It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Hands Off to Bill Clinton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Im so sick...i trusted Obama. Voted for him. Held the faith. He is a complete and utter SELLOUT. I don't feel to bad though McCain would have done worse. I really wish Hillary had got a chance rather than this pathetic flip flopper.

He has never once done what he was put in there to do. He has not once done the things that made people vote for him. Now he wipes his dirty hand on Clinton whom actually did improve out country in many ways.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

The thing about it is will the Republicans have enough sense to realize what a plum Obama and Clinton have just laid in their laps.

Though bizarre and humorous this whole thing could very easily be spun as follows -

Republicans - "They are right! It is a good bipartisan bill. No, it doesn't have everything, everyone wants, but it will help. We are striving to make progress. It is Pelosi and crew that are holding things up! Even Obama realizes it! Of course, he is too weak to get it done and had to bring Clinton in...."

I'm not saying that is why he brought Clinton out - I'm just saying it could easily be spun that way. Who knows if it will be...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Now he wipes his dirty hand on Clinton whom actually did improve out country in many ways.

What the hell did Clinton do which improved our country?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Republicans - "They are right! It is a good bipartisan bill. No, it doesn't have everything, everyone wants, but it will help. We are striving to make progress. It is Pelosi and crew that are holding things up! Even Obama realizes it! Of course, he is too weak to get it done and had to bring Clinton in...."

I'm not saying that is why he brought Clinton out - I'm just saying it could easily be spun that way. Who knows if it will be...

I heard one of the newscasters say tonight that it was good to have Clinton back as president.
Last night there was a union leader from Chicago that was saying at a speech that Obama was a poet, not a fighter, and he just doesn't actually get anything done. There seems to be a lot of people turning against him, fast.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by Xeven
Now he wipes his dirty hand on Clinton whom actually did improve out country in many ways.

What the hell did Clinton do which improved our country?

Do you mean what did he do that improved the country, or what did he do that improved the country that you will accept?

I can spend ages gathering together pages full of various bills, legislation, and other things he did...however, like creationism verses evolution, facts are ignored when they don't fit your outlook.

So..will cut to the chase. He did all kinds of stuff. if your truely curious, then google is your friend...if you wish to remain within your personal worldview, then dont google it.

Having Clinton speak up on this issue is important. People recognise Clinton as a symbol of a actual fiscal and economical greatness in the country. This may not really change minds by itself for any statesmen opposing it, but Clinton is mind candy for the people..and when Bill says something, the guy back home will write his senator or congressman and demand they support what bill says.

Many people simply don't trust Obama..mostly because he is in the endless fray of media. Clinton is now gone from office and so, as we do with all our Presidents, seen as a perfect man from a perfect time by the people (remember, the good old days were 10 years ago...no matter what the year..it was always 10 years ago)..

I miss Bill...everything was perfect in the 90s. Economy boomed, Surplus economy, balanced budgets, Monika, Internet was almost troll free...-sigh-

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Do you mean what did he do that improved the country, or what did he do that improved the country that you will accept?

I can spend ages gathering together pages full of various bills, legislation, and other things he did...however, like creationism verses evolution, facts are ignored when they don't fit your outlook.

I don't need pages. How about just 2 things?

Surely you must feel strongly about something that you think Clinton did to improve things.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I don't need pages. How about just 2 things?

Surely you must feel strongly about something that you think Clinton did to improve things.

Moving From Record Deficits to Record Surplus. In 1992, the deficit was $290 billion, a record dollar high. In 2000, we have a projected budget surplus of $167 billion -- the largest dollar surplus on record (even after adjusting for inflation) and the largest as a share of our economy since 1951. This is the first time we have had three surpluses in a row in more than a half century.

Over 21 Million New Jobs. 21.2 million new jobs have been created since 1993, the most jobs ever created under a single Administration -- and more new jobs than Presidents Reagan and Bush created during their three terms. 92 percent (19.4 million) of the new jobs have been created in the private sector, the highest percentage in 50 years. Under President Clinton and Vice President Gore, the economy has added an average of 248,000 jobs per month, the highest under any President. This compares to 52,000 per month under President Bush and 167,000 per month under President Reagan.

1 and 2

Here...if you want to know alot more...click HERE

edit on 10-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: added a helpful URL

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

1 and 2

Do you think Clinton was king or something?
Umm.....You do realize that Congress has the power & controls the money and writes the legislation right? And who was in control of Congress at the time? Hint: It was not the dem's. I'm sure you already know that in order for Clinton to get re-elected, he had to take a sharp turn to the right because he was failing on all fronts when he was pushing is left wing ideology early on. If it was not for the Republican congress at the time restraining the purse strings, it would have been bad.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

1 and 2

Do you think Clinton was king or something?
Umm.....You do realize that Congress has the power & controls the money and writes the legislation right? And who was in control of Congress at the time? Hint: It was not the dem's. I'm sure you already know that in order for Clinton to get re-elected, he had to take a sharp turn to the right because he was failing on all fronts when he was pushing is left wing ideology early on. If it was not for the Republican congress at the time restraining the purse strings, it would have been bad.

And in response, I will simply repost what I wrote initially

So..will cut to the chase. He did all kinds of stuff. if your truely curious, then google is your friend...if you wish to remain within your personal worldview, then dont google it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Why?

That does nothing to address the points I made.
Please tell me what part of my statement was not accurate.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Why?

That does nothing to address the points I made.
Please tell me what part of my statement was not accurate.

Clinton faced down Gingrich. stood toe to toe with him and did not compromise. government shut down because of it and Bill simply smiled. Gingrich gave in and realized he could not beat Bill without toasting his own career, therefore -he- moved to the center (where bill was at to begin with)

I personally think government works best when its divided and a Dem is in the white house. I believe this based on actual hard facts. Reps write the legislation, Dem senate pushes forward after centering it, and the POTUS then decides based on social aspects if it is right. This is proven to be a win for America...and come January, this is how it will once again be set up. I have high hopes of the new dynamics.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

This is proven to be a win for America...and come January, this is how it will once again be set up. I have high hopes of the new dynamics.

How & when was this proved?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

This is proven to be a win for America...and come January, this is how it will once again be set up. I have high hopes of the new dynamics.

How & when was this proved?

read a few posts up...click that link.
I will not be giving you a history lesson you will refuse to read. Its pointless..I could be engaging in meaningful conversations elsewhere verses chat to the guy whom had a near orgasm when Obama had a basketball accident.

Some mindsets I really try not to engage with for extended posts. Some things simply aren't worthwhile. Enjoy your weekend.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I will not be giving you a history lesson you will refuse to read. Its pointless.

I guess it is pointless when you are living in a fantasy world. You are just making stuff up.

Read what?
You have not debated any of my points and your only link is to a google search. Which one of the 500,000 links should I try?

I could be engaging in meaningful conversations elsewhere

I find that hard to believe given your lack of knowledge and ignorance.

verses chat to the guy whom had a near orgasm when Obama had a basketball accident.

Come on, that was funny.

Orgasm? Where in the world did that come from? Talk about being a drama queen.

Some mindsets I really try not to engage with for extended posts.

If you would brush up on your knowledge a little bit more, perhaps you would have more self confidence and be able to engage further.

edit on 12/11/2010 by WhatTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Oh you mean they didn't address the controversial "lipstick on a pig" statement??

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Poor Obama... Hes just gotta muddle through the next two years and then he can get back to what he does best, campaigning, conning and lying to the American voters.

Come on SERIOUSLY people, what did you expect?
You voted for a JUNIOR Senator to hold the highest office in the USA, and youre surprised that he doesnt have a clue?
I know some people that voted for him just because he was black and wanted to be a "part of history" their words, not mine, they didnt care if he was qualified or not.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Always nice to see the Commander In Chief of the free world basically emasculate and de-ball himself right there in front of everyone for all to see. It's a sad day when your own party hates you and Nacy Pelosi is more of a man than you are.

Sad as it may sound, but it was kinda nice seeing old Slick Willie back in action again. He would be a marked improvement over this tool we have right now.

edit on 12/11/10 by BlackOps719 because: to add hilarity

edit on 12/11/10 by BlackOps719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
man, the fringe is coming out...Glen Beck end or something?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join