It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Gold mine, Sumerian Connection....80,000 yrs ago!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
So the annunaki have the technology to reach earth but need inefficient, fragile humans to mine their gold? never mind the fact there are probably planets far richer in resources than on earth that are not inhabited. Hell i don't even know why im trying to think rationally about such an irrational and absurd theory in the first place, interesting story i guess....

yeah kinda reminds you of the European christians and how they treated the backwards natives everywhere THEY went

naaaa ridicules
never happen

try explaing that to Cecil Rhoads....
edit on 11-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spinster
And every since seeing that the first civilisation on earth, the sumerians, talking about how they was created by a god like race from another planet called the anunnaki, who created us to work the gold mines of earth made it very interesting.

Where exactly do the Sumerians "talk" about this?

Originally posted by Spinster
Finding evidence that this kind of gold mining operation in connection with what the sumerians actually said should be headline news...

No one has yet to say how this is connected to the Sumerians.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
So the annunaki have the technology to reach earth but need inefficient, fragile humans to mine their gold? never mind the fact there are probably planets far richer in resources than on earth that are not inhabited. Hell i don't even know why im trying to think rationally about such an irrational and absurd theory in the first place, interesting story i guess....

Good input my friend, but i think you might have been missing the obvious with regards to earths recources. The majority of planets that we have found (which is tiny in comparison to the amoutn out there) our world is extreamly rich in minerals. For so many plants, animals and lifeforms to appear on this rock there has to be somethings pretty special here.

Gold is an amazingly prefect conductor for electricity, its why high end electronic goods tend to use gold components for logngevity. It would certainly explaine why there were so interested in it.

This planet has a HUGE abundance of raw materials, my guess would be that the annunaki needed it for whatever puposes they saw fit, and to keep them happy the people started mining it and giving it to them as gifts.

A gift to the gods so to speak.

I wouldnt fall intro the trap of thinking that ancient man did somthing because they were forced too. Even today we pay hommage and give gifts to our gods (such as they are).

My own personal opinion is that the annunaki came here looking for resources, ancient man saw them as goods. The annunaki provided ancient man with knowledge and technology. In return ancient man provided them with the raw materials they needed, in this case gold. I wouldnt call it salvery or forced labour, simply and exchange of goods. A simple trade.

Sure if they annunaki where as advanced as people think, it probably would have been the easiest thing in the world to fly to earth, mine the gold and leave with little to no effort. But that would be stealing.

A race as spiritualy advanced as the annunaki would probably want to come from a moral stand point, insted of stealing or simply taking the gold from people, they offered a trade it. Knowledge for materials.

Everybody wins, ancient man begins its technological evolution, the annunaki get thier gold and we know were no longer alone in the universe.

Ok i may have over-analysied it abit here but like i said its a personal opinion, makes sens to me your all free to make your own decisions

Peace and love

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Thank you stirling for posting this article. I found it interesting, as it goes along with my study of Zecharia Sitchin's work. While some of the article is incorrect, in my opinion, regarding the "gods" sacrificing one of their own which led to the creation of humans, the fact that the mines being determined to be that old goes along with what I've read and believe.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Productivemind
the fact that the mines being determined to be that old goes along with what I've read and believe.

Who determined the mine to be that old?

And what connects it to either the Sumerians or the Annunaki?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

edit on 11-12-2010 by WingedBull because: erased double-post

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The site is an archaeological dig, and the n more accurate method of dating was used instead of carbon dating.
The Sumerian tablets tell of, and describe the city where the mining was taking place...from what i understood fairly accurately described too...
So....This place is mentioned in sumerian history
Its age fits with the timeline,
The substance mined fits with the tablets story
The first woman of our race lived in that place abut the same era....she is the ancestor of homo sapiens sapiens, through mitochondrial DNA testing.
I cant believe you didnt get any of this out of the article...but thats what it looks like to me....
The annunaki created our feminine ancestor in that place during that period.
These are not my claaims....but it makes a certain sense to me......
Prhaps anyone disagreeing with it could actually be a little more helpful, and explain your own claims....??
I did not post this as gospel, just more info to mull over and discuss...
If you find fault with it, then try to be a little more scientific yerself....id love to see anyone debunk it,(but with some links of your own) thats why i posted it....

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The site is an archaeological dig, and the n more accurate method of dating was used instead of carbon dating.

Who did the testing? Where can we find a detailed study and description of the finding?

The Sumerian tablets tell of, and describe the city where the mining was taking place...from what i understood fairly accurately described too...

Which Sumerian tablet would this be?

So....This place is mentioned in sumerian history

Source?

The first woman of our race lived in that place abut the same era....she is the ancestor of homo sapiens sapiens, through mitochondrial DNA testing.

Mitochondrial Eve is not the first human woman. Mitochondrial Eve is the most recent common matrilineal ancestor to modern humans. DNA analysis further indicates that at the time of Mitochondrial Eve there were tens of thousands of other humans; however their mitochondrial lineages have died out, though their descendants still live today.

I cant believe you didnt get any of this out of the article...but thats what it looks like to me...

The article made a lot of claims but did little in the way of giving supporting evidence.

If you find fault with it, then try to be a little more scientific yerself....id love to see anyone debunk it...

That is why I am asking for supporting evidence. Throughout this thread (and others, as well as the article linked) people keep repeating the claim "the Sumerians said so" but without backing this up.
edit on 11-12-2010 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull
Throughout this thread (and others, as well as the article linked) people keep repeating the claim "the Sumerians said so" but without backing this up.

Winged,

When you see the words "the Sumerians said..." or "Sumerian tablets describe..." on this website, you're far, FAR more likely to be right if you assume "said" and "describe" to mean "never said" and "don't describe."

Of course, no such Sumerian tablet, or story, exists.

Harte

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Something else to think about.

Anyone here know the story of King Solomon's Mines? Maybe his gold mines, which were in a place called Ophir.

King Solomon, one of the most wealthy Kings of his time was a "gold" nut...we have been told that his copper mines were found in Jordan. Yet he was able to keep the location of his gold mines a secret. He was a very learned man who also was able to communicate with those in other lands, including Sumeria and more than likely read about the gold mines of the Anunnuki. (this last part is just an educated guess, but entirely possible)

He was also a King that was in touch with the Spirits and call up demons and control them. All these things were attributed to him...so maybe he found something, or was given something from the mines of the Anunnuki, like assistance with his occult studies, or a interstellar relationship of some kind as long as he kept the true location of the gold mines a secret.

Just a bit of out of the box thinking. If you are interested in reading something on Solomon's Mines...give it a click. Might find it interesting.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Edit to add: Map of Africa of possible locations and more info:

www.geographicus.com...
edit on 11-12-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jademonkey2k
The chillian mine was aparently an iron mine, we didnt enter the iron age untill about 1200 BC (roughly 3800 years ago). So its taken us nearly 4000 years to get from mud huts to space travel.

If ancient civilizations were messing around with ores 80,000 to 150,000 years ago then its boggles the mind as to what they must have achived. It took us nearly 4000 years to get to where we are today from basic mines, if thease dudes were doing it 150,000 years ago....by my calculation that would put thier technology 146,000 years ahead of ours if there were still alive today.

I think this can be explained by the accelerating rate of technological change expressed by Moore's Law and similar observations.

A fictional time frame might be it took 10,000 to get the wheel, but then only 1,000 years to the steam engine, then only 100 years to the microchip, then only 10 years to etc, etc. The more technology (knowledge?) we have, the quicker the next leap or "doubling" is.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.

Anyone here know the story of King Solomon's Mines? Maybe his gold mines, which were in a place called Ophir.

King Solomon, one of the most wealthy Kings of his time was a "gold" nut...we have been told that his copper mines were found in Jordan. Yet he was able to keep the location of his gold mines a secret. He was a very learned man who also was able to communicate with those in other lands, including Sumeria and more than likely read about the gold mines of the Anunnuki. (this last part is just an educated guess, but entirely possible)

He was also a King that was in touch with the Spirits and call up demons and control them. All these things were attributed to him...so maybe he found something, or was given something from the mines of the Anunnuki, like assistance with his occult studies, or a interstellar relationship of some kind as long as he kept the true location of the gold mines a secret.

Just a bit of out of the box thinking. If you are interested in reading something on Solomon's Mines...give it a click. Might find it interesting.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Edit to add: Map of Africa of possible locations and more info:

www.geographicus.com...
edit on 11-12-2010 by Holly N.R.A. because: (no reason given)

That's all very nice and all, but there is no historical evidence for Solomon, or his mines.
I wouldn't doubt the possibility of the mythological character in the Bible having the same kernel of truth as say, King Arthur might, but that's as far as it goes.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Looking for half remebred back up material, i thought this deserved its own thread.
I dont know if this has been posted yet, but in view of the 12000 yr old mine in Chile being so remarkable, heres one mine that can be traced to Annunaki rule through Sumerian records
At least i think that is the general implication here...
The miine may date back as much as 115,000 yrs...!
read on macduff
www.viewzone.com...

I'm afraid McDuff here started eye-rolling on the first sentence and went "ARRRGH!" when the site (which knows nothing of the Sumerian culture) identified a seal impression as "The Story of the Great Flood." It's actually showing the main gods of Erdu offering a blessing (The inscription on the seal does NOT say "Great Flood", by the way. The description of what's on it is here: www.factsbehindfaith.com... )

As with many "Alternate history" sites, this one has no sense of when things happened in history and where they happened and fact-checking is poor. Old accounts of Zulu legends do not have anything about people working gold mines for gods and his Zulu source is a person living right now who is a New Age guru.

Finally, the solar system is not unique in its chemical composition (scientists have known this since they were first able to do spectral analysis of stars in 1860 (William Huygens): en.wikipedia.org...

Getting gold isn't that difficult. The oceans have more of it than we've found on the surface (and it's easier to get to... it's mixed into the seawater.) There are stars whose core is composed of gold. An old Space.com article reports (I haven't confirmed this) that much of the gold on the planet may not have formed when Earth formed (but came from asteroids and meteorites) : www.space.com...

Another report repeats this, and adds that there's gold on the Moon and on Mars:
www.astrobio.net...

And (as we've all said) why create humans, which take 18 years to get to full strength (plus a lot of food) and don't live that long when you could make a machine with easily replaceable parts? Where are the straight-bored mine tunnels that you'd use to get gold out of mines (most ancient tunnels are fairly short (50-200 feet), and most ancients simply got the gold from nuggets on the surface... so "open pit mines" and not tunnels)?

The author tries a lot of things to convince you that his theory is correct, but he's done a lot of shoddy research and hasn't actually done any good fact checking (his information on Mitochondrial Eve is ... uh... well, it looks like someone read just one report and misunderstood a lot of things.)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Holly N.R.A.

Yes. They're first mentioned in a book by H. Ryder Haggard (1850) and were the introduction to his famous fictional character, Alan Quartermain. I read it recently; great book! en.wikipedia.org...

In fact, the article you're using as a source mentions this:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Biblical sources say he amassed 666 talents of gold per year (about the weight of 666 cubic feet of water, which, given the weight of gold isn't that much) en.wikipedia.org... Ophir's a port region that served another country which sent him gold. The sum mentioned is in tribute from another nation -- kings who were his subjects, not mining specifically.

There's a bit of a timeline problem here.

King Solomon (as others have said) has never been confirmed as a historical figure. There are guesses for the time period of his reign...but these are guesses which have never been confirmed by any item showing up with his name or seal on it (compare this to, say, early Egyptian or Sumerian kings where we find statues and seals and inscriptions galore.)

The Annunaki are the Sumerain "younger gods" and are found in a tablet that dates to 700 BC; earliest versions may date to 1800 BC. The text comes from Ashurbanipal's library -- he was an Assyrian king and pretty well known.

The best guess anyone has for Solomon (if he existed) is about 900 BC ( en.wikipedia.org... ). That would have put him in conflict (if he existed) with Ashurbanipal and his lineage for resources, but there's no evidence that these Assyrian kings were clients/subjects of Solomon.

This is part of the problem with establishing Solomon as a real figure (your news article doesn't go into this, but anyone interested in history research knows about it.)

He was also a King that was in touch with the Spirits and call up demons and control them.

Most of those stories come from the Arabian Nights tales, which aren't that old (1000 AD or so) when Solomon and his seal were important "deux ex machina" of many folk tales. I think the article you quoted mentions this. In the Bible, consorting with spirits and demons was a sentence for death by stoning (the tale of the "Witch of Endor" comes to mind, who lived during the time of Saul -- Solomon's father) so the source of the "commanding demons" legend isn't Jewish/Biblical.

However, it may date to the first century AD (100 AD or just before that) with a "pious fake" book called "Testament of Solomon": en.wikipedia.org...

You found a wonderful article that goes over the mythology of the mines and how it came to be. I wish I could write that charmingly. Scholars tend to sound stuffy but journalists can make your phone book sound like an exciting research project. And (sadly for the searcher mentioned in the article), you can buy fake maps to King Solomon's mines just about anywhere.

Sorry about the scholarly digression. I love history!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Byrd,

That post was so rich with reference that there was only one thing I could see that was missing:

Originally posted by Byrd
I think the article you quoted mentions this. In the Bible, consorting with spirits and demons was a sentence for death by stoning (the tale of the "Witch of Endor" comes to mind,

After whom Samantha's mother takes her name - Endora - on "Bewitched."

Harte

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Winged,

When you see the words "the Sumerians said..." or "Sumerian tablets describe..." on this website, you're far, FAR more likely to be right if you assume "said" and "describe" to mean "never said" and "don't describe."

Of course, no such Sumerian tablet, or story, exists.

Harte

Hello Harte,

Though I realize that is the case, in asking those questions I am trying to provoke meaningful thought and conversation about the claims you paraphrased. It seems that those making the claims are repeating them without any genuine thought.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Hello Harte,

Though I realize that is the case, in asking those questions I am trying to provoke meaningful thought and conversation about the claims you paraphrased. It seems that those making the claims are repeating them without any genuine thought.

Winged,

In all sincerity, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.
Should you succeed, I hope you won't mind if I start using your arguments word for word, as this is what I've tried to do lo these last 5 and a half years (with hardly any success, I might add.)

Harte

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
How does one "date" a mine anyway (serious question here) ... ? Obviously carbon dating isn't going to work unless you find dead bodies in it.... so what other methods could be used?

edit on 12/15/2010 by JustMe74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Should you succeed, I hope you won't mind if I start using your arguments word for word, as this is what I've tried to do lo these last 5 and a half years (with hardly any success, I might add.)

By all means, Mr. Harte, please.

If we can get just one person...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustMe74
How does one "date" a mine anyway (serious question here) ... ?

Well, the usual method is to check and make sure she's not in a committed relationship before you make your move.

Harte

By all means, Mr. Harte, please.

If we can get just one person...

But what about No Naif Left Behind?

Too much pressure?

Harte

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join