It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should children be punished for their parents sins and crimes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

God seems to think so.

Yet if you ask almost any parent or person, they would reject such a notion and thus break God’s first commandment by placing their philosophy in this issue above God’s. Most people would not follow what they would see as God’s immoral example. Can good people then not be good Christians if they will not follow God‘s ways in this issue?
Rather a catch 22.

www.youtube.com...

You will know that as you read this O P, 16,000 people starve to death daily. Most of these are children. Do the math and you will see that as many starve yearly as the number of Jews that Hitler massacred.
Every year my friend, this carnage continues.
God nor Man seems to venerate human life to any great extent.
It can be said that man cannot do more about this situation than what he is already doing.
God does not have that excuse.
Some foolish thinkers will point to free will as his excuse but then would have to explain all the other times in scripture where God ignores our free will to live as he kills us.
If he can do so to kill us then surly he can do so to save us.

www.youtube.com.../u/2/k88ntaUXP2c

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com.../u/22/_g52sX8PgX8

Just to hurt your mind as you ponder this question.

God seems to overcome evil with evil even as.
Romans 12:21. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

God also punishes children for the deeds of their parents even as,
Ezekiel 18:20. The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Is God a just God?
Is God a good God?

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

God is the biggest A**hole ever.. He gets bored so he does messed up things for amusment and since there isn't anyone to punish HIM he just keeps doing it and doing it.....

The first thing i do when i get to Heaven or wherever is punch God in his stupid nose

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Then maybe we should punish God for the sins of man.

Letting his son take the fall says volumes, starting with hypocrisy.
edit on 12/10/2010 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

That's the thing though... I don't think he cares... He's just like "Eh.." and grabs a bowl of popcorn and watches reality TV

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Is God a just God?
Is God a good God?
DL

God is always right- He is never wrong. When God does something; it is not right because He did it, it is right because it is right. God is perfect in all His ways. It is not good because God chose it, therefore it must be good! God chose it because it is good, God wills it because it is good, it’s not good simply because he wills it or chose it to be. God is not arbitrary or capricious. He knows the greater good because He alone possesses all knowledge. To preserve life is the greater good. So while God is all-powerful he cannot act or think contrary to His perfect eternal unlimited nature, which is the ultimate standard of moral good. As Jesus said - there is none good but God.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spinechilling

Yes, killing innocent people is right... ALWAYS....

can you say brainwashing?

I believe in God, but i can't forgive him for what is wrong with the world.. If you can, than you are psychotic.. Would you forgive me if i murdered your child? Hell No! But God does it, and it was meant to be?

It's time to retire the myth of a nice loving God, because EVERYONE on Earth could name 100 examples of messed up thing God has done

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by squirelnutz

Yes, killing innocent people is right... ALWAYS....

I believe in God, but i can't forgive him for what is wrong with the world.. If you can, than you are psychotic.. Would you forgive me if i murdered your child? Hell No! But God does it, and it was meant to be?

God is not subject to the same moral obligations and prohibitions that we are. For example, I have no right to take an innocent life . For me to do so would be murder. But God has no such prohibition. He can give and take life as He chooses as. We all recognize this when we accuse some authority who presumes to take life as “playing God.” Human authorities arrogate to themselves rights which belong only to God. God is under no obligation whatsoever to extend my life for another second.

I would ensure that you are brought to justice, but I would not allow myself to be filled with hate towards you. We are taught to forgive not for the people who commit crimes against, but for us; hatred eats you up inside, even more so than the original offense towards You. While they're going on about their lives (even if it is in prison) you are constantly being consumed more and more by your hatred, when you should mourn your loss and move on. It would be hard at first but yes I would forgive you.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

God is not subject to the same moral obligations????!!!???

You are just in denial.. God is a bully.. Plain and simple... He doesn't love us.. You can't treat something like that, and love them... It's like the redneck that beats his wife because he loves her....

You can go on and on, but i CAN'T change my view of God.. He has forsaken me since birth so he get's a big ol FU from me

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

This reminds me of a quote from Devils Advocate:

Let me give you a little inside information about God. God likes to watch. He's a prankster. Think about it. He gives man instincts. He gives you this extraordinary gift, and then what does He do, I swear for His own amusement, his own private, cosmic gag reel, He sets the rules in opposition. It's the goof of all time. Look but don't touch. Touch, but don't taste. Taste, don't swallow. Ahaha. And while you're jumpin' from one foot to the next, what is he doing? He's laughin' His sick, f-in' ass off! He's a tight-ass! He's a SADIST! He's an absentee landlord! Worship that? NEVER!

I couldn't agree with you or this statement more!

But then again I don't believe in god(s) like most do.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Lol, i agree.. I think there is someone up there though but i also think

He's laughin' His sick, f-in' ass off!

The Book "Letters to Earth" by Mark Twain sums it all up nicely, too

He took a pride in man; man was his finest invention; man was his pet, after the housefly . . . .

We are just a pet

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
Then maybe we should punish God for the sins of man.

Letting his son take the fall says volumes, starting with hypocrisy.

It was a close thing though.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinechilling

Is God a just God?
Is God a good God?
DL

God is always right- He is never wrong. When God does something; it is not right because He did it, it is right because it is right. God is perfect in all His ways. It is not good because God chose it, therefore it must be good! God chose it because it is good, God wills it because it is good, it’s not good simply because he wills it or chose it to be. God is not arbitrary or capricious. He knows the greater good because He alone possesses all knowledge. To preserve life is the greater good. So while God is all-powerful he cannot act or think contrary to His perfect eternal unlimited nature, which is the ultimate standard of moral good. As Jesus said - there is none good but God.

If using genocide is good enough for God then it is good justice.
Who are your next heroes? Hitler and Stalin?

Heil.

Regards
DL

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

God seems to think so.

Yet if you ask almost any parent or person, they would reject such a notion and thus break God’s first commandment by placing their philosophy in this issue above God’s. Most people would not follow what they would see as God’s immoral example. Can good people then not be good Christians if they will not follow God‘s ways in this issue?
Rather a catch 22.

You will know that as you read this O P, 16,000 people starve to death daily. Most of these are children. Do the math and you will see that as many starve yearly as the number of Jews that Hitler massacred.
Every year my friend, this carnage continues.
God nor Man seems to venerate human life to any great extent.
It can be said that man cannot do more about this situation than what he is already doing.
God does not have that excuse.
Some foolish thinkers will point to free will as his excuse but then would have to explain all the other times in scripture where God ignores our free will to live as he kills us.
If he can do so to kill us then surly he can do so to save us.

Just to hurt your mind as you ponder this question.

God seems to overcome evil with evil even as.
Romans 12:21. Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

God also punishes children for the deeds of their parents even as,
Ezekiel 18:20. The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Is God a just God?
Is God a good God?

Regards
DL

God's first commandment is
1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

So your first paragraph makes no sense about the commandment.
We as parents are to raise up our children in the ways of the Lord. You assume that what you did will give a lashing to your child, well in a sense it does. As you should be the greatest icon in their earthly life, if you are a drunkard it is likely that your child will befall the same life. This example could be endless.

As also a parent that is of the Belief of Jesus raises up their children it is likely that these children will not partake of the sins of this world.

In either example there are those that do not follow after the parents raising.
But on the first example the child that finds Jesus breaks the curse upon acceptance of him.

As to your example of people starving, well those in the countries far from here are not starving because of lack of people will or food to feed them, it is greed. One the so called charities that take money to feed these people use up 80 percent for administrative costs, the rest is then eaten by the military of what ever country the food is sent to.

On this example I am guilty to when was the last time YOU took money or food to some one you new needed it?????

God is not heartless we are to love one another and do this work for him, but greed, self preservation, want for one's self have taken over the daily life of us all.

If you are so into reading the Old Testament, why did you not post the parts about leaving the corners of the field for the poor or not gleaning the field

Lev.19
[9] And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not wholly reap the corners of thy field, neither shalt thou gather the gleanings of thy harvest.
[10] And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the LORD your God.

Also many that starve in these other countries can not plant and harvest do to Government or military control.

Romans 12:
[17] Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
[18] If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
[19] Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
[20] Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
[21] Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Is God a just God? Yes.
If you live your whole life as a sinner not seeking God in any way and one day before you physically die you accept Christ as your Lord and Savior and repent of your sins you will be saved.
Just as you live your whole life following God's commandment living Holy and one day before you die you do everything that God abhors you will be lost.

Is God Good? Yes. God did not create evil man with the help of Satan has devised all the evil that exists.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinechilling

Is God a just God?
Is God a good God?
DL

If using genocide is good enough for God then it is good justice.
Who are your next heroes? Hitler and Stalin?

Heil.

Regards
DL

'In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.' Job 12:10, God gives life, and health, and happiness when he pleases, and when he chooses he takes them away. And the last time I checked Hitler and Stalin didn't have that kind of power so they had no right in taking any ones life.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
And God has a RIGHT to kill.

Keep your head up his ass then and do not wonder where that RIGHT came from.

Man is at the point where he can produce life.
to say that a creator has the RIGHT to kill or abuse what he creates is idiotic.

Your morals are garbage.

Regards
DL

top topics

join