaeology, it all theory past 4-5000 yrs ago.....
There is no guarantees that any translation of long dead languages is accurate to the tee.
For those who can read sumerian by sight, how can you be sure that the values youve been given are correct?
There actually are those who give the man credit for the translation....why should you be the correct translation?

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
only read the first page so far
www.intimatecosmos.com...

so shut up about the anunaki needing gold for nibirus atmosphere
it would have been far easier for an advanced space fairing civilization to mine asteroids
you people are delusional

human history may be "sketchy" but so is our ability to accurately date things and our understanding of the planet we live on

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join